Opinion Will we make the finals? Do your ladder predictor.

Will we make the finals?

• Yes

Votes: 103 59.9%
  • No

Votes: 69 40.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

How about J McGovern's goal after the siren two weeks ago?

Mind you, we've had our own sliding doors moments:

- Gawn missing a sitter in the last 10 seconds of round 1
- Defensive mix up sees Zuthrie on Roughead at the death in round 2
- Taylor's kick after the siren
- Tuohy's kick after the siren
- Gaz's missed shot on the run with 90 seconds left v Richmond

And thanking the dogs and Collingwood we have been fortunate to get some results that have made the equation so much simpler to look at. Realistically if port upset pies port we be a good chance to hold on at home while the Don's have nothing to play for.

I think this season we have been on the fortunate end. This year is wide open though surprisingly we have a side capable of going to a prelim. Just depends if we click or not I wouldn't mind going to Sydney to play gws think it's unlikely though

CD says 14% 7th, 84% 8th and 2% 9th.

Most likely opponent if we finish 8th is:

Melbourne 64%
Collingwood 17%
GWS 15%
Hawthorn 4%
Sydney <1%

Most likely opponent if we finish 7th is:

Hawthorn 66%
Sydney 30%
Collingwood 4%
GWS <1%
Melbourne <1%

My prediction is that Geelong is going to make supporters of a side it has enjoyed bullying for the past decade very happy in the finals just like it did last year. Seems it's getting a bit back now, first from Richmond last year, and now it will be Melbourne. Going to be fairly excruciating with the commentators and Melbourne fans vociferously cheering as they romp home a finals win against a team that has so incessantly hurt them, finally casting off their modern history as an awful club not worthy of the Melbourne name. It'll be that Richmond game all over again.

My prediction is that Geelong is going to make supporters of a side it has enjoyed bullying for the past decade very happy in the finals just like it did last year. Seems it's getting a bit back now, first from Richmond last year, and now it will be Melbourne. Going to be fairly excruciating with the commentators and Melbourne fans vociferously cheering as they romp home a finals win against a team that has so incessantly hurt them, finally casting off their modern history as an awful club not worthy of the Melbourne name. It'll be that Richmond game all over again.
B.B predicting we'll lose. More news at 6.

I think if we get them in week 1,you could be proven right unfortunately.
I actually rate us a better show v the Hawks too be honest.

That's the spirit!

Good points, it's always been a weak year and many sides have big injury issues.

Sydney have the bizarre bad record at the SCG.

Melbourne are finals newbies.

Only teams I'd say without question marks, and have beaten us 4-0, are Richmond and Hawthorn. Not that I think this Hawthorn are incredibly strong, but they are fairly healthy and strong performers at the G. Richmond are definitely gettable, but it's still going to be a major coup for someone to knock them off.

Anyway, we'll see. Even with our poor finals record, gotta be in it to win it, and this is another year where going deep is possible for anyone given the circumstances.
Doggies 16 put every bad record behind them. Away in WA, Hawks at G, Away in Sydney, then the GF at the G.
Ditto Tigers 17- starting with beating their nemesis - us

Gosh, what a fine example of a supporter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If its 100% we are in.

Yes. Id rest Selwood and Kelly. Bring in Chook and one other.

Basing this on Selwood has played most games and could use a rest IMO and 2 weeks would freshen him up. And he's the one player that ive rarely seen not get going after a break. 2 hits and he's switched back on.

And I REALLY want to see Chook get a go at this level. GCS is full of kids - not like Tigers MF full of bigger bodies - and IMO Chook has earned the bump up.

Wont happen but you raised a good point.

GO Catters

It's a shame we have such an early game in the round. Wish we had a Sunday game to see some of the other results. Because a big win and Melbourne loss could change whom we play. Still that would be so arrogant for an 8 team to rest players lol. They beat Sydney in Sydney let's show some level of respect.

Doggies 16 put every bad record behind them. Away in WA, Hawks at G, Away in Sydney, then the GF at the G.
Ditto Tigers 17- starting with beating their nemesis - us
Exactly. The way the AFL is set up at the moment, there's no better time to break hoodoos or briefly catch fire on a September rampage. There's no reason Melbourne, or GWS (injuries permitting) couldn't make a similar run from outside the top 4.

I have us (assuming we keep winning)

Week 1: Melbourne @MCG [Melbourne will beat GWS R23]
Week 2: Hawthorn @MCG [Hawthorn will beat Sydney R23 and lose W1 v Richmond]
Week 3: Collingwood @MCG [Beating Freo R23, Winning W1 v Wet Toast]
Week 4: Richmond @MCG [Beating Hawthorn W1 and Sydney/Wet Toast W3]

I have us (assuming we keep winning)

Week 1: Melbourne @MCG [Melbourne will beat GWS R23]
Week 2: Hawthorn @MCG [Hawthorn will beat Sydney R23 and lose W1 v Richmond]
Week 3: Collingwood @MCG [Beating Freo R23, Winning W1 v Wet Toast]
Week 4: Richmond @MCG [Beating Hawthorn W1 and Sydney/Wet Toast W3]
Yeah, I had us the same...

Back