Opinion Will we make the finals? Do your ladder predictor.

Will we make the finals?

• Yes

Votes: 103 59.9%
  • No

Votes: 69 40.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

its extremely unlikely, i agree. but unlikely things can happen!

we are almost certainly in the finals now, but nothing is ever certain in sport. as great as our last 3 quarters were, our 1st was very ordinary.
And GC did beat the Swans....

I wouldn’t mind playing the swans. Flogged them up there and should have easily beaten them here until we shat the bed in that last quarter down here.
Which ever team we potentially play will be above us on the ladder. But GC first.

If Essendon beat Port on Friday night we'll be locked in the 8 regardless of our match provided they and North don't make up the 20-odd percentage points we have over the both of them. Would make viewing Saturday's match much less stressful, especially if we start as shaky as we did against the Dockers.

Here the scenarios, assuming other teams win as expected.

Sydney & Melb win:

IMG_4463.jpg

Sydney & GWS win, and we win by about 50pts (we overtake Melb %)

IMG_4464.jpg

Sydney and GWS win, and we win small
(don’t overtake Melb %)

IMG_4468.jpg

Hawks & Melb win

IMG_4465.jpg

Hawks and GWS win, and we win small (don’t overtake Melb %)

IMG_4469.jpg

Hawks & GWS win, and we win by about 50pts (we overtake Melb %)

IMG_4467.jpg

Scenario 2 or 4 could see us play MCG in weeks 1 and 2 (even 3 ) if we kept winning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Collingwood option is true, if they drop the game to Freo it changes things but otherwise from what I can see if Melb beat GWS then we will play Melb and the Sydney vs Hawks game is irrelevant.

I agree Melbourne are likely but theres still other options. Essentially they are this:

A) If Collingwood and Melbourne win Coll 3rd winner of haw/syd 4th melb 5th loser syd/haw 6th gws 7th us 8th so we play Melb. Unless

B) Haw and Syd draw in which case Melb will be 6th Syd will be 5th and we get Syd.

C) If Melb win and Coll lose but Haw win then Coll are 5th and we get them. If Melb win Coll lose and Syd win then we get whichever of Coll and Haw that loses by the smaller margin than the other.

D) If Coll and GWS win and Syd/Haw is not a draw GWS are 5th and we play them. Unless we beat GC by enough for us to pass Melb on % in which case we are 7th and we will play the loser of Syd vs Haw who will be 6th.

I think A) is most likely but both of the scenarios in D are pretty possible.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree Melbourne are likely but theres still other options. Essentially they are this:

A) If Collingwood and Melbourne win Coll 3rd winner of haw/syd 4th melb 5th loser syd/haw 6th gws 7th us 8th so we play Melb. Unless

B) Haw and Syd draw in which case Melb will be 6th Syd will be 5th and we get Syd.

C) If Melb win and Coll lose but Haw win then Coll are 5th and we get them. If Melb win Coll lose and Syd win then we get whichever of Coll and Haw that loses by the smaller margin than the other.

D) If Coll and GWS win and Syd/Haw is not a draw GWS are 5th and we play them. Unless we beat GC by enough for us to pass Melb on % in which case we are 7th and we will play the loser of Syd vs Haw who will be 6th.

I think A) is most likely but both of the scenarios in D are pretty possible.

So many scenarios!

If we finish 8th which is expected the only path through to the gf is a trip to Perth. ****
Wouldn't that depend on where the Eagles finish though?

They are only 1 game ahead of Collingwood by 0.1% & Hawthorn by 0.3%. WCE travels to play the Lions and while they'll probably start favorites, the Lions have caused a few upsets this year and will want to finish the season on a high.

Eagles lose and they could easily drop from 2nd if either Collingwood or Hawthorn win

Would be handy if Bombers win. I would pull out Ablett if they do. Maybe even J Selwood too.

Danger would be the first man i would pull out, has looked sore for months, we all know the MC wont rest anyone though and Gaz will more than likely ping a hammy, Stewart do an ankle and Hawkins * his back up :drunk:

At least we know Menzel will play well next weekend given how it will be his last game for the year....you know... He doesn't get picked in important finals!!!

P. S could be his last game in the hoops too!!!

We’ve beaten Melbourne twice, and Hawthorn have beaten us twice but I would much prefer Hawks in week one. Reckon we would turn them over. Melbourne worry me, very unpredictable, and I felt their midfield really got a hold of us down in Geelong.
Demons have this Dogs 16 smell about them.
About time too- 1964.
It's "their turn" if that exists.
They have not dominated teams in H & A, but today's win will ignite their confidence and they could just go all the way- if so, we could be their first victims. As you intimate, our wins over them were hardly emphatic.

That said though, I love watching the Pies- they play very committed and exciting footy; they clearly have an excellent deep list.

And then, there's the Tigers, the purring champions just fine-tuning their snarls, and they do deserve outright favouritism.

Simple stuff if the Bombers can knock off Port.

cHFWoD.gif

At least we know Menzel will play well next weekend given how it will be his last game for the year....you know... He doesn't get picked in important finals!!!

P. S could be his last game in the hoops too!!!
He does have this tendency to get soreness though.
He is much needed and wanted in our best 22.

Back