Will we miss finals?

Remove this Banner Ad

Many of us who've been negative have bemoaned the fact that when we've been faced with critical challenges that were must win, that we've been found wanting. The premise of this thread may have been to highlight the possibility that we would miss finals (which has clearly now been shown to be incorrect) but it doesn't undo some of the failures we've produced on the biggest stage.
The possibility was not incorrect. Some just rated that possibility greater than others

this made me smile, it's a no-lose situation for us. thanks patrick :thumbsu:

Yep, basically if Geelong finish top 4 we are all but guaranteed top 2.

Of course, we could still have the best of both worlds. We win 2 or 3 of our last 3 games and finish 1st. Geelong drop 2 or 3 and finish out of the top 4.

The down side is that if Geelong miss out on top 4 then it is likely that Port or Sydney take their place.

Many of us who've been negative have bemoaned the fact that when we've been faced with critical challenges that were must win, that we've been found wanting. The premise of this thread may have been to highlight the possibility that we would miss finals (which has clearly now been shown to be incorrect) but it doesn't undo some of the failures we've produced on the biggest stage.

The reality is that the cloud over this club remains until we make a Grand Final as our shortfalls haven't just been in the regular season.

I will happily stand corrected and lavish the club with praise should they prove me wrong this year. I'll place my faith in the process and acknowledge gleefully just how wrong I was.

You'll excuse me for not celebrating our flag in Round 20 however when I've been burnt by this club numerous times before.
I just had a disturbing thought. If we win the grand final my Internet forum reputation will be in tatters. The sychophants would have won, albeit 2 footballers generations later.

"Go port"!

A decade of contentment OR big footy reputation.

If we ignore the Trolls on our Board (and there are plenty), the problem with the Crows fans who seem to relish in our failures is that they suck the joy from what will arguably be our best Minor Round in history. In a very closely fought season when bottom teams regularly beat top 4 teams, we have been the most consistent team by a fair margin. We have had one of the more difficult fixtures and we are currently top with by far the best percentage. If you can't enjoy this season then microwave your membership.

We are far from certain to win the flag but our improvement over the last three years has been remarkable despite all the set backs.

My advice is for the Tools is to STFU, sit back, relax and enjoy the ride.

If we cement a top two spot, which i think we will/have, do we rest players for the WC game or should we keep winning momentum (assuming we win the next two)?
theres no need to, theres a week break between the end of the season and finals

theres no need to, theres a week break between the end of the season and finals

Yep, i know we have the break. Maybe "sit out" is a better term, to mitigate risk, seeing as the WC game could have no bearing on our final ladder position. Always a quandary though. I'd prolly choose to go in with a full squad.

Yep, i know we have the break. Maybe "sit out" is a better term, to mitigate risk, seeing as the WC game could have no bearing on our final ladder position. Always a quandary though. I'd prolly choose to go in with a full squad.
Coaches generally prefer not to flirt with form and players generally want to play.

I think if any player is carrying even a slight niggle they will be rested, but fully fit players wouldn't be rested just to avoid injury.

Coaches generally prefer not to flirt with form and players generally want to play.

I think if any player is carrying even a slight niggle they will be rested, but fully fit players wouldn't be rested just to avoid injury.
Sauce would be one even if he hates being rested. ROB being out for the last 6 weeks hasn't helped.

Sauce was getting in game rests, its just for the last two games he had to play against top line ruckmen, so he hasn't had much of a rest. The next two weeks he could get a bit more of a rest and jenkins will take the ruck for four five minute stints. If against Syd we are struggling, he might have to do a bit more work.

There are pesimistic posts,. then there is this... One of all time worst calls.

If we ignore the Trolls on our Board (and there are plenty), the problem with the Crows fans who seem to relish in our failures is that they suck the joy from what will arguably be our best Minor Round in history. In a very closely fought season when bottom teams regularly beat top 4 teams, we have been the most consistent team by a fair margin. We have had one of the more difficult fixtures and we are currently top with by far the best percentage. If you can't enjoy this season then microwave your membership.

We are far from certain to win the flag but our improvement over the last three years has been remarkable despite all the set backs.

My advice is for the Tools is to STFU, sit back, relax and enjoy the ride.

Why should your subjective enjoyment dictate anyone else's behaviour?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't be miffed at arguing about positive and negative anymore. Just want to say this season has several ups and downs, but so far it's a season I'd gladly do all over again for any future year's Minor rounds!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back