Williamstown vs Northern Blues (Saturday 11th August, Burbank Oval at 2:00 PM)

Remove this Banner Ad

Testekill

Don't look at me like that
Dec 3, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Bulldogs, Williamstown
Well that was unexpected. Who would have thought that we could have beaten Port Melbourne in similar conditions to what was faced in the crushing loss earlier this season. Of course, the bye had to fall immediately afterwards and prevent the mighty Seagulls from gaining any momentum. What, I'm trying to say is that the bye sucks and then we move on to the next game. This round the Seagulls clash with the 10th placed Northern Blues who are no chance of making the finals sitting 4 games behind the 9th and 8th placed North Ballarat and Bendigo.

The last time the two teams played was in round 2 of this season where Williamstown blitzed the Blues in a 40 point turn around. Ayce Cordy kicked four this game and proved too much for Jamison to handle while Tom Campbell was in dominant form in the ruck. Djerrkura was best on ground in this match while Fletcher Roberts showed the Bulldogs his quality with a dominant display at CHB.

There isn't much to be said about the named Blues team with Bower at CHB and Thornton at CHF who are both painfully average players at best. On the named Seagulls side it's tough to say who will actually be out of the team. Jong is fairly likely to make his debut this round while Roberts, Djerrkura, Skinner, Grant, Hooper and Jones have all been named for this weekends match. From the bench, I would bet that Wood, Veszpremi, Greenwood, Hill and Cravino are all likely to play while Nastasi will be the 23rd man.

Hill and Panos will both want big games if they are to crack the senior team. I doubt that either will be delisted at the end of the year but it's better to get a look at them to see how they perform at AFL level. Greenwood will of course be lonely about being the only rookie that is fit to play that hasn't been elevated yet although its unlikely that he'll get his chance this year. He can of course put on a strong effort in the finals, that was essentially how Panos earned his spot on the senior list.

Williamstown

B Sing Roberts McCallum
HB Jong Markovic Witkowski
C Moles Carr Wall
HF Skinner L. Jones Djerrkura
F Hooper Panos Grant
R Cordy Goodes Jolley
Int Charleston Greenwood Georgiadis
Nastasi* Conway McHarg
Wood Veszpremi Hill
Woods Cravino

So that's all then. Sorry about it being late and all that but whatevs. Best of luck to Jong this weekend and here's hoping that the Seagulls and Bulldogs both walk out with a win each.

This is why we should have our own team, it will allow our social media department to create a online radio of the game or maybe coverage online and not having to rely on twitter.

Does anybody know which emergencies are missing today's game? Hooper, Roberts, Panos..

I only know that Roberts is not playing, I can tell you if the other two are playing or not

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Williamstown 2.3 5.7 5.7 9.12 (66)
Northern Blues 2.1 2.3 5.5 6.6 (42)

GOALS:
Williamstown: Veszpremi 2 Jones Goodes Carr Conway Hill McCallum Cordy
Northern Blues: Ellard 3 Lucas 2 Wilson

BEST:
Williamstown: Cordy Wood Jolley Wall Goodes Veszpremi
Northern Blues: Ellard Duigan Russell Bower Meese Lambert

Looks like Wood is coming back nicely and Veszpremi played as a forward.

Williamstown 2.3 5.7 5.7 9.12 (66)
Northern Blues 2.1 2.3 5.5 6.6 (42)

GOALS:
Williamstown: Veszpremi 2 Jones Goodes Carr Conway Hill McCallum Cordy
Northern Blues: Ellard 3 Lucas 2 Wilson

BEST:
Williamstown: Cordy Wood Jolley Wall Goodes Veszpremi
Northern Blues: Ellard Duigan Russell Bower Meese Lambert

Looks like Wood is coming back nicely and Veszpremi played as a forward.

No surprise that Vez plays in the position he is most suited to and kicks some goals. Good to see Cordy as BOG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back