AFL Toast Win Against Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Merrett just such a classy player and Captain.

Duursma played a fantastic game, up and back.

Marto got 44 touches. About 20 of those were quality and I reckon in the second half there were a few glimmers of what his incisive kicks can do from back there.
Yeah, most were not good.

Jones had his best game, Duursma's effort and hustle defensively was excellent and the midfield stepped up when it mattered.

McGrath quietly having a really strong start to the year, his ball use at times today was fantastic. We were saved by StKilda missing some sitters and keeping us in it, but took guts to come back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jones’s career written off a week ago then goes on to play his best ever game
the saints defenders gave him room to run and jump rather than applying body pressure. Not sure if this is a result of our strategy or the saints error. If he gets space he could be dangerous

Regardless of what the Saints were doing that last 10 minutes before half time was the best I’ve seen us play in years. Second half I have never seen a Ross Lyon coached team put under pressure so much in my memory especially from us. We all know our weaknesses but this extra pressure that we have put around the ball is super noticeable. It has Brads Scott’s DNA all over it as a player. Even though we were trailing for most of the game I felt like the game was played on our terms.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back