Media Wonders robbed in match against Roys FFC

Remove this Banner Ad

The West Coast Wonders players have today been left baffled at the decision of the sim to not allow OutofTownCrow's last second goal to be counted in their round 16 clash against the Roys at Brunswick Junction.

In a see-sawing affair the Wonders and Roys played out a blinder before the final minute was filled with controversy. With a minute left on the clock SSwans2011 had the chance to win the Wonders the game but was wayward with his shot which registered a minor score to the tally. Check out the scores in the quote below.

4 : 23.08 {rW} - A wayward kick from SSwans2011. A minor score.
Roys FFC : 16.12.108
West Coast Wonders : 17.4.106

The Roys had the ball from the full back line to have it kicked and marked by SarahSmiles. He in turn handballed it to Elton Johns Wig who took a bounce before giving off to D_P_S. The ball is bouncing around the half forward line for the Wonders before Azarole was pinged with deliberate out of bounds inside the Wonders forward line.

Comment the man, OutofTownCrow took the onus on himself to kick the Wonders into a minor premiership. OOTC lived his boyhood dream of kicking a goal after the siren for the Wonders but as fast as he could celebrate, the goal was never counted despite the goal going through the big sticks

4 : 23.16 {FB} - The ball is now with Mobbenfuhrer.
4 : 23.21 {rHBF} - He doesn't waste any time in getting boot to ball.
4 : 23.25 {rHBF} - That's poor kicking and the mark is swallowed up by SarahSmiles. 4 : 23.28 {lHFF} - The ball is now with SarahSmiles.
4 : 23.32 {lHFF} - No-look handpass to Elton Johns Wig.
4 : 23.37 {lHFF} - Elton Johns Wig bounces the ball.
4 : 23.41 {rHFF} - Sees D_P_S out of the corner of his eye.
4 : 23.45 {rHFF} - royboy2 claims the mark but its play on.
4 : 23.49 {rHFF} - D_P_S dances around royboy2.
4 : 23.53 {rHFF} - A long looping handpass to NickCC.
4 : 23.57 {rHFF} - NickCC has a bounce.
4 : 24.01 {CHF} - A quick handpass to BallaratBulldog.
4 : 24.06 {lHFF} - He tries to find SarahSmiles with a chip pass.
4 : 24.1 {lHFF} - Top mark - not paid.
4 : 24.14 {lHFF} - SarahSmiles takes them on.
4 : 24.18 - <<< A Bit High is coming on to replace Barrels >>>
4 : 24.27 {lHFF} - SarahSmiles with a little space.
4 : 24.3 {rFP} - Boots the ball toward OutofTownCrow.
4 : 24.34 {rFP} - The ball spills free.
4 : 24.38 {lBP} - Azarole does some crumbing and is away.
4 : 24.43 {lBP} - Azarole can't pull the wool over the umpire's eyes that was deliberate.
4 : 24.47 {rFP} - OutofTownCrow has it. What can he do with it?.
4 : 24.51 {rFP} - This should be a goal to OutofTownCrow.
4 : 24.55 {rFP} - I think he's snuck it in. Full points.
=====================================
SIREN SOUNDS FOR THE END OF QUARTER 4
Roys FFC : 16.12.108
West Coast Wonders : 17.4.106

Match Over!

With the goal to OOTC, the final score should be showing.

Roys FFC: 16.12.108
West Coast Wonders: 18.4.112

The Wonders are officially challenging the score review system and the league admin Cloud_ to allow the goal and have the Wonders take their rightful place as minor premiers in our milestone season.

SCORE REVIEW... UMPIRES GOAL WAS A GOAL....

3925950-3x4-340x453.jpg

After an extensive conversation with the umpires department I have come to the conclusion that the umpire’s call was correct and the goal does not count.

I have been informed that the umpire had indeed heard the siren sound and blown his whistle before the ball was kicked and ended the game. But due to the game being a top of the table clash in a packed stadium the volume of the crowd meant the commentators did not hear the siren or whistle and kept on commentating as if the goal had counted.

Hence, the ruling is the umpires call will stand.

After an extensive conversation with the umpires department I have come to the conclusion that the umpire’s call was correct and the goal does not count.

I have been informed that the umpire had indeed heard the siren sound and blown his whistle before the ball was kicked and ended the game. But due to the game being a top of the table clash in a packed stadium the volume of the crowd meant the commentators did not hear the siren or whistle and kept on commentating as if the goal had counted.

Siren-gate all over again.

and what was the end result of this?
From memory the goal was recorded with the first line of code for the next quarter.
The fact it was the last line of the game is just bad luck this time.

Dingster Matera92 Ant Bear didn’t Jez kick a similar goal in the S22 GF
No, that was when iBeng was stuffing around with the ball running in eternally-decreasing circles for the last 2 minutes :huh:

But you're right, it has happened before IIRC and the score didn't count

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From memory the goal was recorded with the first line of code for the next quarter.
The fact it was the last line of the game is just bad luck this time.
Yup. That's the key difference in how the sim works. It constantly through a season does that.

Wonders were just unlucky. Though it's a new ball game in finals! Top guarantees nothing in qooty.

Booooooooo

Minor premierships mean nothing - suck it up, and let's move on to next week. Besides, the Wonders play the Roys again next week, so it's a chance for revenge, and surely a qualifying final is far more important than a minor round game.

We see this occasionally:
And the commentary ceases. The assumption is that something, anything, happened to cause the shot at goal to not register a score.

But this ... this is much more rare:
4 : 24.55 {rFP} - I think he's snuck it in. Full points.
This should have resulted in an addendum to the commentary with an updated scoreline. On those occasions, I would always count it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back