Roast Worst Geelong loss you have experienced as a fan

Worst Cats loss you have experienced as a fan?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

There are the ones that hurt and there are the ones that make you disgusted. 08 hurt the most. Tonight's game made me disgusted, tied with the 2012 EF and last years Prelim.

Apart from the nightmare Granny of 08'. The 2005 prelim loss cut me the deepest, that loss hurt, that loss f*cking sucked!

That prelim loss of 2013 kept me kickin & screaming of a night time also.

kick starting the three-peat in 2013 has to be more painful than tonight no?

Most painful part of that era for me was how weak the grand finals were. I couldn't believe we couldn't get past a side like Freo all those seasons, and to watch those grand finals felt like if we didn't choke those matches, we could've easily defeated those teams. Felt like a blown chance everytime.

Most painful part of that era for me was how weak the grand finals were. I couldn't believe we couldn't get past a side like Freo all those seasons, and to watch those grand finals felt like if we didn't choke those matches, we could've easily defeated those teams. Felt like a blown chance everytime.
Funny the Hawks fans get hurt over this, but honestly If Geelong of 07-11 had to play teams the level of Syd/Fre/WCE from 2013 to 2015 we would have won 3 straight too.
Some even think that Hawks team would have smashed St Kilda of 09 and Collingwood of 11. Fact is their 3 peat was during a very weak era and credit to them for capitalising on it.

Funny the Hawks fans get hurt over this, but honestly If Geelong of 07-11 had to play teams the level of Syd/Fre/WCE from 2013 to 2015 we would have won 3 straight too.
Some even think that Hawks team would have smashed St Kilda of 09 and Collingwood of 11. Fact is their 3 peat was during a very weak era and credit to them for capitalising on it.

I believe saints would've won 3 too. It was a wonderful time to be alive for the Hawks.

05 cut deep, as did 2008 GF and 2013 PF.

2010 was meh, 2012 was laughable. 2014 was laughable as well.

Last years PF loss to Sydney was a real low point, but tonight, tonight we went to another level.

Our final against the tigers tonight goes down as the 2nd worst defeat I've seen us in. Didn't think we had this in us but guess I was wrong, hard to feel any sort of excitement and confidence about finals series anymore.

Lol... lets get some facts straight...
2012 - Elimination final lost at home to Fremantle...
2013 - We knocked you out (13 Prelim was that years Grand Final, whoever won that was clearly going to win the premiership, this is the only one id consider a "blown chance")
2014 - We beat you in qualifying and you straight setted
2015 - You didn't even make finals

Blown chance every time? hardly... talk about exaggeration

Sydney losing 2014 and 2016 grand finals... thats called blowing chances.

Sydney 14 was an incredible team and the West Coast 15 team was fairly strong too, granted Fremantle 13 was a fairly weak team but you still have to win it. History will always show you couldn't defend 1 premiership whereas Hawthorn went b2b2b, I'm not being rude thats just fact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol... lets get some facts straight...
2012 - Elimination final lost at home to Fremantle...
2013 - We knocked you out (13 Prelim was that years Grand Final, whoever won that was clearly going to win the premiership, this is the only one id consider a "blown chance")
2014 - We beat you in qualifying and you straight setted
2015 - You didn't even make finals

Blown chance every time? hardly... talk about exaggeration

Sydney losing 2014 and 2016 grand finals... thats called blowing chances.

Of course they were blown chances. If the coach managed to not choke come finals then I doubt we wouldve lost. It's a blown chance because not a single season under his tenure have we brought it come finals.

You're very lucky he's a finals choke artist and has been unable to figure out why for the last 5 seasons.

Of course they were blown chances. If the coach managed to not choke come finals then I doubt we wouldve lost. It's a blown chance because not a single season under his tenure have we brought the game intensity and hunger of our season into finals.

Well if you consider years like 2015 a blown chance then every single year is a blown chance for majority of clubs...

Tbh I dont think Scott is that good a coach anyway.
That 2011 flag was won on the back end of the Bomber Thompson era and that team practically coached themselves.
You guys will bounce back next week, your still in the finals, plenty to play out.

89 GF was tough as a young kid seeing Cats get so close but so far.

What I didnt realise was what was coming.

After getting over the 90's... the 07-11 period built up such joy.

Then 08 put 89 into perspective.

08 is by far the worst.

Last night is top 3.

2013 Prelim loss to Hawks is #2

And I can tell you this.

After being awake for 24 hours, watching that s**t get served up last night, getting 2 hours sleep and being back at work for another 12 hour day, this is 100% the worst Ive felt doing this stupidity for this footy club in a long long long time.

GAULING.

GO Catters

After being awake for 24 hours, watching that s**t get served up last night, getting 2 hours sleep and being back at work for another 12 hour day, this is 100% the worst Ive felt doing this stupidity for this footy club in a long long long time.

GAULING.

GO Catters

Fair play to you, must be horrible. I didn't think we threw in the towel against sydney last year; we had ths best team we could have selected, but they were just much better than us. last night, though, was a pure example of s**t selection, unimaginative game day strategy, and finally, rolling over.

Chappy last night on K Rock after that game spoke the truth.

2006 vs West Coast. Losing after being 9 goals up in the 3rd quarter on your home deck is unbelievable. Still can't believe some muppets in the Brownlow Stand clapped the players off after that game.

I wasn't at the 08 gf, so not picking that.

2010 preliminary was painful at the time but i do remember after halftime almost laughing and deciding to sit back, watch the Pies at their best and "enjoy" watching the match in front of me rather than continue to be pissed off

Lmao so did we!!! Was there with a bunch of bfers.. remember the junk goals we got we like cheered and clapped carrying on like crazy.. haha

Back