Society/Culture Would Pro-Abortionists be ok with this method?

Remove this Banner Ad

A simple 'no' would have been sufficient.
We still seem to be polarising the thread a bit by opting to see only the extremities of argument:
Over-generalisations of the order of...
"All dogs have tails! A cat has a tail; therefore a cat is a dog!"
Doesn't advance the issue at all.

The initial post is loaded with complex moral, ethical, philosophical and faith issues in those few lines and I would venture to suggest that most of us vacillate somewhere between the extremities of the arguments presented. We have qualified opinions on them.
I am againstabortion - BUT (and now for the qualifications) in many circumstances it is the lesser of two evils, sometimes it is unavoidable, and rarely it is even a necessity. Neither do I agree with it as a form of contraception.
Now, a simplification from an extreme conservative point of view may follow: "that if I accept abortion under some circumstances, I am for abortion; And therefore for the killing of children and the violation of ....."
Extreme liberals may argue: "that I am imposing my values on others, am violating individual choice and that I am a mugwump of the first order, and insensitive male chauvinist with no idea how a woman ......"
I am as much against abortion (particularly as a first point of birth control) as I am against two other ethical dilemmas: capital punishment and war.
These beliefs are not directly or overtly influenced by an external religious doctrine, but mostly arise from within my own values paradigm. Admittedly, that framework was formed from an Anglo concept of the Judao-Christian ethos, but I still think most people fall somewhere nearer a moderate category like that.
I also think that is where most of the protagonists in this thread reside, despite the text of their posts. Maybe they have risen more to the contest than the context.

Good, I'm glad you've made clear that "small proportion" was only your opinion.
If it was anything but my opinion then I would have posted a link with statistics backing it up.
Talking about opinions, presumsions and myopathy. You do a damn fine job of it in the following...

Did you base your small proportion hypothesis on these few ladies?
No I based it on common sense and, yes, personal experience.

Those that chose abortion may or may not be clear thinking, especially given the emotional turmoil you say that they're going through with such a decision.
Initially they were not thinking clearly. Hence their decision to seek advice from friends, family and medical professionals.
Once they were CLEAR in their mind they made an informed and mature decision.

The same people are not respectful of life, considering that their wish is to terminate it.
In your, and your ilks eyes only.
Are you judging people who you know nothing about?
Doesn't that go against one of the core principles of your belief?
These same people again are caring for themselves, not that of their unborn child. Selfish is the word that comes to mind when I think of those that put themselves before, in this case, their unborn child.

Is that right? And you are certain of this exactly how?
Your not making assumptions and judgements again are you?
Maybe their personal circumstances were so bad at that time that bringing a child into the world would have been the worst thing possible.
Let me give you an example of one of these ladies who is a close friend of my wifes.
She already had 5 kids and she was not yet 30.
Her husband was a militant Catholic who railed against ANY form of contraception and relied on the prepostorously ridiculous "rythym method. Hence all the kids.
She secretly got the pill prescription. He found out and went absolutely apeshit.
She fell pregnant again.
She was already at the end of her tether and another new born would have broken her without doubt. She confided in my wife who gave her every support in whatever decision she made.
This woman struggled harder with this decision than any other person that I know.
She decided to abort, and I am damn proud to have driven her to the clinic and kept your baying wolves away from her.

You have a talent for assumptions, considering that you assumed the "small proportion" thing, and now you assume that I'd do something that I wouldn't. Reason being is that I don't get involved in politics, I'm politically neutral. So I wouldn't impose anything of the sort on anyone.
By being so deeply involved with and convinced of your faith you are already a political animal.
After all, what are you doing in this thread exactly?:rolleyes:
You are trying to impose your beliefs on me and anyone else who reads your tripe.
I'll leave the bad luck to those who believe in it, as I don't believe in superstitions. It's unscriptural.

hahahahahahahahahaha:D:rolleyes:
Quote of the week!:thumbsu:

The same people are not respectful of life, considering that their wish is to terminate it.
Tesseract, my experience with many who advocate a similarly hard line re: abortion, is that they frequently support capital punishment and 'righteous' wars with the same frenetic passion. There appears to be little compromise.
A little apologetically, I am inquiring as to your thoughts on these two related issues, because I feel that abortion needs to be examined within the wider concept of 'respect for life'. I say apologetically, because I am not trying to ambush you. I simply need to reconcile these/my generalisations from the aspect of a contrary opinion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back