Society/Culture Would Pro-Abortionists be ok with this method?

Remove this Banner Ad

KevinCat07

Club Legend
Suspended
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/75707/pregnant_woman_who_shot_herself_in.html?cat=17

It's an old story but it got me thinking, seeing as Pro-Choice/Pro-Abortionists are ok with Abortion up untill about 24 weeks, would they actually be fine with somebody shooting themselves to kill their "fetus" if it were before the 24 weeks instead of the usual methods?

I mean, what difference would it make to you, whether the baby is being scrapped, burnt, or shot? Because it isn't a baby to you is it?

If a mother did what the above did because she didn't want it and didn't care about her own safety. She elects to cap the baby instead, are you ok with that?

I don't believe a crime as been committed here, for the same reasons suicide is not a crime (or shouldn't be where it is).

Someone feeling inclined to do this should seek help from a medical professional for their obvious mental issues.

I don't recommend shooting yourself as a pregnancy termination method as it is crude and likely to result in permanent injury or death and might not actually terminate the pregnancy anyway but just result in a ********* child instead.

Interesting thread Kev - because as someone who advocates the recriminalisation of abortion, that's the exact kind of method you're in favor of forcing women in need of a termination to undertake.

I'd personally prefer women to be in as safe an environment as possible. Crazy no?

You catholics and your mysoginism.

• Banned
Interesting thread Kev - because as someone who advocates the recriminalisation of abortion, that's the exact kind of method you're in favor of forcing women in need of a termination to undertake.

I'd personally prefer women to be in as safe an environment as possible. Crazy no?

Not at all. Not many women would shoot themselves in the womb I am sure.

I am just interested if these people have different views on the matter in light of the method used as what they might see as criminal/murder.

Not OK. She could have made an appointment and had it done is a safe environment with this scenario she:

- Will obviously require emergency medical attention. This would potentially take vital emergency resources unnecessecarily.
- Would probably pass out leaving a handgun just sitting next to her - anyone could find that.

Having an abortion isn't criminal - discharging a firearm in a public place is though.

Not OK. She could have made an appointment and had it done is a safe environment with this scenario she:

- Will obviously require emergency medical attention. This would potentially take vital emergency resources unnecessecarily.
- Would probably pass out leaving a handgun just sitting next to her - anyone could find that.

Having an abortion isn't criminal - discharging a firearm in a public place is though.

Yes, I know that, but I was curious as to whether they find it more offensive or grissly and therefore against such a method towards the baby, regardless of any other circumstances, because other than the legal stuff and the mother's injuries, it al bears the same result, the death of the baby. And as such they would be a bit hypocritical.

KC why did God not help her when she herself told him that her "mind was not right"???

Wait, someone remind me why I'm feeding this troll?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL, who the hell is "pro" abortion? :confused: :rolleyes:

Well someone must be, or the abortion issue wouldn't be an issue at all :p Takes two sides to create an argument and all that.

As for the specific topic, wouldn't some sort of "accidental" fall be easier/safer/more legal to ochestrate and carry out than shooting yourself?

Well someone must be, or the abortion issue wouldn't be an issue at all :p Takes two sides to create an argument and all that.

Being pro choice doesn't make you pro abortion. Bill Hicks is about the only person I've ever heard of who is actively pro abortion.

Actually you need to some research on this topic, "the backyard abortion doctor" is a bit of a myth , there will always be doctors who will perform abortions regardless of its legal status. In 1969 the last year of illegal abortion in Australia only one women died from abortion, and yes, she died in an illegal op in a hospital. If you don't believe the numbers you can rack through the ABS on the stats for women dying in this period. Candice Crandall from "Women's Quartley" says "In fact, it wasn't Roe v Wade (the US Supreme Court ruling in 1973 to legalise abortion) that made abortion safe: it was the availability of antibiotics beginning in the 1940s."

The legal status of abortion does not have a correlation with the safety of the procedure, you can say it does. But then you are denying an objective reality.

I know us Catholics are horrible people, all we want is to protect human life in all its forms, all we want to do is afford a bit of dignity to the most innocent of human beings. Shame on us, yet you use a claim of sexism to justify yourself, that is cowardly bigot.

To me it does.

If I asked you or Lance are you ok with Abortions would you say yes?

personally, I would advise my partner to have the baby. But that's probably due to my stage of life & relative security; plus I want kids.

But if she absolutely had to have an abortion, then I'd respect her choice & support her

Did she want help? Did she decide to get help though? Even though she talked to God she went through with it.
She went through with it because she was mentally unstable and depressed, and of coarse she wanted help why else would she be talking to an imaginary frie... God? Just to have a nice little chat while she was in the middle of contractions?

Where was the divine intervention to stop this Kev? Why didn't God just jam the gun or something? Did he want the baby to die?

it al bears the same result, the death of the baby. And as such they would be a bit hypocritical.

Have you ever heard a pro-choice person support abortion after the birth process had started?

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/75707/pregnant_woman_who_shot_herself_in.html?cat=17

It's an old story but it got me thinking, seeing as Pro-Choice/Pro-Abortionists are ok with Abortion up untill about 24 weeks, would they actually be fine with somebody shooting themselves to kill their "fetus" if it were before the 24 weeks instead of the usual methods?

I mean, what difference would it make to you, whether the baby is being scrapped, burnt, or shot? Because it isn't a baby to you is it?

If a mother did what the above did because she didn't want it and didn't care about her own safety. She elects to cap the baby instead, are you ok with that?

Funnily enough killing yourself rather than give birth was not that uncommon before abortions were decriminalised. Many women opted for death rather than face the public humiliation of child birth out of wedlock from the pompous, self rightious arbiters of moral propriety in the churchyards the world over.
How hypocritical now that they can now claim to be protectors.
I guess the one thing you an always be sure of with the religious zealot is their belief in their "god given" right to interfere in the lives of others.

The only time I could see the example given as being slightly acceptable would be if it were their mother doing the shooting.

This women is clearly unstable and no sane person would encourage what she did.

Yes, I know that, but I was curious as to whether they find it more offensive or grissly and therefore against such a method towards the baby, regardless of any other circumstances, because other than the legal stuff and the mother's injuries, it al bears the same result, the death of the baby. And as such they would be a bit hypocritical.

Other than the legal stuff and the mother's injuries.:rolleyes:

Why do you value an embrio as equal to a human that's been born? Do you rate sperm and eggs as equal to a feotus or human? If not then why?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back