WRFL Division 1 - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
well the ex 18's coach(who didnt want the job) should shut his trap when his on the piss.......

not doubting his credability not potting him just putting what interesting things i hear around the traps in the open.........

thanks for your responce......do you live with him???? sounds like it:confused:

No chance mate we just bang junk and keep each other warm at night. You should try it. Any port in a storm pal xoxo

Here is the Weekly's preview of today's round of matches in the Western Region Football League division 1 and 2.

Click on the link to get in the mood for a big round of matches.

http://www.maribyrnongweekly.com.au...-st-albans-on-thanks-ump-weekend/2163055.aspx
quote from your link
The Saints were terrible last week on the road at Spotswood and need to claim a big scalp to be considered a genuine title contender.

great reporting and research seeing as spotswood played at st.albans last week.

quote from your link
The Saints were terrible last week on the road at Spotswood and need to claim a big scalp to be considered a genuine title contender.

great reporting and research seeing as spotswood played at st.albans last week.

Thanks for pointing out the mistake mate.

A bad oversight on my behalf.

I will make sure the change is made to the article now.

Cheers and have a great day at the footy

Filo i must ask. Is it true that even with the predicted rain all week, the council still went ahead and air rated your ground?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ors-invade-field/story-fn53kl7r-1226056292559

Just the bullshit the league dont need. Supporters should never get involved in a on-field incident, leave it to the players to sort it out. These so-called supporters should be ashamed of themselves and should serve a warning to all supporters that this type of anti-social behaviour is not tolerated at any club AT ALL.

There are very good people who run all local clubs and dont deserve any bad publicity that comes their way. Its all good that we go down to our local clubs and enjoy a few drinks but dont do anything stupid as such as what happened on Saturday.

We all need to work hard and eliminate anti-social behaviour within our clubs and not bring the WRFL and our clubs into disrepute.

Thats all I have to say!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ors-invade-field/story-fn53kl7r-1226056292559

Just the bullshit the league dont need. Supporters should never get involved in a on-field incident, leave it to the players to sort it out. These so-called supporters should be ashamed of themselves and should serve a warning to all supporters that this type of anti-social behaviour is not tolerated at any club AT ALL.

There are very good people who run all local clubs and dont deserve any bad publicity that comes their way. Its all good that we go down to our local clubs and enjoy a few drinks but dont do anything stupid as such as what happened on Saturday.

We all need to work hard and eliminate anti-social behaviour within our clubs and not bring the WRFL and our clubs into disrepute.

Thats all I have to say!

Im tipping you werent even there. i was and im sure both clubs St Albans and Albion would agree it was a huge over reaction! the spectators who went out there was a parent actaully trying to stop it becuase the umpires had no control. (No excuse for a spectator to be on ground i agree) but the whole situation was created but the Umpires director who was sitting in albions rooms watching, deciding to make a minor situation a huge one and depriving alot of youngsters the chance to finish the game.. and a good game it was to that point!
Probably the WRFL who leaked it to the media anyway!
Again i agree there is no room for spectators on the ground but this was a situation that could have been avoided quite easy! No one was hit or hurt, you see plenty worse each week at local footy!

Filo i must ask. Is it true that even with the predicted rain all week, the council still went ahead and air rated your ground?

Club.
I'm assuming you mean Spotswood's ground? If that's the case, I don't know as I can't get to games that often these days. Wouldn't surprise me though.

Im tipping you werent even there. i was and im sure both clubs St Albans and Albion would agree it was a huge over reaction! the spectators who went out there was a parent actaully trying to stop it becuase the umpires had no control. (No excuse for a spectator to be on ground i agree) but the whole situation was created but the Umpires director who was sitting in albions rooms watching, deciding to make a minor situation a huge one and depriving alot of youngsters the chance to finish the game.. and a good game it was to that point!
Probably the WRFL who leaked it to the media anyway!
Again i agree there is no room for spectators on the ground but this was a situation that could have been avoided quite easy! No one was hit or hurt, you see plenty worse each week at local footy!

There may be a blanket rule that states that should any spectator enter the field and becomes involved in an incident (trying to stop it or not) the game has to be called off in the interest of player safety. Just throwing it out there.

hardnrg05; Actually the father of his two best players

Mate - serious get a life, perhaps help your own club by doing something pro-active, maybe get a hot water service that works:D

Your facts are actually wrong:thumbsu:

Any truth to the rumour that a star recruit at Sunshine could be gone for the year, out injured again.

Noticed he wasn't out there on Sat against Spotty.

Gentlemen,
Do not forget the tyranny of demographics as well as the impact of Private schools. Yes there are Primary schools in the area, however the only Secondary college was Albert Park High which was closed down due to lack of numbers and has only recently been reopened. So where are all the kids receiving their education? Private system. They have their own rules with respect to playing footy for the school. The other issue which Aussie Rules needs to address is the growing influence of soccer. The administrators of soccer have been the best allie for Aussie Rules as they have been incompetent and only concerned about feathering their own nests. They are now starting to get their act together and the sport will continue to grow especially in the West. In fact in 10 years I suspect the Western footy League will be a merged entity with the Essendon or some other league. The AFL is spending millions to get a foothold in markets that support Rugby, but they are ignoring their own back yard. If you don't want the Colts in your league rest assured the Southern League will take them back in a heart beat. It will only further weaken what is a deteriorating competition.

Growing up in Port, you had St Joeys, Nott St Primary and Graham St Primary all feeding the juniors (now there is one school) and then there was Albert Park High, St Joeys Tech and South Tech, CBC St Kilda - though alot of them played for Districts. Some of the kids I played jnr footy with came from all over the place to play for the Colts, not just Port kids. God damn the Under 11s had As, Bs and Cs!!!

s**t I just realised how I old I am!! I used to watch my brothers play for the Colts in the South East Suburban league...and enjoyed every minute of it. :D

Anyway....Port has changed.

The Port kids moved out to get away from their parents, and now most of them can never afford to return. The yups are well in place here and the dinks are having kids. Their kids go to private schools, and play footy for them.

I'll go back to lurking - carry on!!

He kicked 4 yesterday against quality opposition? But could have kicked a lot more, kicking was off quite a bit. Hasn't he had more clubs than most that have had home cooked dinners?

He turned up at training and told them he was their new full-forward. They laughed, threw him the ball, and he kicked 19 out of 20 shots. They went ok and gave him a game, he sprayed it all over the place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Growing up in Port, you had St Joeys, Nott St Primary and Graham St Primary all feeding the juniors (now there is one school) and then there was Albert Park High, St Joeys Tech and South Tech, CBC St Kilda - though alot of them played for Districts. Some of the kids I played jnr footy with came from all over the place to play for the Colts, not just Port kids. God damn the Under 11s had As, Bs and Cs!!!

s**t I just realised how I old I am!! I used to watch my brothers play for the Colts in the South East Suburban league...and enjoyed every minute of it. :D

Anyway....Port has changed.

The Port kids moved out to get away from their parents, and now most of them can never afford to return. The yups are well in place here and the dinks are having kids. Their kids go to private schools, and play footy for them.

I'll go back to lurking - carry on!!

Can remember Port and South having their own under 12 or under 13 comp , Fishermens Bend, Graham St, Nott St , Port YMCA , Emerald Hill and South Police Boys with matches played on a Sat morning.:thumbsu:

There may be a blanket rule that states that should any spectator enter the field and becomes involved in an incident (trying to stop it or not) the game has to be called off in the interest of player safety. Just throwing it out there.

correct. as soon as a spectator enters the arena the match is to be called off

Can remember Port and South having their own under 12 or under 13 comp , Fishermens Bend, Graham St, Nott St , Port YMCA , Emerald Hill and South Police Boys with matches played on a Sat morning.:thumbsu:

I think that was way before my time! :thumbsu:

On Fridays, you played for your Primary school - for me that was St Joeys Vs Our Lady Mt Carmel, St Peter and Pauls and St Marys (North Melbourne?)

Sundays was U/11s games against Prahan, Ajax, East Malvern, Park Towers (yes the housing commish) and our hated rivals South Districts.

correct. as soon as a spectator enters the arena the match is to be called off

So what if the half time siren (as i heard, could be wrong) has just sounded. That would creat some uncertanty i feel as supporters are allowed on the ground then.

So what if the half time siren (as i heard, could be wrong) has just sounded. That would creat some uncertanty i feel as supporters are allowed on the ground then.

when they are physically involved with players while umpires are on the field - no uncertainty there

when they are physically involved with players while umpires are on the field - no uncertainty there

NO one was involved physically with any players that i seen.
Only a concerned father whose son was on the bottom of the pack who was tring to get his son clear, he still had a hand on the railing as the scuffle was under a meter in from the boundry. There was no malice in his actions!
I know there is photographic evidence of a StAlbans spectator running on the field but didnt interfere with anyone.

Apparently the saints have sent footage of the incident to the WRFL, i would think there would be nothing at all incriminating on the video.

well could be a few games this weekend hopefully the weather plays its part.

my tips
spotty by 66 points over glenordan (heavy ground)
altona by 120 points over sunny heights
ports 2 prong forward line (daltera/casset) to strong for hoppers 45 points
stalbans 24 points over an impressive nth footscray
albion 42 points over sunshine

have a good day

Tocka is shattered you have let his secret out and is now having trouble sleeping. He's more shattered that you have got it so wrong on all accounts. So lets set the record straight. 5k? mate he gets that for hitting warm up balls during cricket season let alone playing the game.

Now it should read 43K for coaching the 18's and another 7K for coaching the under 12's an all expenses paid trip to any destination in the world for three weeks plus a third or fourth home in leafy Hawthorn..Don't hold me to that it could be more? He has a personal massuse while stands on the boundary and a personal stylist. Then in summer he goes and plays cricket and thats when the real coin kicks in. His new business venture is called "sit back and count the cash"

I know he doesn't get that coin and the bloke is a legend of the west and is coaching 2 sides at Sunshine and invests his own money into the club so dont try and stir the pot with Tocka thats the boys in the tent at Albions job.
Is Rusty Douglas still having a kick at Sunshine?

well could be a few games this weekend hopefully the weather plays its part.

my tips
spotty by 66 points over glenordan (heavy ground)
altona by 120 points over sunny heights
ports 2 prong forward line (daltera/casset) to strong for hoppers 45 points
stalbans 24 points over an impressive nth footscray
albion 42 points over sunshine

have a good day

Spotty by 200+ over Glenorden
Altona by 45 over Heights
Colts by 36 over Warriors
Saints by 52 over North
Albion by 21 over Sunshine
This game will be played with a lot of passion and could end up a lot closer and with a few reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back