WRFL Division 1 - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah will be welcomed back with open arms.:rolleyes:

I heard Lara re-appointed;) and he is as popular there as he was at Spotty:thumbsu: or as popoular as a certain player with the initials R.G. at the Albion f.c.:D

I heard Lara re-appointed;) and he is as popular there as he was at Spotty:thumbsu: or as popoular as a certain player with the initials R.G. at the Albion f.c.:D

welcome back TTR.. Yellow bellies hit rock bottom and we aint heard from you all year.. Before taking pot shots at albion and a certain RG, id be more worried about your own club - Paying the $$ and the best side your ones have beaten is Nth Footscray, your twos whilst in the 5 are shite, and your 18's kicked one goal last week! not to mention half your juniors are walking out!

Re-appointed one week, resigned the next. Apparently on the Thursday night they announced he had been reappointed some players walked out. Then resigned for personal reasons the week later!

Big story going around the sunshine area that mark "skeeta" schwartz after 350 games at ycw since under 10s maybe a chance to play his very first senior game this week against sunshine heights!!!!

Big story going around the sunshine area that mark "skeeta" schwartz after 350 games at ycw since under 10s maybe a chance to play his very first senior game this week against sunshine heights!!!!

getting picked on his stand out game against Albion a couple weeks ago

a few upsets yesterday?
Colts and Saints to play each other back to back, who will get the bragging rights for the home rooms and shorts for the final?

Can't believe altona got beat.. Shattered!

Can't believe it or just shattered, Think the colts showed you guys on your own turf that we are the real deal, now altona at altona.
Now doubt spotty and albion are the teams to beat, but colts will do some damage come finals time. Finally starting to get all our players on the park together, with still 3 or 4 to come back, winters, heffernan, bracken and pitchford. Looking forward to taking on the saints two weeks in a row, then hopefully taking our season on a few more weeks.

Well done on the 7 shan!

Congratulations are in order for Matt Caruana of the Sunshine Heights Footy Club, after announcing his retirement. Often the smallest player on the field, but even more often the toughest.Top player and top bloke. Glad to hear the boys were able to win yesterday for him.

Can't believe it or just shattered, Think the colts showed you guys on your own turf that we are the real deal, now altona at altona.
Now doubt spotty and albion are the teams to beat, but colts will do some damage come finals time. Finally starting to get all our players on the park together, with still 3 or 4 to come back, winters, heffernan, bracken and pitchford. Looking forward to taking on the saints two weeks in a row, then hopefully taking our season on a few more weeks.

Well done on the 7 shan!

Na not at all shocked you blokes rolled them that's for sure, just really downcast about the fact we won't get another crack at it this year..

Rock I think you blokes are the real darkhorse, don't know if you're at Spotswoods level but you are definetly the team that has improved the most!

Cheers on the 7, I suppose the ball just came my way because I sure as hell can't run these days, the body is screaming out for time off.

Cheers on the 7, I suppose the ball just came my way because I sure as hell can't run these days, the body is screaming out for time off.
And the fact you had a 16 year old kid playing on ya, too smart and too strong for him! ;) In all seriousness, it was a damn good effort tige, striking the ball brilliantly.

The competition is well and truly open, anyone seems capable of beating anyone on the day. Albion or Spotswood flag favourites?

And the fact you had a 16 year old kid playing on ya, too smart and too strong for him! ;) In all seriousness, it was a damn good effort tige, striking the ball brilliantly.

The competition is well and truly open, anyone seems capable of beating anyone on the day. Albion or Spotswood flag favourites?

To be fair to the young Jets kid he only played on me for 2 and half qtrs, he will be a very good footballer as he develops!

Spotty for me are favourites in saying that it seems Albion have there measure! If Hollywood Philpot dominates Albion probably win it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just want to give a whack to Wyn FM for a minute, seriously what is their obsession with covering Division 2 games? I don't know who picks what games they cover, but surely the media focus should be on the premier division of the competition. Does any other competition anywhere devote as much attention to the lesser level of footy?

I suppose they'll be at Werribee on Saturday, covering a Div 2 final...in fact with Albanvale playing they probably will be. They love the Cobras.

Just want to give a whack to Wyn FM for a minute, seriously what is their obsession with covering Division 2 games? I don't know who picks what games they cover, but surely the media focus should be on the premier division of the competition. Does any other competition anywhere devote as much attention to the lesser level of footy?

I suppose they'll be at Werribee on Saturday, covering a Div 2 final...in fact with Albanvale playing they probably will be. They love the Cobras.

are you mark stone?

The choice of games has nothing to do with WYN FM. There are various reasons for selecting games. We try to give all clubs exposure as they pay the fees which pays the radio station. Two Division One grounds are not available due to OH&S issues so that narrows it down. We try to give a broad coverage simple as that. Cheers Kevin Hillier

The choice of games has nothing to do with WYN FM. There are various reasons for selecting games. We try to give all clubs exposure as they pay the fees which pays the radio station. Two Division One grounds are not available due to OH&S issues so that narrows it down. We try to give a broad coverage simple as that. Cheers Kevin Hillier
Cheers for the reply.

Not a crack at the quality of the coverage because its top notch, and I tune in quite a bit. But hopefully you'll take the comment about game selection on board. It feels like there have been 2 and 3 weeks in a row with Div 2 games throughout the year and the same hasn't happened with Div 1 games.

Good Luck to the five teams that made the finals.

A bit of a review to get big footy finals going;

Spotswood v Altona

Summary: Spotswood's experience v Altona's youth and enthusiasm. This game should be played at a cracking pace and with the big ground will provide good viewing. Altona if there a realistic chance need there talls to get really mobile and I think there ruckman gives them a big advantage if they can capitalize on his stoppage work. Spotty again have seasoned campaigners in O'Keefe, Lewis, Morgan, Couch, Langlands and with Cloke certainly deserve favouritsm.

Key Players: Cloke (Spotty) if he fires I think Spotty win & Miles (Altona) he will enough footy but will need to hurt Spotty with his disposal and give his tall forwards every chance.

Tip - Spotty 23 points
------------------------
St Albans v Port Colts

Summary: Port Colts deserve full credit for getting there with the list problems they have incurred. St Albans got on a roll there for a bit where they were becoming genuine contenders. Both teams forward lines and midfields are evenly balanced in my opinion and St Albans playing finals last year will mean experience should not be the concern. With all at stake I'm a thinking some fireworks during this game:D

Key Players: Bonnet (Colts) no surprise as he is a gun and sets them up, plus is a big time finals player. Jenkins & Henneman (St Albans) Tim Jenkins work rate is phenomenal and he just lifts his team. If Henneman fires then this game will be all over by 3/4 time but he may be a little under done???

Tip - St Albans 3 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back