Science/Environment Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Pandemic Declared

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have evidence. Look at what Ned_Flanders said:

This proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that scientists from Wuhan's "Institute of Technology" just sat on their bums while Chinese citizens were massacred by COVID-19.

However, I will concede that there is no smoking gun (at least not yet, or maybe never) when it comes to Wuhan's "Institute of Technology" being the origin of COVID-19. However, the circumstantial evidence, however, is highly, highly disturbing. And, one fact remains i.e. that the "institute" was, FOR A FACT, conducting experiments/research into SARS-related viruses spread by bats. That is a fact! On that basis, it is not entirely implausible that COVID-19 did, in fact, originate from Wuhan's "Institute of Technology" due to negligence which is the institute where scientists, according to Ned_Flanders, just sat on their arses while Chinese citizens were being killed left, right and centre.

I don't think you're a lawyer by profession either (I am now curious what your profession is) because it can't be circumstantial evidence because you don't have that either.

I don't think you're a lawyer by profession either (I am now curious what your profession is) because it can't be circumstantial evidence because you don't have that either.

*Sigh* Another loser.

You are aware Wuhan was on lockdown till last week.

I don't think you can do viral research via Skype from your lounge room at home

Let's start with something simple. Were scientists/researches from Wuhan's "Institute of Technology" sitting on their bums in their "lounge room" doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING while Chinese citizens were being massacred by COVID-19? Yes or no?

Ned_Flanders has avoided this question out of embarrassment. Maybe you could answer it for him.

This twitter handle?

Seems to be African-American-centric. A few tweets are concerned at the rate of infection amongst Afro-American communities in particular. Nothing objectionable in my view, although my own personal jury is still out on this one;

Dunno what to make of that.
No.

EUyCAybXQAQVyou

Duldulao is an epidemiologist

EUyDM5OXsAENM70

Ricotta is an epidemiologist

EUyFNGlX0AAHngV

Ott is a virologist

Sekkidis is an infectious diseases microbiologist, and editor for The Lancet, which published this in early February:

Many of the travel restrictions being implemented during the COVID-19 outbreak are not supported by science or WHO. Travel restrictions for these kinds of viruses have been challenged by public health researchers, and WHO has advised against travel restrictions, arguing they cause more harm than good.​
Second, under Article 43.1 any additional health measures implemented by countries “shall not be more restrictive of international traffic and not more invasive or intrusive to persons than reasonably available alternatives”. In this case, even if travel restrictions did work, there are so many other more effective measures that countries can take to protect their citizens. WHO has issued COVID-19 technical guidance on several such measures, including risk communication, surveillance, patient management, and screening at ports of entry and exit.​

Third, and most importantly, Article 3.1 strictly requires all additional health measures to be implemented “with full respect for the dignity, human rights and fundamental freedoms of persons”, which in turn must reflect the international law principles of necessity, legitimacy, and proportionality that govern limitations to and derogations from rights and freedoms Under no circumstances should public health or foreign policy decisions be based on the racism and xenophobia that are now being directed at Chinese people and those of Asian descent.​

...​

But the IHR is the legally binding system for protecting people worldwide from the global spread of disease. With more than 2·5 billion people travelling between about 4000 airports every year, future outbreaks are inevitable. Responses that are anchored in fear, misinformation, racism, and xenophobia will not save us from outbreaks like COVID-19. Upholding the rule of international law is needed now more than ever. Countries can start by rolling back illegal travel restrictions that have already been implemented and by supporting WHO and each other in implementing the IHR.​

Quaint!

Glad all these people were focused on what's important.

Last edited:

I assume you are referring to antibodies?

Tough question.

My best intuitive guess is that isolated antibodies that are taken from a person who has successfully wiped out Covid19, and are then injected in to another infected subject, will only serve to knock out the amount of virus they interact with, and does not activate the subjects own adaptive immune response. Then of course a whole host of factors come in to play, such as the amount of antibodies required to wipe out the viral load, autoimmune responses, and the in vivo life span of the injected antibodies.

Also, the subject is not immune to repeat infections even if the injection managed to wipe out all of the virus, so as you can see this is highly impractical for the entire human race.
I see
Would someone in a critical condition be aided with a sufficient serum quantity to at least fight off the virus - thereby providing critical time for the patient to strengthen their immunity?

Am I barking up the wrong tree here?

*Sigh* Another loser.

Let's start with something simple. Were scientists/researches from Wuhan's "Institute of Technology" sitting on their bums in their "lounge room" doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING while Chinese citizens were being massacred by COVID-19? Yes or no?

Ned_Flanders has avoided this question out of embarrassment. Maybe you could answer it for him.

Your argument is simple.

How did the universe start or have a big bang? It must have been God. I don't have a smoking gun but prove me otherwise?

Your argument simple.

How did the universe start or have a big bang? It must have been God. I don't have a smoking gun but prove me otherwise?

Nice diversion. Simple question.

You are aware Wuhan was on lockdown till last week.

I don't think you can do viral research via Skype from your lounge room at home

Did scientists/researchers from Wuhan's "Institute of Virology" just sit on their arses in their "lounge room" while Chinese citizens were being massacred by COVID-19 left, right and centre. Yes or no?

And, by the way, you don't need to be a lawyer to label something as "circumstantial evidence", idiot! In fact, me saying that any evidence against Wuhan's "Institute of Virology" being circumstantial was actually being kind/generous to them. FMD, the level of imbecility on these forums is ****ing incredible.

Last edited:
Maybe you should stop using him as the foundation for your argument then... :drunk:

No one seems interested in taking the time to explain to you how you've misunderstood Ned_Flanders' point.

I understood his point perfectly. Why are you in here, anyway? Those "muh-Islam" threads not getting much traction in light of recent events?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some cartoons from the US to help you pass the lockdown. First the narcissist in chief. Makes me glad not to be an American.

Thanks to our healthcare workers who put themselves selflessly at risk

View attachment 852618
This one also reminds me why I am so glad I am not an American.
View attachment 852619

And we must never forget who made it

Politico has an interesting article looking at PRC disinformation - https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/04/04/china-fake-news-coronavirus-164652
I didn’t realise until a few days ago that we have community radio in Australia, catering purely for our domestic Chinese population, pumping out pro CCP propaganda

No, I'm not. To either.

Is that all you have to contribute to a COVID-19 thread? Having a go at me because I hurt your feelings some time ago, and agreeing with anyone who I have a beef with?
Who are you??

This thread overall has been a very good and interesting read.
You're spamming it with bullshit, and it's annoying.

Thanks. I'd also be interested to know how many in ICU in each state, and if those recovering are at home or in hospital. Not asking you as such, but I wonder if those stats are available anywhere.
No idea how accurate these are, however they seem to be updated regularly and give ICU info

That changed dramatically today. NSW and the other states who weren’t reporting recoveries must have finally released their numbers.

Looking at the deaths so far in Oz, 16 of them from what I can find are affiliated with cruise ships and 5 of them are from the same aged care home.
Yep we were at about 700-800 recoveries today, with only NSW and QLD not actively reporting their recovery numbers at the time.

I'm glad this has changed, so it gives us a better indication of how we're tracking as a country.

No idea how accurate these are, however they seem to be updated regularly

Good website you've linked.

Apparently the government will be releasing this infographic at 3pm daily from now on. Today was the first edition.

Our icu numbers went from 3 to 14 in one day because of Germans from the German cruise ship Artania and a few more Germans have joined them.WA has at least 60 Germans from the German cruise ship with no Australians on board that invited itself in in our number of infected and there are potentially 400 more quarantined on the ship so our numbers will keep growing because of the Germans and their crew of cheap Phillapinos and Indonesians who wont go away
Well let’s hope any Australians stuck in Europe are treated with the same decency

Who are you??

This thread overall has been a very good and interesting read.
You're spamming it with bullshit, and it's annoying.

Yeah, just a coincidence that your only contribution to this thread is in reply to my posts, isn't it?

However, in the interest of those others who may not appreciate my input, I will refrain from posting in this thread for an unspecified period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back