Covid-19 Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Part 5 - Get vaccinated.

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infec...d-19-vaccination-case-surveillance-051121.pdf

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference. The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:
There’s no doubt society is fractured, which is sad. Politics and arguments have crept into every thread in this forum, including the football threads. There are attempts to impose rigid narratives but a broad spectrum of responses ranging from complete compliance to vehement resistance has been revealed. This results in people being labelled “nut jobs” depending on how their opinions are interpreted. We love judging others as inferior to ourselves.

I got the vax as soon as I was eligible. I’m for mandates in certain workplaces but not in general. I’m anti mask except on PT, but people who want to wear them - sure, go ahead. They should be optional now. I think exposure sites and QR codes are waning in usefulness but I’m still checking in (mostly).

I barrack for the Bulldogs but have sympathy for Saints fans 😉

Go ahead, judge me.

See this is a perfectly reasonable set of positions to hold and I hold them too.

Making it worse though, at least in Victoria, is that the bloke who wants to impose the toughest mandates is the same bloke who has breached the trust of the electorate the most.

" Trust, or absence of it. "

What caused you to lose trust?

Where do I start?

Locally, I was broadly supportive of the efforts to prevent the spread until I saw what happened with the housing commission towers, which I thought was simply cruel. At around the same time, there was an exception made for a particular meatworks. Then came the inquiry farce. Then came the refusal to abide by a court order to release health advice. Then came the pandemic legislation. There's a heap more here I've missed.

Globally, let's just go with Fauci and the lab leak cover up.

Responses in italics.

Ok , i get it , you don't trust advise sourced from the government and medical experts.
Instead you choose other less credentialed people for your advice.

How do you ensure the food you eat in restaurant's doesn't contain dangerous bacteria?
How do you know that aeroplane is maintained, and that other aircraft won't crash into it?
How do you know your car will stop when you hit the brakes, and that the airbag will go off at the right time?
If a burglar is breaking into your house who do you call?

You trust the government on any number of things, but suddenly "NOTHING" they say regarding Covid19 is believable?

I mean its a mask ffs. There is no negative affect to them except slight discomfort. Yet people are making a ridiculous stand on it.
Did you at least lock down when you were meant to , to stop the virus spreading? No wonder everyone you know has it.

Ok , i get it , you don't trust advise sourced from the government and medical experts.
Instead you choose other less credentialed people for your advice.

How do you ensure the food you eat in restaurant's doesn't contain dangerous bacteria?
How do you know that aeroplane is maintained, and that other aircraft won't crash into it?
How do you know your car will stop when you hit the brakes, and that the airbag will go off at the right time?

You trust the government on any number of things, but suddenly "NOTHING" they say regarding Covid19 is believable?

I mean its a mask ffs. There is no negative affect to them except slight discomfort. Yet people are making a ridiculous stand on it.
Did you at least lock down when you were meant to , to stop the virus spreading? No wonder everyone you know has it.
It was readily conceded early on that mask mandates were for psychological reasons, to keep the population aware of the pandemic and at all times conscious of “the rules”. Scepticism rose when walking alone outside still required a mask, amongst other anomalous situations. It was much easier for enforcement to have a blanket rule with no exceptions.

Same with border rules and movement in the community - no exceptions. We saw friends and family unable to support parents at a funeral for their child who had died, due to “equity”, said Sutton. Many similarly cruel decisions by ALL premiers were revealed almost daily. Exceptions were almost never granted, unless a stink was created in the media. Meanwhile celebrities came and went without hindrance.

It’s no wonder trust was eroded and people dug their heels in.

All of that is unfortunate, some moreso than others. But it wasn't an attempt to make things worse. To deny there even is a problem.

Fauci and the lab leak cover up.
There is no evidence for this.

When will arm stop feeling dull as fu** it’s been 19 hours since I manned up

You might have a higher risk of myocarditis and your immune system might be ****ed. But look on the bright side. If you have a wank it will feel like someone else is pulling you off.

It's realistic to trust government or other expert sources where there is no political or financial advantage to be gained. But if we have doubts about the rationale presented for invading Iraq, or children overboard stories, or Victoria police command colluding with a high profile defence lawyer - it does not mean every aspect of government and infrastructure is compromised.

Where do I start?

Locally, I was broadly supportive of the efforts to prevent the spread until I saw what happened with the housing commission towers, which I thought was simply cruel. At around the same time, there was an exception made for a particular meatworks. Then came the inquiry farce. Then came the refusal to abide by a court order to release health advice. Then came the pandemic legislation. There's a heap more here I've missed.

Globally, let's just go with Fauci and the lab leak cover up.
FMD we have become a ridiculously myopic bunch haven't we. My wife comes from an emerging market in Sth America. See the destruction wrought by the virus there and genuine govt inaction / corruption and breach of the societal contract between a govt and its citizens then see how things have been approached here. It's a really poor view to be honest. Nothing's perfect, but I give everyone in Vic the hot tip. If they had lived first hand through the pandemic here against even cousins of mine in the states or where my wife is from / similar countries (having lost 6 elerly members of her extended family in a 10 mnth period to covid, good byes to loved one's in ICU, incubated, unconscious via zoom)you would begin to realise how lucky we are down here. What exactly is it you want from your govt. It is a system and control apparatus. We have an incredibly high functioning system with a strong rule of law, education, healthcare and private ownership rights. For most of the world that's a panacea. If you want your govt to give you a pat on the back, invite you over for tea and listen to how tough it is living in the wealthiest country in the world then suck it up and get on living. And as for all the conspiracy/ medical misinformation bullsh*t don't get me started 😉

FMD we have become a ridiculously myopic bunch haven't we. My wife comes from an emerging market in Sth America. See the destruction wrought by the virus there and genuine govt inaction / corruption and breach of the societal contract between a govt and its citizens then see how things have been approached here. It's a really poor view to be honest. Nothing's perfect, but I give everyone in Vic the hot tip. If they had lived first hand through the pandemic here against even cousins of mine in the states or where my wife is from / similar countries (having lost 6 elerly members of her extended family in a 10 mnth period to covid, good byes to loved one's in ICU, incubated, unconscious via zoom)you would begin to realise how lucky we are down here. What exactly is it you want from your govt. It is a system and control apparatus. We have an incredibly high functioning system with a strong rule of law, education, healthcare and private ownership rights. For most of the world that's a panacea. If you want your govt to give you a pat on the back, invite you over for tea and listen to how tough it is living in the wealthiest country in the world then suck it up and get on living. And as for all the conspiracy/ medical misinformation bullsh*t don't get me started 😉

I've been travelling during the pandemic and you're 100% right, I've seen first hand what it's done. Public Health Measures have been politicized and all over the place causing major health and economic devastation. Very little has been based on science.

You're correct people in Australia are very myopic, I would not be surprised if a lot of the anti-vaxxers have barely stepped a foot outside of their home state let alone Australia.

I've been travelling during the pandemic and you're 100% right, I've seen first hand what it's done. Public Health Measures have been politicized and all over the place causing major health and economic devastation. Very little has been based on science.

You're correct people in Australia are very myopic, I would not be surprised if a lot of the anti-vaxxers have barely stepped a foot outside of their home state let alone Australia.
Where have you travelled and how, if you don’t mind me asking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It seems there exists a major cognitive barrier for some people to take seriously what hasn't directly affected them. They appear psychologically incapable of processing the plight of other cultures less affluent or privileged as our own - as if they need to be helicoptered into poverty or war or pestilence and personally experience it before grasping its true magnitude.

And when you look at the anti-vax/anti-restriction/anti-mask etc. protests, and then consider the number of those there yelling at clouds that would most likely not be alive right now if these aforementioned restrictions had not been put in place, there's a kind of macabre humour associated with it.

I want my state and country not to become like that emerging market country your wife is from.

You don't trust the Goverment ,fine, but you blindly trust a bunch of morons spreading disinformation. Not a good move.
Are you able to identify a post of mine where I claimed Fauci’s emails were “leaked”?

I think it’s the content of the emails rather than the process of their coming to light that is the important issue here.

There is a ******* shitload of evidence for it.
in the case of borders i thought the ombudsman found it was bureaucratic stuff up (applications for exemption not even reaching review) rather than a deliberate design to be cruel.
housing commission tower decision was panic as were postcode lockdowns with big gaps in between

in the case of borders i thought the ombudsman found it was bureaucratic stuff up (applications for exemption not even reaching review) rather than a deliberate design to be cruel.
housing commission tower decision was panic as were postcode lockdowns with big gaps in between
Look they can be excused one by one but taken collectively, along with the unnecessarily brutal treatment of some by police etc there has been a breach of trust which goes a long way to explaining why a percentage of the population don’t buy their bullshit.

The housing commission lockdown was also subject to the "fake news " brigade, turning up with their camera's all on , filming the guy trying to get into the towers as they emotionally cried "but we are bringing them food ".
Seriously they expected a lockdown where people could wander in and out?

If people had understood the nice soft concept of "self isolation" that tower lockdown would not have happened.
At the time the penny was dropping with the government that lots of people were trying to simply ignore the whole pandemic away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back