XFL 2020 - Week 1

Remove this Banner Ad

The one glaring thing i noticed was how poor the O-Line play across the entire XFL was.

Thats the one position where the talent between NFL and XFL is night and day.
Doesn't help that OL is the position group most reliant on playing alongside the same guys consistently

On the Battlehawks train. Got a team shirt, probably pretty obscure to anyone in Melbourne.

Liked what I saw so far. The kickoff rule is really good, I've enjoyed to rushed pace of the game, feels somewhat like watching a condensed NFL game. O Line play has been awful but it's only round 1, things will get ironed out a bit over time.

Anyone looking for replays should search XFL on YouTube and sort for uploaded this week and duration over 20 minutes. Can get full games there.

On the Battlehawks train. Got a team shirt, probably pretty obscure to anyone in Melbourne.

Liked what I saw so far. The kickoff rule is really good, I've enjoyed to rushed pace of the game, feels somewhat like watching a condensed NFL game. O Line play has been awful but it's only round 1, things will get ironed out a bit over time.

Anyone looking for replays should search XFL on YouTube and sort for uploaded this week and duration over 20 minutes. Can get full games there.
xfl is awesome, all new teams, no history, fun to get into

I dont like the PATs idea, but I can see the cool strategizing behind it, also the logic...from 10 yards out its bound to be a pass play, so the D will be very prepared against a pass. Even 2 fron the five is almost certainly a pass too, but not always. And at the 2 it can easily be run or pass 50:50, hence only 1.

The kickoff is silly imo, but I can see the NFL adopt it. However, I do like the idea of a reward-vs-punishment for kickoffs...bounce infield then out the endzone = offense starts from the 15 -- I'd actually make it the 10. and...kick out of bounds = offense starts from opponents 45 -- I'd make it halfway.

My simple solution to onside kicks is just make the kicker able to kick it straight up into the air, have players run under the ball and try to bat it back. Only for onside kicks there is no "fair catch".

And so, do NOT implement the 4th and 15 idea.

Agree about not losing the huddle, and in fact I hate that rule in the XFL, the coach can be constantly in the ear of the skill players and defenders... I'd rather allow a certain cut off point like the NFL does, and have the players actually figure stuff out themselves, don't be over-coached.

The punt rule is fine.

The rule I love the most is the one we haven't seen yet -- the double forward pass behind the LOS.

BojF8LB.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

one interesting tho, from that video i posted in the main XFL thread....the opening week attendances for the AAF were sognificantly better than the XFL.

Multiple AAF games got 20k, and as high as 27k.

Still, i think given the much better entertainment value that the XFL has already shown, that the crowd numbers will consistently hit 25k or 30k as the season wears on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back