MVP Yabby Medal 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

A very tough vote. I thought everyone made great contributions. But there were still several players who upped their ante and outshone the rest.
5 Votes. James Sicily. The captaincy has been great for this man. He has performed at an even higher level than before and is at his best when we win. Collingwood had no answer for his dominance.
4 Votes. Jai Newcombe. For me, it couldn’t have been anyone else. It was one of the best performances of his career to date. He just dominated out of the middle, and that crunching tackle to stop Collingwood from advancing through an open portion of the ground that could have led to a goal was exquisite.
3 Votes. Will Day. Full of class. For his height, he is able to move so well through a contest. I love this man. Hodge 2.0 and our next Captain.
2 Votes. Finn Maginness. Perhaps the best tagging performance of his career. He kept the potential Brownlow Medalist to the worst game of his great young career. Which stopped Collingwood, who have been so reliant on Nick Daicos. Well done, Finn. I was certainly questioning his spot on the list, but now I see why we need him.
1 Vote. Harry Morrison. A very impressive game from him. He looks much better playing in an attacking role than a defensive one. It was great to see him hit the scoreboard on two occasions.
Overall, many players stood out. Lewis, Breust, Moore, Nash, Hardwick, MacDonald, Ward, Worpel, Wingard, Weddle, Ryan, and Koschitzke were all great, but I just felt that these five players took their game to the highest level.

5. Jai Newcombe
4. Karl Amon
3. Blake Hardwick
2. Conor Nash
1. Jacob Koschitzke

5 Votes. Jai Newcombe. I don't have to say much...
4 Votes. Karl Amon. The class he brings on the wing is so vital to us winning matches. We are lucky that we have him and Ward.
3 Votes. Jack Scrimshaw. He made some huge intercept marks today. He was much closer to the Scrimshaw of 2021.
2 Votes. Jacob Koschitzke. He was absolutely massive in the last several minutes. That mark on the boundary line helped take the time off the clock, and then that near mark in the last minute to lock it inside our half of the ground was huge. He was very good today.
1 Vote. James Worpel. It was him, Day, or Hardwick here. I chose Worpel because I thought it was he and Newcombe who led the resurgence in the 2nd quarter. He was good in the 3rd quarter as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5. Newk
4. Scrim
3. Amon
2. Hardwick
1. Day

Would have liked to get Kosi, Worps and Reeves in too if the laws of mathematics had allowed it. Stupid mathematics.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back