Roast Yelling at Clouds

Remove this Banner Ad

KWW sending me an email telling me to keep the faith and that we managed to keep close to Hawks on the weekend along with two other honourable losses.
Terry Wallace I'll spew up speech - they don't give us 4 points for getting close.

Reading "great email from KWW" on social media. Oh please... That email was shit rolled in glitter.

A port in a storm moreorless

If your plane crashes into the Andes and you have a choice between a free range omnivore and a vegan ... well ... the vegan's the one they recover.
Moreorless. In terms of circumstances, vegan eating experience for me has been more closely aligned with a train wreck than a plane crash

I find it hard to have sympathy for sheep. They're very stupid animals.

I thought so too for most of my life, until our tree change. But having run a small flock of sheep for the past 8-9 years, they are actually quite intelligent in some ways. We don't eat them btw, they're lawn mowers and occasional breeders to top up their numbers. They have their quirks, but we're quite attached to them. And they to us. (I'm not a vegan either for full disclosure, but I'm more partial to seafood, beef and cured meats, waning somewhat on chicken these days. Lamb and pork - not a fan tbh. And that was the same pre-sheep-ownership.)

Back in the day I use to do car pooling with work colleagues to save on fuel costs. One colleague was a vegan. We noticed he never offered to take his turn. I said victor it's about time you picked us up.
He said he would like too but doesn't avocado.
Anyway the poor bugger only lasted 4 months. The boss said victor's job performance didn't meat expectations.

I accidentally shoplifted $50 of stuff from Woolies the other week , I brought it into the bottle shop & paid for my grog. Then I walked out the door with the groceries absentmindedly, unpaid for. I felt bad but then I felt good . I had a new Bonds white t shirt and some jocks. Good score .

Another form of shoplifting is to bag up some Medjool dates, they’re $33 a kilo . Get a decent bag and eat them while you shop . You can swallow $8 easy enough before you hit the checkout . I combine them with a pint of buttermilk, I’m Irish , love buttermilk ❤️. Hide the empty buttermilk container in the electrical section , to confuse the staff.

Sometimes I don’t even buy anything.

I thought so too for most of my life, until our tree change. But having run a small flock of sheep for the past 8-9 years, they are actually quite intelligent in some ways. We don't eat them btw, they're lawn mowers and occasional breeders to top up their numbers. They have their quirks, but we're quite attached to them. And they to us. (I'm not a vegan either for full disclosure, but I'm more partial to seafood, beef and cured meats, waning somewhat on chicken these days. Lamb and pork - not a fan tbh. And that was the same pre-sheep-ownership.)
Ah, this is common with the small flock shepherd. It's a personal enough setting that the cunning sheep is able manipulate their host into forming attachments that will see them not become dinner.

We call it having the wool pulled over your eyes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The move to automatic checkouts at supermarkets and the security gates that stop you on your tracks if you are trying to shoplift.

Now, I am a law abiding citizen, but if I ever have a Joker-like downfall and commit to a life of chaos, those gates will be the first thing left destroyed in my wake.

If we lose to Richmond that may eventuate.
Bring in automatic checkouts to reduce staff and make it “more convenient” for us the consumer but still charge us more to do our own scanning and packing, then because we are untrained in the task and make mistakes, they bring in gates to lock you in….we all know where this heading.

I don’t use them. I stand and yell at clouds and like the good Karen I am, I demand they open a register for me.

I do enough chores in my life, I’m not scanning m6 own groceries as well only to have them accuse me of stealing stuff and not letting me out of the shop

I accidentally shoplifted $50 of stuff from Woolies the other week , I brought it into the bottle shop & paid for my grog. Then I walked out the door with the groceries absentmindedly, unpaid for. I felt bad but then I felt good . I had a new Bonds white t shirt and some jocks. Good score .

Another form of shoplifting is to bag up some Medjool dates, they’re $33 a kilo . Get a decent bag and eat them while you shop . You can swallow $8 easy enough before you hit the checkout . I combine them with a pint of buttermilk, I’m Irish , love buttermilk ❤️. Hide the empty buttermilk container in the electrical section , to confuse the staff.

Sometimes I don’t even buy anything.
Even if you are joking, I reckon everyone has probably walked out with something accidentally. I did it a couple of years back with a Roast Chicken (prior to me black banning the use of these checkouts) I’d hung it on that little hook on the back of the trolley, unpacked the whole trolley, scanned everything diligently and paid. I got out the car at the other end of the shopping centre and unloaded the trolley into the car and saw the chicken….god I felt bad…for about 5 minutes, then thought about all the times I can guarantee I’ve been rorted by the supermarket scanning extra items, not applying specials, leaving things out of my online order and me not noticing.

Gee that roast chook tasted good 😜

No I was not joking . All my tales are true . I have many of them which put me in an unfavourable light , like ‘Curb your enthusiasm’

My first wife , she was a great shoplifter . Always put a packet of nappies under the pram & tore it open, if anyone asked she could say they were there already . I think supermarkets just accept a low level of shoplifting as a fact of life , they mostly go after the ones who do it for a living . Repeat offenders .

Last edited:
No I was not joking . All my tales are true . I have many of them which put me in an unfavourable light , like ‘Curb your enthusiasm’

My first wife , she was a great shoplifter . Always put a packet of nappies under the pram & tore it open, if anyone asked she could say they were there already . I think supermarkets just accept a low level of shoplifting as a fact of life , they mostly go after the ones who do it for a living . Repeat offenders .
I have to confess I never shoplift. It’s one of my many great character flaws.

I try to avoid self checkout anyway. It’s demeaning, impersonal and it puts people out of work.

I absolutely refuse to queue for it.

Why should I have to waste my valuable time in a queue to do free labour (checkout) for Woolies? I could be doing something socially useful instead, like posting on BF. Generally I shop at Aldi. It has a different business model which is preferable to that of Coles & Woolies.

I’m sure Woolies accept a slightly increased level of shoplifting/stock loss from self-checkouts because it is more than offset by savings on not having to employ checkout staff.

Woolies, the fresh profits people.

Ah, this is common with the small flock shepherd. It's a personal enough setting that the cunning sheep is able manipulate their host into forming attachments that will see them not become dinner.

I used to wear my regular cocky clobber tending my sheep, but the leader of my flock (a feisty ewe) held my gaze one day, and looked deep into my soul.

I now find this far more comfortable, and I don't really know why:

images - 2024-05-09T092558.570.jpeg

:think:

Not shore wether ewe are serious.

I too have a small flock of sheep. (Yummy)

When my last girlfriend left me, I told her "there will never be another ewe"

I hate the word "yummy"

Ever since my Cooking class teacher, who was very old, and very old fashioned and strict. Downgrade my report from an A to a B, because I used the word "yummy" once (I was 14). She hates that word, it is no such word she said.

I have held a grudge against that word ever since.

I hate the word "yummy"

Ever since my Cooking class teacher, who was very old, and very old fashioned and strict. Downgrade my report from an A to a B, because I used the word "yummy" once (I was 14). She hates that word, it is no such word she said.

I have held a grudge against that word ever since.
How about....... Moist

Remove this Banner Ad

Back