Preview Yer A Lizard Harry - Magic Round - Richmond VS Sydney - Adelaide Oval - Friday 8:10PM (GMT)

Who will win

• Sydney 1-7

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Sydney 8-20

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Sydney 20-39

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Sydney 39+

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Richmond 1-7

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Richmond 8-20

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Richmond 20-39

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Richmond 39+

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Wingardium Leviosa

Votes: 6 11.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

No, they just see him doing the defensive role as a greater positive, than someone else doing it worse, and him getting free reign.

No wonder our midfield is rubbish if that is the thinking.

I reckon Horse is regressing. Neggo Neville running the show again.

So Horse and co have decided they don't want the ball in Rowy's hands?
I doubt it. Him getting the ball in his hands got us to a grand final.

I can't tell you why he is playing the role he's playing, only Horse & co can. I'm sure they have their reasons, I just hope it changes, because it doesn't benefit the midfield at all.

I doubt it. Him getting the ball in his hands got us to a grand final.

I can't tell you why he is playing the role he's playing, only Horse & co can. I'm sure they have their reasons, I just hope it changes, because it doesn't benefit the midfield at all.

Maybe he just is struggling to get it?

But if it's tactical I don't get it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe he just is struggling to get it?

But if it's tactical I don't get it
You can't get it if you're behind your man at every contest waiting to tackle him. He was doing this for most of last year and most fans thought he was just not performing well enough, but the coaches had him top 10 in the B&F before his role changed. Dead give away that it's his role.

It just doesn't make sense. Doesn't help him, doesn't help the midfield, doesn't help the team. The way he finished the season I can't believe Horse would revert back to something proven to be so ineffective unless there was a reason. My guess is it's a management thing.

You can't get it if you're behind your man at every contest waiting to tackle him. He was doing this for most of last year and most fans thought he was just not performing well enough, but the coaches had him top 10 in the B&F before his role changed. Dead give away that it's his role.

It just doesn't make sense. Doesn't help him, doesn't help the midfield, doesn't help the team. The way he finished the season I can't believe Horse would revert back to something proven to be so ineffective unless there was a reason. My guess is it's a management thing.

maybe he is getting caught behind, but yes seems unlikely.

Guess he has shown he can tackle and pressure well, but id rather rowbottom have it than say Jmac

We are right in this even with our outs, Richmond have massive outs too. Bud was going terribly so him out isn't huge imo. The forward line iwll be fine if given opportunities. Against Port we went forward plenty of times but just bombed it to Bud too often and Aliir dominated. Without Bid we are far less predictable.

The McCartins and Rampe out are massive but this looks like one forward line that we might be able to cobble a decent performance against. Fox will take an ageing Riewoldt I suspect and then Mills, Blakey to take Ryan/Miller, Campbell to Bolton. Dusty doesn't have an obvious match up, I suspect Florent might get the job. That could be a match determining match up.

Ladhams should have a field day against Ryan/Miller which could be a massive help. Tigers have been poor in clearances which we could have some success with. If Mills plays in defence, it gives Warner, Rowbottom, Errol all the time in the midfield with Parker which I also don't think is a bad thing.

Good post, needed that

I think crows are also showing now (maybe it won't last) so much of AFL is pressure, effort and momentum.

If we get on top the defence has to just be serviceable

also the guys down back have talent to run off and create

It is his fault for calling for the ball in terrible positions. But not his fault for getting old. That is life. He is still a very good player. But he does present as a huge target for the players upfield. I believe 56% of our entries still go to Bud whether he is in a good position or not. He demands the ball and the players upfield just give it to him. After all he is the Great Buddy Franklin. We have to lose that train of thought and treat him like a first year player.

This weekend we need to win the clearances as if it gets into their forward line we will be annihilated. We just do not have any talks there. They have Riewaldt and Cumberland and I think Balta will swing forward to stretch us even more. Balta could kick 10 on out smalls.

I think we should just not bother lol. It is at The Adelaide Oval (we don't do well there) , NO backline, problems scoring. Needless to say I am not confident.

Mills will go back no doubt if Gould does not pass the fitness test. That helps. Roberts to the mids.Who gets 23? Sheldrick if Gould does not play?

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bud doesn't call for the ball over his head

I know its dumb

Just guess i am being too negative thinking s**t will sink to 2-3 or 2-4 and season wasted, have high hopes

dumb I know
I have no idea how I've become one of the optimists on this board, but we can win this!

I mean, I'd certainly be hoping Rampe, Gould are fit to play next week. Not sure either of the McCartin's will get up, but Tom would be a bonus.

But this week it's Richmond, they aren't that great, they have one legit KPF and he's getting on. Fox will deal with him. Then we've just got to handle a couple of kid ruck/forwards. They might kick a few goals, but could be a liability if the ball hits the deck. Other than that, we've got a midfield and forward line that can trouble them. Ladhams should dominate too.

PS. I also haven't seen a Swans win in 5 years, because we keep playing Port here, and I went to the GF. Let's just win this ok. Do it for the Bloods(86).

maybe he is getting caught behind, but yes seems unlikely.

Guess he has shown he can tackle and pressure well, but id rather rowbottom have it than say Jmac
I actually liked JMac at stoppages last year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back