You don't owe the Adelaide Football Club anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes the club is a corporate it has to be to survive and compete with your Collingwood west coast and Essendon

It isn't like playing footy for your local club like say PHOS where you wouldn't even consider writing crap like I'm throwing in the towel and not supporting them, when you actually play for a club you have such a bond it's ridiculous

It appears to me supporting Adelaide is like egg and bacon for a lot of people

And people are like the chicken

Not the pig who was fully committed and the chicken only half there

I suppose that's the difference for some others take that loyalty and wouldn't consider ever changing

SANFL club supporters seem to have that loyalty in buckets it may be the community feel that gives them that with Adelaide being from SA may give you the same feeling

To suggest you aren't going to support the club is quite unusual as a kid they change clubs but I have to say I only know one person to have switched from Adelaide to port because at the time port were going better than Adelaide and Elite Crow bags the F out if him

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

LOL. Chickens......eggs......bacon.....I have absolutely NFI what you are talking about.

So how do you explain them "putting" in for the 1st half against all the top teams we played this year. They should just start the game s**t then....?
The players have the talent and skill. They're good at getting into winnable positions when everything is going well. But then the tide turns and the other team gets momentum (a common thing in football). This is when it gets hard. We could work harder to arrest momentum, or go into our shells and wait for someone else to do it. Usually we take the second option of "it's all too hard."

Feenix you are in a position with your line to Fagan and the club to share how you and the hard core supporters are feeling. Sure it might do you some damage about future access, but what’s the value of that access if all your going to get is muffins?
I understand and share the sentiment. I'm just not sure what it would achieve.

Yep two memberships costing close to a grand to watch and listen to dribble..
Just remember Fagan with all his we will be the best football department with the best people blah blah what a joke ! All us members are just dollar signs paying for a plastic pretend footy club.

This is memberships on the line type of stuff.

The last 2 years have been so pathetically handled its not funny. Its amazing how July 17 looked compared to July 19.

As long as the AFC continues to make profits they don't give a furry rodents backside.

Adelaide’s operating profits in the past four years have been $3.83m (2018), $3.432m (2017), $1.464m (2016) and $1.49m (2015). The club’s last operating loss was $408,000 in 2014 when the Crows absorbed extraordinary costs with the move from Football Park to Adelaide Oval.

Money talks in the AFL and that is the only KPI that Bob and his cronies care a figleaf about.

The AFC's "customers" are not even factored in to Bob's business plan. We are suckers to continue to shop at this store.

You have to ask yourself why you support the club in the first place. I was quite fine supporting Sturt in my early 20's before dickheads in suits decided to rip the guts out of SA Footy. Then I backed the Crows because it was an extension of the State of Origin "kick a Vic" ethos, except we got to have a crack at it every week.

But it's not like that anymore. That interstate rivalry is practically non existent these days, so we're just another team in a competition, and I find myself wondering if I would pick Adelaide if I was picking a team to support today. Honestly, I don't think I would.

But I do, for whatever reason, continue to support them. Its probably a nod to the echoes of the 90's. Someone in this thread mentioned "hope" and I think that's a key word. But i support them in the knowledge that we're basically a club without a football soul, and as such, there's never going to be the passion of a Richmond, or a Collingwood, or even a Sturt for that matter, from the people running the show. It's something I really miss and it's a shame, because that passion was there when we started. Old footy heads in charge, roaring crowds, hometown hero players.

It's not like that anymore. We're just a cog in the AFL wheel and it makes me sad. And detached, to a degree. My passion has dwindled as a result of the passion within the club dwindling.

Walsh ******* knew what sort of club this was and he set about changing it. The only time I've really been passionate about this club since Blight. And we've pi**ed on his vision and "Adelaided" the interlopers and settled back into our comfortable "biggest ticket in town" chair. Even Roo. I can kind of forgive Fagan, he's a suit and not a footy head, and he's doing a good job for the most part. But Roo should be ashamed of himself. He brought Walsh to the club, sold the vision, and the poor bastard died and now what? Nothing. Nothing from our Director of Football. Nothing from the bloke who rode in with his chest puffed out. Nothing but piss and wind. Shameful.

And I'm supposed to buy into that? No thanks.
There were a number of things Walsh pointed out, some subtlety and others not so subtle, about what we were. I'm sure I remember he didn't want to come to the club initially because of what it was like. We all thought finally these ways were going to be broken down.

I still remember things like this is not going to be a club about spin anymore. Imagine someone down there saying that now. I think they've shut up shop and become even worse since then than they were before that, probably because they s**t their pants at someone like that almost rocking their apple cart long term.

Honestly, who could be arsed?

Spend your hard earned and fly over to Melbourne this week. I'll be there but only cause I am a MCC member and not on my Crows membership.

I'll buy you a beer in the MCC members bar at half time.

Second half will be one way downhill skiers stuff from the CFC anyways.

Normally I get over losses pretty quick but this one seemed to hurt for some reason. Didn't help with all the antagonistic Essendon supporters around the cbd. I never rub it in to oppo supporters. Never

You should come over to Melbourne and go to one of their home games when we lose.

Cavemen. All of them.

The abuse that is given to Crows fans at all Victorian games is woeful.

And they say that we are ferals at our home games? Pot, kettle, black.

This is memberships on the line type of stuff.

The last 2 years have been so pathetically handled its not funny. Its amazing how July 17 looked compared to July 19.
It all seems obvious to me. crowd your own forward lines and leave the back lines empty. Can't work, never will. Never seen Pike move players and create a win. 3 tall forwards and a beaut crumber but Eddie crashes the packs so the talls can't mark it and they can't crumb it like Eddie should be. When the last quarter comes the players are stuffed from running up and down the ground endlessly and fruitlessly with the result they have nothing in the tank for the last quarter

So Roo gave the team and selectors a whack on MMM and Josh Jenkins response on SEN: “I don’t listen to guys in the media”

Josh first off you’re in the media YOU GOOSE.

Second better look for a new club, that’s the footy director and king of the boys club you are referring to

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You should come over to Melbourne and go to one of their home games when we lose.

Cavemen. All of them.

The abuse that is given to Crows fans at all Victorian games is woeful.

And they say that we are ferals at our home games? Pot, kettle, black.
I haven't been on the hill for a while but the other night there were some pretty bad crows fans as well.

So Roo gave the team and selectors a whack on MMM and Josh Jenkins response on SEN: “I don’t listen to guys in the media”

Second better look for a new club, that’s the footy director and king of the boys club you are referring to
I didn't hear him give the selectors a wack but he did say every supporter he has talked to and there were a few has given the team and selectors a wack.

I didn't hear him give the selectors a wack but he did say every supporter he has talked to and there were a few has given the team and selectors a wack.
There’s a paywalled article on Adelaide Now which talks about Pyke being loyal but need to look at guys not getting it done

I don't think they're on strong speaking terms as it is.

Back when Jerka re-signed there were strong rumours that Roo had sent him a not so nice SMS message. The story is that Roo was livid at Jenkins for holding the to club to ransom so he could get an even better deal than what he had originally asked for.

Nah that’s it I’m done. Being a Crows member since inception, but the Showdown was my line in the sand, and Mrs PJ too, we’ve had enough. The memberships will be let go after the last home game.

I’ll still support, and use my SACA membership to go to 3-4 games a year in the Langley Room. $350 a double so 4 games is about the same as 2 x 11 game memberships + food/drink for a season.

Would rather the SACA get my money and choose my games.

No more Crows membership though - done and dusted

I don't think they're on strong speaking terms as it is.

Back with Jerka re-signed there were strong rumours that Roo had sent him a not so nice SMS message. The story is that Roo was livid because Jenkins ended up holding to club to ransom to get a better deal than what he had originally asked for.

If that is indeed the case then Roo didn't need to do the deal in the panicked fashion it was put together. 5 year deal put him at age 32 at his end of contract.

Smacked of a PR deal gone south. Should have let him go to Brisbane.

Last edited:
It all seems obvious to me. crowd your own forward lines and leave the back lines empty. Can't work, never will. Never seen Pike move players and create a win. 3 tall forwards and a beaut crumber but Eddie crashes the packs so the talls can't mark it and they can't crumb it like Eddie should be. When the last quarter comes the players are stuffed from running up and down the ground endlessly and fruitlessly with the result they have nothing in the tank for the last quarter

Eddie crashes because our talls don't. Tex is too slow and Jenkins worries about contact, only wants it one on one.

Its the lack of urgency, the lack of care that really bothers me.

This is a club that gives every impression it thinks I should go fu** myself for not being grateful for the s**t they produce.
Beginning to think it's a South Australia thing....mate on plane after Port game on Sat (won tickets) on same plane with team....Said boys were having a good old time acting like 10 year olds...leader Jonas...reckon it's something in the water!

Beginning to think it's a South Australia thing....mate on plane after Port game on Sat (won tickets) on same plane with team....Said boys were having a good old time acting like 10 year olds...leader Jonas...reckon it's something in the water!
Could be. As a state we have a history of sporting clubs that suck balls.

We look at west coast as a comparison to the crows and it’s chalk and cheese.

Look at the wildcats record vs the Sixers in the NBL.

The redbacks haven’t won the shield in over 20 years.

Adelaide United with one Aleague title in 14 years.

We suck.

I understand and share the sentiment. I'm just not sure what it would achieve.

If you're asking yourself why bother supporting the club, my question to you is: what do you have to lose?

Even if you have a 1% chance of having some impact, why not try it if the alternative is just walking away from caring entirely?

You're not really making any points, just weird virtue signals.

Belief? Belief in what?

Not everything has to have a point.

My belief in the club, its integrity and what it stands for. Given that Roo had the stones to get rid of Sanderson, I have faith that he (or others close to him) will have the integrity to do something similar if it is needed. We at the very least need an external independent review

Remove this Banner Ad

Back