FB Roarke Smith, Lewis Young, Bailey Williams
HB Caleb Daniel, Zaine Cordy, Lachlan Young
C Ed Richards, Josh Dunkley, Lachie Hunter
HF Pat Lipinski, Aaron Naughton, Toby McClean
FF Bailey Dale, Josh Schache, Riley West
FOL Tim English, Marcus Bontempelli, Jack Macrae
INT Billy Gowers, Bailey Smith, Will Hayes, Cody Weightman
EMG Brad Lynch, Fergus Greene, Ryan Gardiner

Pretty Strong, especially through the midfield. Smaller defenders the biggest weakness. All except Weightman have played at AFL level.

This is probably the best under 25 side in the comp with Dunkley, Bont and Macrae being clear top 10 mids (arguably top 5) in this age bracket.

This is probably the best under 25 side in the comp with Dunkley, Bont and Macrae being clear top 10 mids (arguably top 5) in this age bracket.
I think clearly the bulldogs side is the best.
Lachie Hunter seems about 29 years old to me for some reason.

The midfield with Dunkley, Bont, MAcrae, Hunter, Lipinski, Mclean is pretty insane.

Yeah let’s see how well your crystal ball goes

I see the dees finishing bottom 4 again and giving us a top 4 pick
while we yet again finish above you and will continue to do so for many more years

You are dreaming sunshine , You talk about Crystal Balling then go onto say Dee's will finish bottom 4

If you are handing out bets then count me in

With the exception of 10 players Melbourne has its entire list to pick from.

Salem OMac Hore
Hunt Lever J Wagner
Langdon Harmes Brayshaw
Petracca Weideman Hannan
Pickett Jackson Fritsch
Preuss Oliver Viney
Neal-Bullen Baker Petty Lockhart

With the exception of 10 players Melbourne has its entire list to pick from.

Salem OMac Hore
Hunt Lever J Wagner
Langdon Harmes Brayshaw
Petracca Weideman Hannan
Pickett Jackson Fritsch
Preuss Oliver Viney
Neal-Bullen Baker Petty Lockhart

LOL this guy makes me laugh
Still under 25 but probably been talked about the last 4 years as much as Grundy & Gawn but with a grand total of 15 games to his name

LOL this guy makes me laugh
Still under 25 but probably been talked about the last 4 years as much as Grundy & Gawn but with a grand total of 15 games to his name

Still insane to me he chose to go to Melbourne. He went from being behind Goldstein to being behind Gawn. Why not go to a club with weak rucks?

Still insane to me he chose to go to Melbourne. He went from being behind Goldstein to being behind Gawn. Why not go to a club with weak rucks?
Even Dees fans were questioning his motives. We tried playing them both in the same team but it didn't work. The one game Gawn missed & Preuss played as the sole ruckman he was close to BOG. To his credit he has lost about 10 kilos this year & Melbourne reward him by picking a ruckman with their 1st pick in the draft. Wouldn't surprise me if we trade him at the end of the season.

Hawthorn's 25 and under list looks pretty uninspiring. Just my opinion. Worpel, Hardwick and Sicily are good, O'Meara a solid B-grader, Impey good but coming back from a knee, Lewis and Scrimshaw have a bit of potential. No All-Australians in there. Might struggle for a few years unless they can create a few more stars out of that crop. Those are just my thoughts and you can feel free to disagree with them if you want.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here come Suns :)

B Burgess Ballard Joyce
HB Lukosius Collins Weller
C Powell Brodie Bowes
HF Ainsworth Corbett Anderson
F Macpherson King Rankine
Foll Wright Fiorini Rowell
Int Miller Holman Lemmens Flanders

Obviously Wright is only part-time ruck. Sharp will eventually make it on the wing. Another KPD would be handy.

Good battles coming up against Taranto, Kelly, Whitfield, Williams, Green, Caldwell etc.
Huge amount of talent but green Caldwell o halloran etc are yet to play a single game.

These bulldogs guys have done it in the afl.

Gws very good though.

Dogs mids easily the best but keen to see how we stack up with our big 4 LDU Simpkin Thomas and Bonar

Would expect one of our 2 first rounders next year to be on a mid to add to the above

I feel like we have more pace there and x factor

but dogs have Bont plus serious accumulators in Macrae Dunkley Hunter McLean

B: Vlastuin - Garthwaite - Short
HB: Stack - Balta - Baker
C: McIntosh - Ross - Naish
HF: Higgins - Chol - Bolton
F: Rioli - CCJ - Castagna
R: Nank - RCD - Graham
I/C: Soldo - Eggy - Turner - Markov

Not a bad side. 13 premiership medals in that
What would have been a fourteenth medal just walked off to St Kilda along with Dan Butler. And good luck to him.

If this side doesn't look daunting on paper in comparison to the equivalents elsewhere, it's probably because so many of the above are stuck in the VFL (premiership finally won there this year though), not through lack of potential or effort, but for long-term development and from a lack of senior opportunities.

I'd probably rate Turner and Markov at the bottom of this 22, yet both could conceivably find an AFL spot elsewhere, were they moved on. The reality is, some will have to be delisted at some stage.

While, the young Dogs are very good (the WB should make top four next year), the Tiger cubs are quite possibly even better. Many will disagree with this assessment, no doubt, and feel inclined to say so quickly.

That's fine. Time will tell. Eventually. I've been around long enough to see things fall apart. Often. The current Punt Rd list management is different, however. If it can be kept up, look out. I see shades of '67 - '80.

Without the open cheque-book.

Dogs mids easily the best but keen to see how we stack up with our big 4 LDU Simpkin Thomas and Bonar

Would expect one of our 2 first rounders next year to be on a mid to add to the above

I feel like we have more pace there and x factor

but dogs have Bont plus serious accumulators in Macrae Dunkley Hunter McLean

I'd expect both of the Lions 2020 first rounders to be used to add further quality to our mid field. Hoping Port have an ordinary year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back