Your current top 5 most exciting players? And how do they stack up against the rest?

Remove this Banner Ad

gungho

Club Legend
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Michael Frederick - that's about it.

Fyfe's always injured.
Lobb's a peaheart.
Taberner is not all there.
Michael Walters is unbelievable exiting - at playing for free kicks.
Andy Brayshaw is a bloody good footballer - but not real exciting.
Darcy is a lumbering giant.

Come to think of it, I have no idea how we are on the brink of playing finals.

The current exciting Hawks are:

• Newcombe - brutal tackles and clearance work
  • CJ - line breaking run
  • Sicily - marking ability and long accurate kicking
  • Wingard (when fit) - type of guy who can kick 3 goals in 3 minutes when he's on
  • Lewis - when he's marking the footy well
It was a tough patch for a few years there, before we had a few exciting youngsters really pick up - most of the footy we played in 2017 - 2021 was completely bereft of excitement. We've got a good amount of players who can really spark up the crowd now, the problem for the Hawks is becoming reliable for when the dash and daring kicking doesn't pay off.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Cameron
Stengle
Rohan - he doesn’t do a lot but what he does is always at extreme pace
Maybe Henry? Seems to have a big fly on him for an otherwise pretty uneventful player
Dangerfield. Don’t see it as often but he was brutal last Saturday around the ball

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Draper and Redman have to be among the most exciting players in the league at the moment.

Shiel’s recent form is also pretty exciting with the run he provides from the centre.

Maybe Wright’s goal kicking as he can easily kick straight from a 50+ metre set shot.

Hind 5th when he takes the game on and provides run.

Other players with the potential to be exciting like Perkins, Bryan, Hobbs, Durham, D’Ambrosio, Cox etc, but not there yet.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Charlie Cameron
Zac Bailey
Kiedean Coleman
Brandon Starcevich
Callum Ah Chee

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're probably not flush with 'exciting players', though Pickett and Petracca are worth the price of admission alone.

Not the flashiest players, but if you're a sucker for otherwordly ground level work, Oliver is great to watch, if you like crafty forwards, Fritsch, and if you're big on characters with a sense of theatre, then probably Gawn too.

And if you like players who are capable of doing eye-catching things, coupled with the worst blunders you'll ever see on a football field, then I'll put forward Jayden Hunt and Joel Smith.

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Sydney’s are pretty good as listed above. Like watching the suns and blues too, they’ve got a few.

Bulldogs might not have a five quite yet, but Bont/Naughton/Weightman/Jamarra/Smith might go alright in the next few years.

Although Smith isn’t so exciting when you know every kick is going to the opposition.

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
Dusty (when actually playing well)
Bolton
Cumberland
MRJ
Gibcus

Pretty good I think but not the best

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

cherrypie

Club Legend
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Zaine Cordy, Ryan Gardner, Robbie McComb, Josh Schache and Roarke Smith.

Beat that.

Last edited:

Dynamics

Cancelled
Jul 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'll have a crack.

Jeremy Howe - One of the all time great aerialists.

Jack Ginnivan - Entertaining, great kick for goal, polarising, loves to troll supporters and play the hero/villain. A human headline already.

Nick Daicos - Everyone knows what this kid can already do. Future superstar.

Josh Daicos - See that goal against Essendon. He's a Daicos after all.

Ash Johnson - Considered Elliott, Dr Goey or Henry but went with AJ as a future source of excitement. Pies supporters will know what I'm talking about though - the guy is going to provide a fair bit of entertainment for a long time to come.

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Generally be biased towards forwards and more attacking mids, as most of the exciting play is in your F50. Course Flyin Ryan is always exciting when he gets going. Willy Rioli and Cripps also for mercurial moves when they are on. JK and JD also more entertaining than many realise I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back