Food, Drink & Dining Out Your Favourite Potato Chips

Remove this Banner Ad

You know what the most overrated chip is. Kettle and/or red rock. Awful texture and average flavours.

Pringles are pretty "bleh" too

Yeah they seem to be all oil and no potato.

And there is a reason the classic flavours are popular - don't mind some of the more exotic falvours but sometimes it seems they try too hard.

Back when I was a kid there was a brand called Ruffles that made their chips with smaller crinkles, apparently so there would be a bigger crunch when you bite into them. Their salt & vinegar variety were easily the best chips ever made.

These days I will nibble on the Smiths Salt & Vinegar chips, but they are no where near as good.

But it looks like the Ruffles may be making a return (see below) through IGA, if I can find them I'll have to give them a go.

1641446797225.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any Salt & Vinegar, but these are easily the best. Not the cheapest, but worth it.

6bc19249e0be9979c7582ef1e605b259.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Smiths Cheese and onion. Im a boring campaigner
Cheese and Onion are the best. One of two or three original flavours too.

For cheese and onion, Natural Chip CO >>> Smiths. Too bad many supermarkets don't stock them any more.
Hi fellow cheese and onion fans.
You should check out the Tyrells version. Mature Cheddar and Chives. Epic.
471954.jpg

I switch it up, can't eat the same ones all the time. Favorites would Smiths Chicken, Samboy Tomato Sauce, Kettle Sea Salt, Doritos Mexican, Burger Rings, Chicken Twisties and Salt Vinegar in Smiths or Thins.

Back when I was a kid there was a brand called Ruffles that made their chips with smaller crinkles, apparently so there would be a bigger crunch when you bite into them. Their salt & vinegar variety were easily the best chips ever made.

These days I will nibble on the Smiths Salt & Vinegar chips, but they are no where near as good.

But it looks like the Ruffles may be making a return (see below) through IGA, if I can find them I'll have to give them a go.

View attachment 1306675
Loved ruffles BBQ back in the day was probably late 80's early 90's. Costco use to sell really big bags of ruffles plain that were really good.

The ad looks like the Canadian french ruffles where they have IGA's.

Buying some beers at Dan's, saw this, thought of this thread and had to purchase.

I don't know about the Limited Edition thing. What, am I supposed to buy a 2nd pack, and not open it for 20 years? 20220108_174835.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back