Your predictions for X-Factor players in the finals

Remove this Banner Ad

For Geelong, I'd say Max Rooke / Matthew Stokes.
Rooke coming off an injury riddled year, maybe he does his hammy again, but in 06 he was in our top 5 performers. A big ask to get near that form, but if he does will be huge for us.
The zookeeper seems to get under the guard, plays the Chapman/Ablett role of a couple of years ago since their release to the middle. Rarely wastes a touch, good kick for goal and good defensively. Has bobbed up a couple of times to kick a sequence of goals in a hurry.

I still feel a bit dubious over Rooke's treatment for the 7cm hamstring tear in round 13. I just feel very dubious to have animal blood injected into you when blood doping human blood is considered being a drug cheat.

Hunter isn't really an x-factor, we expect him to be great.

Staker i agree is probably the eagles x-factor. Not a nightmare for oppositions to man up on, but then suddenly he'll be taking pack marks, snapping impossible goals and running rings around an opposition. When he's "on" he's nigh unstoppable, but usually he's just a third tall. The kind of player who could kick 10 goals in a match, but usually doesnt :p

Hope le'cras has a great final series too, but he'll be consistently good, not hot and cold.....

Jones, Rowan Jones.

17 kicks, 13 handpasses and 3 goals last week were just a sign of bigger things to come.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

Also from the Eagles Brent Staker and Mark Seaby.

Staker missed most of the 2006 finals and has been an improved player this year. Has been quiet the past few weeks, after a run of impressive games. Could either step up and be an X-factor, or just as easily be replaced by someone else. Needs to lift with Hansen out of the side.

Seaby was a passenger for the most part of the 2006 finals. It's not really a criticism of him, he was played purely as Cox's #2 and that was his role. This year he has improved as a tall marking target up forward, and has played well in the ruck. Expect to see a few big grabs, and more of Seaby in the middle, freeing up Cox to move around the ground.

For Geelong, I'd say Max Rooke / Matthew Stokes.
Rooke coming off an injury riddled year, maybe he does his hammy again, but in 06 he was in our top 5 performers. A big ask to get near that form, but if he does will be huge for us.
The zookeeper seems to get under the guard, plays the Chapman/Ablett role of a couple of years ago since their release to the middle. Rarely wastes a touch, good kick for goal and good defensively. Has bobbed up a couple of times to kick a sequence of goals in a hurry.
Yep.

He's back (see left).

X-FACTORS

Geelong- Travis Varcoe [has the possibility to fly under the radar with so many stars in the side]

Port- Warren Tredrea [shell of his former self at moment but could turn it on]

West Coast- Mark LeCras [could be a needed goal sneak]

Kangas- Aaron Edwards [Has the ability to turn it on at the right time]

Hawks- Jarryd Roughead [with all attention on Buddy could kick some handy bags]

Pies- Martin Clarke [just has x-factor written all over him]

Swans- Peter Everit [maybe a seasoned veteran but no real final campaigns. this is why he went to Sydney has to prove himself]

Crows- Ben Hudson [has had a consistant year if can equal it with the likes of Cox, Lade and Mcintosh in the finals could make the difference]

Buckley, Rusling and Didak for us.

He is getting old, but Bucks is a massive x-factor. If he finds form, look out whoever is against us. I think up forward, he will be a massive x-factor.

Rusling is the same. He could easily kick a bag if he kicks straight. On the lead, he cannot be stopped, save for a massive flood. But he is a great contested mark too.

Didak. Didak. Didak. Perhaps our biggest x-factor. Can wreak pure havoc at his best. It's just a question of whether he can find his best in time.

Watch out for the likes of Didak, Davis, Thomas, Medhurst etc. Mick has given them a license to show off their party tricks!

Nick Davis, we all know what he did 2 years ago.
A half fit Chris Judd, "beware the wounded tiger".
Rusling, quick on the lead strong mark just needs to kick straight
roughead, wont get as much attention as franklin
Wells, injury has curtailed his year
Nick gill, very hard worker, could have a blinder at any moment
geelong and port, to very even spread teams, cudnt imagine any doin sumthin they haven't done already this yr

Tredrea for me, has had an interupted year with injury and no preseason to boot. Is a seasoned finals performer, captain of the club and i dare say the birth of his first child during the week probably would have taken a great load of his mind and giving him a new sense of worth.

North - Eddie Sansbury, has turned a corner, and has been averaging 3 goals a game for the last 5 weeks, had 20 odd touches and 5 goals on the weekend.

North's X Factor = Daniel Wells

In the true meaning of the word, Wells would not be an x-factor. He is already an established player and top performances are expected of him. My bet from the Roos would be Eddie Sansbury. Lightning pace, great goal sense, huge engine, huge upper body strength and is playing with enormous confidence that is enabling him to develop major headaches for opposition teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North - Eddie Sansbury, has turned a corner, and has been averaging 3 goals a game for the last 5 weeks, had 20 odd touches and 5 goals on the weekend.

I remember not too long ago North fans wanted him on the chopping block, you think he's settled now in the team?

Adam Hunter for the Eagles. Will go forward though out the game and take pack marks and kick goals.

That is what X factor is all about. Teams that have been going okay without these players for some time now, if they can click it can give the team a significant boost... thus X factor.
Exactly.

The term "x-factor" implies the unknown, which is basically saying that you can expect what you're going to get out of Gary Ablett Jr or Ben Cousins or Chad Cornes.

X-factor players are guys that you don't quite know what to expect from, hence why guys who are returning from injury like Max Rooke, Nathan Buckley or even Alan Didak could fit in to this mode, as well as young guys like Mark LeCras and Hamish McIntosh.

Judd is the biggest x-factor for us atm. If he can somehow get to near 100% and play in the middle that would be a huge bonus for us. If he only plays at around 70% up forward then we lose so much from him.

Its the great unknown, which is exactly what x-factor means. Can he play like he did in the last few finals series? Or will he be a shadow of himself?

For Port - Motlop's the obvious one. I have no problems imagining him not being sighted and also have no problems seeing him putting on a clinic and winning it off his own boot.

Other then him Westhoff and Tredrea. Tredrea isn't really an X-factor, but if he can get over his lack of training/injuries and put in a performance of his 2001-2004 vintage then he could turn a game.

I always thought Brett Burton was the definition of X factor player. The guy who can take the screamer in the goal square only to play on and kick a point.

The type of bloke that can do anything: mark, rove, kick well, kick bad. The bloke who is both unbelievably good or incredably bad over the course of a season, a game or three minutes.

well fellow peoples i am just gona chuck this out there n say for eagles there X-FACTOR QUINTIN LYNCH THE BIG MAN
wats everyones thoughts

i think if west coast win the grand final i think lynch would come up n star
this year his had a great year eagles have finally got there foward line working..,... and not worryin bout cousins judd or who ever kcikin goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back