Ziebell's game

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair point. So would JZ be better off running around in the twos or running into form in the ones? Isbthere a better player out of the team because JZ is playing? I'm not sure.

If Cameron Ling, Paul Chapman, etc. can play in the two's to prove their fitness I reckon a third year player with less than 50 games could play a couple of games back there............

Ben Speight may not have the "upside" (or the top 10 draft position) of a Zeibell but his fitness and performance might have earned him a shot perhaps.

If Cameron Ling, Paul Chapman, etc. can play in the two's to prove their fitness I reckon a third year player with less than 50 games could play a couple of games back there............

Ben Speight may not have the "upside" (or the top 10 draft position) of a Zeibell but his fitness and performance might have earned him a shot perhaps.

I think Speight will end up being better than many people think.

He's just come off to broken legs, which OBVIOUSLY doesnt allow you to run much lol i think Scott is putting too much pressure on the kid let him work into his game in the two's aint going to do him any good in the one's atm! He will be fine though dont stress he'l be a gun!

Of course, what you have stated is blatantly obvious to any human being with a functioning nervous system, however, there is another ultimate truth that accompanies your revelation.

The coach is prepared to use home and away matches as pre season training for certain players. Jack isn't the only one either.

This is an inescapable fact.

I'd suggest the coach has taken the view that he wants to get as many games into the youngsters together as possible.

This is what we want isn't it? Isn't it? In three years time to have that solid unit that have played 80 -100 games together and know each other so well they can time each other's shits?

There is another option, the Laidley option.

In which we drop JZ and Cunners to the two, bring up Pedersons, never delisted Hardings, struggle to 8th and get belted in our first final then lather rinse repeat, trade for Daniel Giansiracusa in the offseason and do it all again.

We asked for this.We want this. This is good for us.

I am taking names of those currently wilting under fire and won't be forgetting their actions in this hour.

Anyone can ride into Paris on top of a tank kissing pretty girls. The blokes you want are those who you can rely on in the trench fight that gets you there.

I'd suggest the coach has taken the view that he wants to get as many games into the youngsters together as possible.

This is what we want isn't it? Isn't it? In three years time to have that solid unit that have played 80 -100 games together and know each other so well they can time each other's shits?

There is another option, the Laidley option.

In which we drop JZ and Cunners to the two, bring up Pedersons, never delisted Hardings, struggle to 8th and get belted in our first final then lather rinse repeat, trade for Daniel Giansiracusa in the offseason and do it all again.

We asked for this.We want this. This is good for us.

I am taking names of those currently wilting under fire and won't be forgetting their actions in this hour.

Anyone can ride into Paris on top of a tank kissing pretty girls. The blokes you want are those who you can rely on in the trench fight that gets you there.

So the answer is, Yes, preseason training is still under way.

You needn't have bothered with all the other stuff.

Preseason training for seasons 2012 - 2016 perhaps. It's obvious that Bon has a long term plan and a template for how best to carry out that plan. Certain aspects of the plan, ie some players, aren't performing up to expectation yet so changes to personnel need to be made. If that means Jack stays, then fine. I could name about four others whose heads are on the block before his.

There's positive, and then there's insulting peoples intelligence.

I think it is fair to conclude that the coach is not a liar, but has been caught out himself by the revelations of 2011.

This does not make me overflow with confidence.
I don't think there is cause for losing confidence...
Ted said:
Brad is a glutton for disappointment.
I've quoted Ted from the 'unbridled anger' thread; it's connected I think.

Disappointment arises from unfulfilled (rising) expectations. I reckon Brad sincerely believes we can develop AND get results. And, based on 2010, I don't think he was deluded in thinking that would be possible again this year. Like us, perhaps he's had a wake up call, but I think he still takes this basic attitude. I suspect it's what helped him win the job and I hope, is what helps him keep it. It might also lead to some ongoing disappointment...

The question is: results (and injury affected pre-season) aside, are we ahead of this time last year?

I don't think there is cause for losing confidence...

I've quoted Ted from the 'unbridled anger' thread; it's connected I think.

Disappointment arises from unfulfilled (rising) expectations. I reckon Brad sincerely believes we can develop AND get results. And, based on 2010, I don't think he was deluded in thinking that would be possible again this year. Like us, perhaps he's had a wake up call, but I think he still takes this basic attitude. I suspect it's what helped him win the job and I hope, is what helps him keep it. It might also lead to some ongoing disappointment...

The question is: results (and injury affected pre-season) aside, are we ahead of this time last year?

Last season wasn't exactly fantastic, we didn't play finals and didn't beat any decent opposition.

We were 1-3 by rd 4 in 2010 we'd beaten W C at Etihad, probably be 1-3 now had we played them at Etihad.

The true test will be against the Swans, Dogs, Ess, Carlton- see how we go against that lot.

We of course did get thumped by 10 goals in Perth by Freo in 2010.So that was a lot better.

We're a very young side, it will take a while.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Ziebell = Daniel Harris. He'll be a good in & under with a better kick. Otherwise I'm not expecting massive things from him. He has never shown even a hint of being a game controlling, ball carrying midfielder. Handy, but not a champion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back