Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very worried we are going to get crushed next week due to such a hard physical contest in Subi and possibly the cats getting narky if they have been roughed up by the Hawks. Oh well we need to meet the hardest teams under any circumstances. What do they say any team anywhere anytime.

I just watched an Adelaide Oval game on tv for the first time because I missed the crows vs sydney game and obviously i'm at the port games.

Why the hell is the crowd so quiet? If port were up we would be making more noise than the apocalypse.

Had a look through the rest of the draw, and I think we're a chance of ending up at 16 wins and 6 losses, even if we don't beat Geelong, Freo or Hawthorn. Beat one or two of those teams though, and we get some decent breathing space later on.
Lets not get carried away. Just took a look at Collingwoods list, and its pretty ******* solid. They're a real threat I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just watched an Adelaide Oval game on tv for the first time because I missed the crows vs sydney game and obviously i'm at the port games.

Why the hell is the crowd so quiet? If port were up we would be making more noise than the apocalypse.

I wrote a comment in this thread earlier about it being a neutral ground for the Giants...because I couldn't believe how quiet the crowd was either

"Bad: Douglas may get weeks for a perfect footy bump"

"- Douglas probably going to be rubbed out for 1-2 weeks for a perfectly legal bump."

Two mind numbingly stupid posts by Crows supporters. Ward wasn't chasing, just jogging, eyes on the man with the ball and no threat to the ball carrier from the footage I saw.

Lets not get carried away. Just took a look at Collingwoods list, and its pretty ******* solid. They're a real threat I think.
I was being optimistic, although I did factor in a loss to Richmond when we play them :p Just goes to show the importance of grabbing at least one of the matches against Geelong, Freo and Hawthorn. If we can grab two, even better.

"Bad: Douglas may get weeks for a perfect footy bump"

"- Douglas probably going to be rubbed out for 1-2 weeks for a perfectly legal bump."

Two mind numbingly stupid posts by Crows supporters. Ward wasn't chasing, just jogging, eyes on the man with the ball and no threat to the ball carrier from the footage I saw.
There is one guy that is trying to convince everyone that Douglas was just standing still minding his own business.

You guys ready for a good laugh......

Blpwtr0CAAAkLNH.jpg

Obsession-by-Calvin-Klein-4.jpg

I was being optimistic, although I did factor in a loss to Richmond when we play them :p Just goes to show the importance of grabbing at least one of the matches against Geelong, Freo and Hawthorn. If we can grab two, even better.

If I was to be optimistic but realistic I would put the losses down as

1. Hawthorn (Home)
2. Fremantle (Away)
3. Sydney (Away)
4. Essendon (Home)
5. Collingwood (Away)
6. Kangaroos (Done)

Possibly 1-2 more, depending on how we travel however, we were known last year to clinch games back through Sydney and Collingwood. So while we might lose a couple, might gain a couple.

I reckon at least 14, for 6-7 finish
16 wins might get us into 5th
17 will be bloody hard, but would possibly get us into 4th.

It all depends on the season though.

If I was to be optimistic but realistic I would put the losses down as

1. Hawthorn (Home)
2. Fremantle (Away)
3. Sydney (Away)
4. Essendon (Home)
5. Collingwood (Away)
6. Kangaroos (Done)

Possibly 1-2 more, depending on how we travel however, we were known last year to clinch games back through Sydney and Collingwood. So while we might lose a couple, might gain a couple.

I reckon at least 14, for 6-7 finish
16 wins might get us into 5th
17 will be bloody hard, but would possibly get us into 4th.

It all depends on the season though.
Out of those, I think we would have Essendon's measure at home, and would consider us a decent chance of beating Collingwood away again. Perhaps even a sneaky chance of taking down the Swans away too. As you say though, it all depends on the season - we're only 5 rounds in at the moment.

I don't recall seeing those banners when we were belting them by 9 goals, or when a struggling Swans side came over and beat them by 10+ goals. Good to see they're up and about after finally getting a win at our home ground against a bunch of teenagers though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back