Universal Love PAFC International

Remove this Banner Ad

i have the same problem as Scott.I wrote to the club 3 months ago asking for an international membership adding to my platinum membership. The crows launched theirs, weeks ago. The club asked me to patient but i think this is poor timing to launch this as most international fans like me already subscribed to AFL TV. I could really have done with the international membership as i am paying 100 euros to AFL TV regardless. And this is much better value....but the timing was outrageous. Will definitely buy it next year and will get another 10 neutral european fans who subscribe to AFL TV buy this.

i have the same problem as Scott.I wrote to the club 3 months ago asking for an international membership adding to my platinum membership. The crows launched theirs, weeks ago. The club asked me to patient but i think this is poor timing to launch this as most international fans like me already subscribed to AFL TV. I could really have done with the international membership as i am paying 100 euros to AFL TV regardless. And this is much better value....but the timing was outrageous. Will definitely buy it next year and will get another 10 neutral european fans who subscribe to AFL TV buy this.

I would say it would not be the clubs fault, rather the fault of whoever handles the license for these things, and being sluggish to grant us the rights.

Yeah it's shocking timing but as Feel said above, I reckon this one was out of the club's hands. At least this option should be available next year before people sign up for their annual AFL-TV subscription.

There might be some room for movement though. I would suggest trying to cancel your AFL-TV subscription and sign up to the PAFC membership option.

If we are going to recruit an international player from outside Gaelic football, then they have to be at least one of
a) tall and athletic and good hand eye co-ordination
b) have played soccer so they have natural kicking skills
c) if played rugby union or rugby league they must be a kicker - eg Mike Pyke played Fullback and regularly kicked the ball

If we are going to recruit an international player from outside Gaelic football, then they have to be at least one of
a) tall and athletic and good hand eye co-ordination
b) have played soccer so they have natural kicking skills
c) if played rugby union or rugby league they must be a kicker - eg Mike Pyke played Fullback and regularly kicked the ball

You left out.

D) A very wealthy overseas business man who wants his son to play for us and is willing to sponsor us for 3 mill a year ;) lol

Big Announcement was slated for the Bye

Must coincide with the China trip

I suspect it will be that we will play an exhibition or maybe even a pre-season game in HK or Mainland China

Realistically a post mostly for Stanley_Park.

The AFL broadcaster in Canada (TSN) has just announced they're expanding from 2 channels to 5. Given that they lost the NHL rights over the past 4 months, there's going to be a big hole to fill, and they have announced they will be broadcasting a lot of "non-traditional" sports (e.g. hockey, hockey and hockey). Will be interesting to see if there is a significant expansion in coverage of AFL next year.

Realistically a post mostly for Stanley_Park.

The AFL broadcaster in Canada (TSN) has just announced they're expanding from 2 channels to 5. Given that they lost the NHL rights over the past 4 months, there's going to be a big hole to fill, and they have announced they will be broadcasting a lot of "non-traditional" sports (e.g. hockey, hockey and hockey). Will be interesting to see if there is a significant expansion in coverage of AFL next year.

Wow!

Clearly TSN's future is as Planet Football. I'm not sure what the contract is with the NFL, but I guess that will be disappearing off CTV this year. But the problem is that they have a huge hole to fill in June. The only code that runs in June is.... AFL!

My first season living in Canada was 2010, and TSN would put on 1 game a week, and not always. They've never run a promo for AFL of any kind or done anything to let people know it is on. Yet clearly it is rating well enough that they went to 2 games a weekend in 2012. There's a lot of expats in Canada, but there's not that many of us.

Out west, you get your TV through Telus (Optik tv) or Shaw Cable. TSN is part of basic Shaw but Telus puts all the sports channels in a pack that has to be bought. Once I got my membership with watchafl.com.au subscription I ditched my sports package including TSN.

But yeah I think someone should give Gillon McLaughlin a nudge and point out there's a code- wide opportunity out here. Every Canadian that I talked into watching AFL likes it, and with a little bit of seed money we could get ourselves a few more Mike Pykes. There is sort of an opportunity here for Port Adelaide but really the club is focusing, rightly, on China, and I don't think we should take any focus away from that.

But as a code, there's a real opportunity to get a bit of a following in Canada.

..... There is sort of an opportunity here for Port Adelaide but really the club is focusing, rightly, on China, and I don't think we should take any focus away from that.

But as a code, there's a real opportunity to get a bit of a following in Canada.

Is Vancouver still referred to as Hongcouver like in the 1990's when the "yacht people" landed there in the run up to the UK handing back Hong Kong to the Chinese and the desire to find a new passport as the UK wouldn't issue 6 million new ones?? Might be some opportunities there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LIES, DAMNED LIES, AND A QUESTION: WILL THE AFL LET ITSELF BE BUMPED OFF THE ASIA-PACIFIC AIRWAVES.... ?

http://www.smh.com.au/business/fede...broken-promise-on-funding-20140514-zrcdi.html

Treasurer Joe Hockey revealed in Tuesday’s budget that $43.5 million will be cut from the ABC and SBS over four years, with more cuts expected when an efficiency review of the broadcasters is complete. The ABC will also lose funding for the $223 million Australia Network international broadcasting service.

The public broadcasters are warning jobs will be lost, investment in Australian content will decline and innovation will be stymied as a result of the cuts.

On the eve of the 2013 election Tony Abbott promised: “No cuts to education, no cuts to health, no change to pensions, no change to the GST and no cuts to the ABC or SBS.”

Mr Scott said the decision would limit Australia’s soft power in the Asia-Pacific and hit the broadcaster’s domestic offering.

“I wouldn’t underestimate the impact of the Australia Network cut on domestic services,” he said. “There are foreign bureaus funded by the Australia N
ABC managing director Mark Scott told Fairfax Media: “The ABC audience had an expectation there would be no funding cuts. Clear commitments were made not to cut ABC funding before and after the last election – it was unambiguous. This is a very disappointing result.”

In an email to staff Mr Scott said job losses would be inevitable as a result of the cuts.

"If we can not reinvest any savings we find the ABC will be weaker over time and not as relevant to the Australian people," he said.

Mr Scott criticised the government for a lack of consultation on the decision to scrap all funding for the Australia Network.

“I’m very disappointed we have not been able to have detailed discussions with DFAT or the minister about the Australia Network,” he said. “They didn’t want to talk to us about finding savings or where we could cut back.

“I don’t believe there was deep and substantial consultation about this. It was a decision made in our absence.”

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/fede...-on-funding-20140514-zrcdi.html#ixzz31fCyBAX5

Now this on afl.com.au :

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-05-14/budget-cuts-hit-fans

The report misses one relevant point, that this Government's myopic approach to 'soft-power' in the Asia-Pacific area not only threatens to screw existing AFL fans abroad, it also cuts the carriage of the signal into local homes in Asia, making it just a bit harder to grow the game up here. Only just a bit harder, mind you.

PAFC has just secured sponsorship from a bank in Thailand. Problem is, nobody at the Club knows how to pronounce its name, and is calling for help.

A Certain AFL Club in Thailand....jpg

Is Vancouver still referred to as Hongcouver like in the 1990's when the "yacht people" landed there in the run up to the UK handing back Hong Kong to the Chinese and the desire to find a new passport as the UK wouldn't issue 6 million new ones?? Might be some opportunities there.

When I was working in Hong Kong, I remember a lunch meeting we had with some government officials who told me that prior to the hand over from the poms to the PRC, their was a large contingency of wealthy HK people who had planned to buy a huge parcel of land in WA and set up a mini city. Apparently it did not go ahead as they received assurances from Beijing that they would not be affected.

PAFC has just secured sponsorship from a bank in Thailand. Problem is, nobody at the Club knows how to pronounce its name, and is calling for help.

View attachment 60635

Lets hope they manage to get their money without to much graft and corruption ;)

Ps..... I have always loved the Thai writing it is so flowing.

View attachment 60635
I have lived in, and can read Cambodian ... and Thai is very similar. The LARGE writing in the middle reads:
Krop-Kran Lain Sip Cher (English Phonetics = Crop Crun Lane Sip Chur)
Krop-Kran = Perfect
Lein = Place
Sip = 10
Cher = trust

Strapped for time now, but I can translate the rest later when I get home

Very nice avatar LR!
Edit: It was only fair that I go back and like your post.

Hourglass Nancy Kwan had a good run for her money.

Now I'm tempted to change my ID to Soi Cowboy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back