Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.melbournefc.com.au/video/2014-11-21/media-conference-heritier-lumumba

First media conference for Lumumba in Demon colours. One of the only player conferences external to our club that I've listened to the whole way through. He admitted that his speech was a mistake and explains his relationship with Collingwood throughout the years during it. I'm pretty big on him, he sticks to his guns regarding his ethics but at the same time is happy to admit when he's wrong.

I think he is a self righteous dick.

I think he is a self righteous dick.

He had a pretty ****ed up childhood and didn't shy away from any of the tough questions regarding his B&F speech. Wasn't a fan of the speech, but he hasn't gone out taking swings and has (now) attempted to end things on a good note with Collingwood.

He had a pretty ****** up childhood and didn't shy away from any of the tough questions regarding his B&F speech. Wasn't a fan of the speech, but he hasn't gone out taking swings and has (now) attempted to end things on a good note with Collingwood.

David Schwarz saw his father murdered in front of him, blew out his knee four or five times - stunting Careyesque potential - and developed a gambling problem that saw him lose nigh-on seven figures, causing him to go cap-in-hand to his father-in-law for help (has since become a high-profile gambling addiction assistance campaigner).

Didn't feel the need to write a letter to Barack Obama detailing how awesome he is and doesn't preclude him from being called a douchebag when he acts like one either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

David Schwarz saw his father murdered in front of him, blew out his knee four or five times - stunting Careyesque potential - and developed a gambling problem that saw him lose nigh-on seven figures, causing him to go cap-in-hand to his father-in-law for help (has since become a high-profile gambling addiction assistance campaigner).

Didn't feel the need to write a letter to Barack Obama detailing how awesome he is and doesn't preclude him from being called a douchebag when he acts like one either.

Eh, I don't think everyone deals with trauma in the same way and just because Schwarz has coped it with brilliantly in that regard will it mean that Lumumba or someone else will. Like I said, I didn't like his speech on leaving Collingwood, but if he's going for a punt at trying to redeem himself I think he's doing a good job of it. Will see how he performs at Melbourne, however.

Eh, I don't think everyone deals with trauma in the same way and just because Schwarz has coped it with brilliantly in that regard will it mean that Lumumba or someone else will. Like I said, I didn't like his speech on leaving Collingwood, but if he's going for a punt at trying to redeem himself I think he's doing a good job of it. Will see how he performs at Melbourne, however.

That's fine, Harry O Herry L just strikes me as the worst kind of person.

Tries ever so hard to present himself as educated, enlightened and altruistic, when everything he does is gratuitous self-promotion. Me, me, me.

If he was such a saintly citizen of the world he'd STFU, knuckle down and do some hard yards behind the scenes instead of concocting new and exciting ways for us to hear about him - dude is 29 ffs.

That's fine, Harry O Herry L just strikes me as the worst kind of person.

Tries ever so hard to present himself as educated, enlightened and altruistic, when everything he does is gratuitous self-promotion. Me, me, me.
Just because 60% of your likes are from posts bagging Graham Cornes, it doesn't mean you have to confuse everybody with him.

I can't think of the name of the other blond haired centre half back that played with Shwarz.They looked very similar.Anyway I thought he had something tragic happen to him when he was young? I am sure someone will know who I am talking about.

I can't think of the name of the other blond haired centre half back that played with Shwarz.They looked very similar.Anyway I thought he had something tragic happen to him when he was young? I am sure someone will know who I am talking about.

David Neitz ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back