Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D

10522680_10152586535268882_9120383145421064899_n.jpg

I'm convinced we have the best combination of colours in the land, with just the right amount of teal giving out gear a nice Inter Milan-ish look. Every player looks better in our colours.

You look ok in teal yourself big man xx

Got told by a Crows fan tonight that Port has had easy draws for the last two seasons, and more or less suggested that our 2015 draw will show us up as the pretenders we really are. He seemed a little nonplussed when I told him that Port doesn't have a tough draw: we ARE the hard draw :)
Was our 2014 Fixture easy? What when comparable to the draw the Crows had? That is news to me. Anyway, i think last year they'll were ALL sprouting that 2013 was a flash in the pan and that in 2014 we would go back to the bottom and most likely they would've mentioned tarps and 119 in the same sentence. However, we improved on 2013 with what i thought was a reasonably tough draw. 2015 is tougher draw than 2014 but not by too much, the only real difference is we play all the tough sides in the first month.

Does he look bigger and stronger and more handsome in teal or is it just me?

I reckon he looks at least 4 inches taller and twice as strong ..... Lets see when he plays how much more handsomer he is :)

It is all good to be hard at the ball, but in the politically correct footy world today, it's more important to be hard at the man who has the ball or wants to take it off you. Our elimination final was full of these hard, crunching the player moments, so was the grand final in Hawthorn's favour.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

Was our 2014 Fixture easy? What when comparable to the draw the Crows had? That is news to me. Anyway, i think last year they'll were ALL sprouting that 2013 was a flash in the pan and that in 2014 we would go back to the bottom and most likely they would've mentioned tarps and 119 in the same sentence. However, we improved on 2013 with what i thought was a reasonably tough draw. 2015 is tougher draw than 2014 but not by too much, the only real difference is we play all the tough sides in the first month.
You're not going to please Crows fans, whatever the situation. If/when we do well next year, it'll be, "But what about your incredible luck with injuries?" I'm over caring what other people think: one of the great things about the Port Adelaide Football Club is that it continually proves the doubters wrong, and I'm sure 2015 will be no different.

THere is no doubt Monfries is a tough little nugget but he does stage for free kicks too much. There were stages this year where he was looking for the free first, attacking the ball second.
Yeah. Remember that game against North when he dived for a free when the ball was 20 metres away?:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're not going to please Crows fans, whatever the situation. If/when we do well next year, it'll be, "But what about your incredible luck with injuries?" I'm over caring what other people think: one of the great things about the Port Adelaide Football Club is that it continually proves the doubters wrong, and I'm sure 2015 will be no different.

Just tell them as the old saying goes, the harder we work, the luckier we get.

The Clicking of Cuthbert x 3.
The Muskateers' names were ?
Hadn't read that one. The book I was thinking of was "Mike at Wrykyn" with Wrykyn being the fictitious school Mike goes to and the three in blazers being the cricketing Jackson brothers Mike, Bob and Joe.

An error at the publishers caused later copies of the book to be printed as "Mike at Wrykin".

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/video/2014-11-21/media-conference-heritier-lumumba

First media conference for Lumumba in Demon colours. One of the only player conferences external to our club that I've listened to the whole way through. He admitted that his speech was a mistake and explains his relationship with Collingwood throughout the years during it. I'm pretty big on him, he sticks to his guns regarding his ethics but at the same time is happy to admit when he's wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back