Review Winners and Losers in the Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I would not want Port to trade for Docherty

Fair enough. I wouldn't want Carlton to trade him out either.

Three names have been brought up in Broadbent, Impey and Pittard, with only Impey being younger. I thought it worth adding some statistical comparison.

Broadbent
Impey
Pittard

I've got to say, I know stats aren't everything, but Docherty is clearly on the short stick as far as some people rating him, or underrating him in this case. Not sure what more should be expected from a 20yo kid in his first year with a new club after having virtually no preseason due to an injury that ultimately required surgery in February. He clearly started the season behind the eight ball for a number of reasons and yet put in a reasonably good year all considered. I'd say his upside is actually pretty good. Don't get the hate tbh.

Fair enough. I wouldn't want Carlton to trade him out either.

Three names have been brought up in Broadbent, Impey and Pittard, with only Impey being younger. I thought it worth adding some statistical comparison.

Broadbent
Impey
Pittard

I've got to say, I know stats aren't everything,

No, they aren't

Port's defence plays as a unit, individual stats are not the point, it's the effectiveness of the unit, Docherty would not fit in.

Riiiightt! :rolleyes:

It's funny the waffle that is induced when faced with a little objective take on the player.

Your inability to handle the truth as per what Port does and how it plays is not something I need to concern myself with any further.

Your inability to handle the truth as per what Port does and how it plays is not something I need to concern myself with any further.

Amazing that some confuse their unsubstantiated hypotheses with "THE TRUTH". The truth is simply that, statistically at least, Docherty compares very well as a player with his Port counterparts. He might fit in with that Port group and be more effective than an existing player, he might not. Who knows what would happen in alternate universe. Certainly at this point there's nothing to suggest either way, so what we're left with is that as players, they are reasonably comparable; for some reason though, you choose not to be reasonable. That's not my issue.

I've got to say, I know stats aren't everything, but Docherty is clearly on the short stick as far as some people rating him, or underrating him in this case. Not sure what more should be expected from a 20yo kid in his first year with a new club after having virtually no preseason due to an injury that ultimately required surgery in February. He clearly started the season behind the eight ball for a number of reasons and yet put in a reasonably good year all considered. I'd say his upside is actually pretty good. Don't get the hate tbh.

Oh I don't know, perhaps it was because a Carlton fan suggested that Melbourne should have traded their pick 3 for him.

Oh I don't know, perhaps it was because a Carlton fan suggested that Melbourne should have traded their pick 3 for him.
The fact people actually took that poster seriously (who has been banned from the carlton board as he is a known troll under an alias) is sorta hilarious.

The fact people actually took that poster seriously (who has been banned from the carlton board as he is a known troll under an alias) is sorta hilarious.

Why? I don't lurk in other teams boards so how could I possibly know that?

The fact that you expect us to know that is not funny, it's actually quite sad.

/shrug

You guys also did the pick upgrade with Adelaide for no reason. Cockatoo would've been there at 14

I'm not so sure. Freo went hard at midfielders, and had no issues picking one in the first round that missed a bit of footy through injuries. I'm glad we got Weller, but I think we may have been sniffing around Cockatoo.

I'm not so sure. Freo went hard at midfielders, and had no issues picking one in the first round that missed a bit of footy through injuries. I'm glad we got Weller, but I think we may have been sniffing around Cockatoo.
I reckon Geelong traded up in the hope of getting Wright, anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Blues board kinda hilarious and a supporters that suggest hmmm i don't know? Yeah Weller dropping to 19

That's fine anyways, serious question I asked as I rate Doc and kinda to be honest don't see Demons finishing higher than 14 because they don't address certain issues, that's old news

Last edited:
Why? I don't lurk in other teams boards so how could I possibly know that?

The fact that you expect us to know that is not funny, it's actually quite sad.

/shrug

How is that funny, Demons traded Pick 2 last year for a player injured first 2 seasons and a pick. Explain how it's any different in this scenario?

as per the thread are Demons winners? I think 50/50 as they only recruited Lamumba to cover position I mentioned but think his past his best, fair enough?

Only winner I see in the trade/draft period is Hawks

Traded 19 for O'Rouke former pick 2 and reaching right age for impact and picked up Frawley for nothing

Rest have to wait and see as teams who received top10 picks may have made wrong choices plus GWS AND DOGS all lost and gained to cover those losses

Intially I think it was to get Pickett. We readjusted when it became obvious he was going to GWS.

I honestly thought Cats would get either Marchbank or Lever as area Cats will need address soon is the tall defender but see few players developing plus Cockatoo will be a gun so not surprised, took a gamble and soon find out how pans out

I will add im starting to think only real winners other than Hawks were teams that kept low profile come trade week as didn't trade just for sake of trading. Eg Tigers, Eagles, Crows

I think Cats winners with Mitch Clark. North losers for not retaining Greemwood and Pies again not good losing Beama but pulled off decent package for him

Lions did good IMO

You guys also did the pick upgrade with Adelaide for no reason. Cockatoo would've been there at 14
All mail was that West Coast would have taken him at 11.
Wasnt invited to the draft come until late, lot of things were kept under the hat.
Trade with adelaide was the last minute of the draft period to prevent other clubs repositioning.
Cats got their man, also makes sense that WC would have wanted him due to the speed deficiencies, potentially could have even gone to freo since they took weller instead of a KPP.

How is that funny, Demons traded Pick 2 last year for a player injured first 2 seasons and a pick. Explain how it's any different in this scenario?

as per the thread are Demons winners? I think 50/50 as they only recruited Lamumba to cover position I mentioned but think his past his best, fair enough?

WTF are you going on about?

Reread the post I was replying to, my comment had nothing to do with a trade. Regardless of all that, I clearly stated in that post that I didn't think it was funny, so really you failed on all accounts.

WTF are you going on about?

Reread the post I was replying to, my comment had nothing to do with a trade. Regardless of all that, I clearly stated in that post that I didn't think it was funny, so really you failed on all accounts.
Fair enough leave it at that

Btw fair question I asked, and you have ppl here arguing not my business. I agree let's drop issue as the simple question is destined to remain unanswered and time to move on, so your right i failed as question unanswered

Last edited:
All mail was that West Coast would have taken him at 11.
Wasnt invited to the draft come until late, lot of things were kept under the hat.
Trade with adelaide was the last minute of the draft period to prevent other clubs repositioning.
Cats got their man, also makes sense that WC would have wanted him due to the speed deficiencies, potentially could have even gone to freo since they took weller instead of a KPP.

Eagles still picked up a gem with Duggan, highly rated, Cockatoo came into the picture very late but your probs right Eagles might have taken him with 11

Not sure if serious.

For starters Stretch is well known to play on the HBF, he did that in the SANFL.

As for the rest, I really can't be bothered

Neal-Bullen also played HBF for Glenelg seniors in 9 games where he averaged 20 disposals.

And he says Lamumba and Vince are a "quick fix". Both are athletic and should play 60-80 games. It's all part of the cycle of improving.

Who'd argue that Stewie Dew and Brian Lake weren't worthwhile ? Or Jolly/Ball at the Pies. It's about playing a role until they're replaced. As a club we need to continue improving and our balance of youth and maturity is definitely getting better.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back