List of 2015 Free Agents (Updated list in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

The full 2015 free agents list

2015's FREE AGENTS:

ADELAIDE
Patrick Dangerfield
Richard Douglas
Andy Otten
Brent Reilly
Scott Thompson
Brodie Martin

BRISBANE LIONS
Jed Adcock
Matthew Leuenberger

CARLTON
Dennis Armfield
Andrew Carrazzo
David Ellard
Matthew Kreuzer
Chris Judd

COLLINGWOOD
Brent Macaffer

ESSENDON
Courtenay Dempsey
Brent Stanton
Tom Bellchambers
Dustin Fletcher
Tayte Pears
Jason Winderlich

FREMANTLE
Ryan Crowley
Paul Duffield
Michael Johnson
Luke McPharlin
Matthew Pavlich
Aaron Sandilands

GEELONG
Jimmy Bartel
Corey Enright
Tom Hawkins
James Kelly
Steve Johnson
Andrew Mackie
Mathew Stokes

HAWTHORN
Luke Hodge
Sam Mitchell
Matthew Suckling
Brendan Whitecross

MELBOURNE
Colin Garland
Mark Jamar
Nathan Jones

NORTH MELBOURNE
Michael Firrito
Nathan Grima
Brent Harvey
Scott McMahon
Drew Petrie
Andrew Swallow
Robbie Tarrant

PORT ADELAIDE
Kane Cornes
Tom Logan (rookie)

RICHMOND
Nathan Foley
Chris Newman
Alex Rance

ST KILDA
Sean Dempster
Sam Fisher
Sam Gilbert
Jack Steven
Adam Schneider (rookie)

SYDNEY SWANS
Adam Goodes
Heath Grundy
Ted Richards

WEST COAST
Sam Butler
Patrick McGinnity
Scott Selwood
Beau Waters

WESTERN BULLDOGS
Matthew Boyd
Jarrad Grant
Dale Morris
Robert Murphy
Easton Wood

The full 2015 free agents list

That's gotta be accurate.
I was very close to being accurate in the OP. I hadn't added the rookies (Logan and Schneider) and had Keiren Jack and Leigh Montagna on there despite being contracted beyond 2015. Everything else was correct.

Nathan Jones has agree to a new contract, you can take him off the list

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2014-12-18/jones-locked-in-until-2019
Cheers mate. Updated.

Dangerfield, Hawkins and Rance are the most appealing free agents left IMO. Danger and Hawkins could probably both command a million a season if they pursued free agency while Rance could probably get Frawley like money (700-800k).

Dangerfield, Hawkins and Rance are the most appealing free agents left IMO.

I like these players, Leuenberger, Hawkins, Suckling, Whitecross, Andrew Swallow, Rance, Jack Steven, Scott Selwood & Grant

I like these players, Leuenberger, Hawkins, Suckling, Whitecross, Andrew Swallow, Rance, Jack Steven, Scott Selwood & Grant
No interest in Dangerfield? Not that he would ever come to Port.

Out of the names you mentioned Jack Steven is probably the most gettable with how St Kilda have been in recent years. He's from Geelong originally so he probably doesn't have much interest in leaving Victoria.

No interest in Dangerfield? Not that he would ever come to Port.

No, not really.

He's not what we want in our team first attitude

Would Hawkins have any interest in leaving Geelong? I don't think we (Port) would get him but he's the only power forward available in this free agency class.

Would Hawkins have any interest in leaving Geelong? I don't think we (Port) would get him but he's the only power forward available in this free agency class.

I would expect a cavalcade of suitors to throw bags of cash at him - especially after the Boyd deal. And it may, more than lilely, force GFC to push their numbers above the 850k mark. Thing is, TH likes where he is at and can forgo a certain % of $$ to keep the stays quo - call it the hometown discount if you will which I don't think is unrealistic but by no means guarantees commitment.

If by April / May it is still unresolved, then the concern will ratchet up for mine. From what I gather, both sides are already talking and the XMAS period has given pause. Once truing gets going again and into the preseason proper, Id expect more news.

Go Catters

Probably not, but I reckon Freo, Brisbane, ST Kilda and The Bulldogs will all be throwing huge offers in front of him.

Having blown their Boyd wad already, I don't think that is realistic. Freo could ask but knowing what I've I hear about who he wouldn't have a beer with, i'm not too concerned there. The other with deep pockets are surely a potential issue. I would add Carlton too - have they not cleared a bunch of space?

Go Catters

Having blown their Boyd wad already, I don't think that is realistic. Freo could ask but knowing what I've I hear about who he wouldn't have a beer with, i'm not too concerned there. The other with deep pockets are surely a potential issue. I would add Carlton too - have they not cleared a bunch of space?

Go Catters
Fair enough, don't think he will leave anyway but we will have a war chest to play with once Pav and Mac retire, and Sandi not too far behind.

A lot of chatter on the Crows sub-forum that Dangerfield has already made up his mind and will be heading to Geelong at the end of the season...

Strange article on www.footywire.com.

Here's what the article says:
Speculation behind Patrick Dangerfield's possible departure from Adelaide increased further on Wednesday when he was overlooked by Crows coach Phil Walsh for the club's captaincy in favour of Taylor Walker.

Adelaide coach Phil Walsh says he will continue to play a straight bat to the feverish media speculation about star midfielder Patrick Dangerfield's future.

"People read into these things whatever they like, but I'm very comfortable with the situation of all our players at this footy club," Walsh said.

"I don't answer it, (I will) just say, 'Look that will look after itself'. Basically, that's what will happen.

Here's the headline:

Last edited:
sounds like a meshing of several articles from the week. GFC have said that they would be interested but that he is a contracted player until the end of the year. Mitch Duncan echoed the same ideal.

TEx got the captaincy gig in the same week.

And its Jan 18.

LONG time till Oct 2015.

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised how little talk there has been about Rance and his impending free agency. He is a current AA CHB and will be just 25 years old when he becomes a free agent in October. Word is Freo are after him which isn't overly surprising given their need for a player like that and the fact that Rance is from WA. An article yesterday claimed Rance has delayed contract talks a few times already so perhaps he is considering leaving tigerland.

For now it seems to be all about Dangerfield and Hawkins to a lesser degree. We all know defenders often get overlooked but I really think Rance is one to keep an eye on, especially considering the Tigers are yet to lock up Dustin Martin and are probably putting more effort (and money) into getting Martin's signature.

How about the ruckmen? Leuenberger, Kreuzer and Bellchambers are all on the market at this point in time.

Carlton's salary cap is meant to be pretty much bursting at the seams just at the moment and an article on the situation recently which included quotes from Carlton didn't exactly have me super-confident that they would have a huge amount of room clear at the end of this year either.

Carlton's salary cap is meant to be pretty much bursting at the seams just at the moment and an article on the situation recently which included quotes from Carlton didn't exactly have me super-confident that they would have a huge amount of room clear at the end of this year either.

Hawk has stated specifically about the contract that he loves playing at Geelong and that the deal will get done.

Of course, he has not signed the deal yet but its better to hear that than im considering my options.

GO Catters

Franklin said that he loves playing at Hawthorn and would hate to leave but we all know how that turned out.

I think Hawkins will leave.

no-one knows Though

What makes you think he will leave?

GO Catters

This is a rule to further assist the new expansion teams - GWS and Suns. They can continue to pilfer players knowing that they are years away from having to face free agency. I am tipping a few clubs will have long memories and count down the days until their players are included in FA.
Interesting reading the link here:
That to be eligible for FA they have to have spent 8 years with the club. It doesn't say "AFL" years with the club. So for the players who played with the VFL in 2010 they would be eligible for FA in 2017 (Swallow, McKenzie, Smith, Matera etc). There are also a handful who played in Gold Coast's 2009 TAC team - most significantly Zac Smith. Were they "with the club" then? If that is the case, Smith is eligible for FA next year (I think Thompson is the only other one in that position).

So they may have to start worrying about it quite soon.

That to be eligible for FA they have to have spent 8 years with the club. It doesn't say "AFL" years with the club. So for the players who played with the VFL in 2010 they would be eligible for FA in 2017 (Swallow, McKenzie, Smith, Matera etc). There are also a handful who played in Gold Coast's 2009 TAC team - most significantly Zac Smith. Were they "with the club" then? If that is the case, Smith is eligible for FA next year (I think Thompson is the only other one in that position).

Good. Let the pendulum swing back towards centre a bit more.

GO Catters

No way will it work out like that. Look up the actual player rules/CBA clauses governing FA, don't use the AFL's website which is only intended for fans, not for actual player and league decisions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back