Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I've got an old south Melbourne VFL Guernsey now I remember, might try and find today
According to Mero's footyjumpers.com
South-1932.gif

South-1977.gif
I think it was a bit thicker in reality however, with the inconsistencies of making every jumper by hand
main_1971_vfl_mobil_football_card_photo_portraits_15_peter_bedford_south_melbourne.jpg

Nice to see that someone else appreciates why this year is such a disappointment.

We were touted as top four material by most of the media and most of our supporters yet we have not even troubled the top eight this year. In previous years our disappointment has revolved around losing finals that we expected to win and I include the SANFL years of 1976 and 1984 in that. This year is different because our disappointment has extended over months of sub standard efforts, lame excuses and tiresome promises. Our failure to deliver after the improvement of 2013-14 makes this the most disappointing year I can recall in almost sixty years of following Port Adelaide.

In the off season Ken Hinkley faces his biggest challenge thus far. There are list adjustments, mindset adjustments and maybe off field personnel changes that need to be made. I would like to to be a fly on the wall during the end of year review. I suspect there may be one or two bigger names whose future at the PAFC is discussed.

Yesterday I watched a U tube clip of a guy with a guitar singing 'Magpies Expect to Win'. The clip also included voice overs by Russell Johnson, Bruce Abernethy, Martin Leslie and others. In ya face and arrogant but that is what we need to get back to. Accepting defeat is not good enough and if Ken Hinkley wanted to get the message across he could do worse than play that clip to the present crew.

Sorry to digress but you are right PAFC66 this has been a disappointing year.

` Almost 60 years of following Port Adelaide ' - you obviously didn't go to the footy until you were at least 10 years old mt. ;)

Press red for ED pies loss to Dees is on Fox now tune in for tears

I love how they probably chose the game because they thought it a sure thing.

Leigh Matthews on 7 while going through the Port-Saints highlights with Nepotism McLachlan:

"Wingard's like Rioli in a way, they don't need 30 or 40 touches to have an impact..."

#urgetokill

The vast # of EMPTY seats for games featuring the so called BIG :rolleyes: clubs of the AFL in prime time slots is alarming.
For the #'s that SA teams draw to AO is surely deserving of better from the fixture.
Todays crowd will be interesting. If we get 40k I'd be wrapt.
Next years fixture might well be driven by the TV industry coz surely Carlton and Essendon can't continue their dream run.
Incidently how much does 23k at Etihad last week cost us ???????????????? genuine Q if anybody has the answer
When Port were s**t we were told we don't get good time slots as no one goes to our games. Now we get people to our games we are told we don't get good time slots as people do go to our games.

To be fair if they just split that awful run of Sunday twilight over the season instead of in a row it would have been much better. Just the rage of almost every Friday night involving Carlton. Can't wait for next years excuses as no one can seriously tip them as a finals contenders, they get worse crowds then us and we now in the AO era of our own license are shitting on their membership figures from a great height. I'm sure Gil is brainstorming excuses with Triggy right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the Doggies-Bombers game. The Doggies play an exciting brand of football. It's really good to watch. A pity that style of football isn't a criterion for getting Friday night games.

I have admiration for the Doggies. They punch above their weight for a small club. Have brought in real good players through smart and agressive recruiting and drafting. They could do a bit of damage in the finals.

Leigh Matthews on 7 while going through the Port-Saints highlights with Nepotism McLachlan:

"Wingard's like Rioli in a way, they don't need 30 or 40 touches to have an impact..."

#urgetokill

The myth of Rioli is built on a single AA season in 2012. You'd be mistaken for thinking he was a Crows player.

Watching the Doggies-Bombers game. The Doggies play an exciting brand of football. It's really good to watch. A pity that style of football isn't a criterion for getting Friday night games.

I have admiration for the Doggies. They punch above their weight for a small club. Have brought in real good players through smart and agressive recruiting and drafting. They could do a bit of damage in the finals.

Let's smash them this weekend with our own brand of Port Adelaide footy.

The only reason I have any confidence facing the Bulldogs is their forwards are all that in between size that rarely smashes us. top notch small or power forwards smash us.

Cam Mooney just gave the slickest piece of boundary comms and neither Derm, Johnson nor Dwayne picked it up.

GWS' Jed Lamb burned Lachie Whitfield who was wide open running into an open goal to kick it himself and spray it.

"[DEADPAN]: He looked a bit sheepish there did Lamb, needed a shepherd"

Crickets.

Goodness me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back