Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To quote Sam (Cheesey Mac ) He's the Stephen Trigg of coaching.

Forgetting the enormous issue that has made his position untenable, he's still in the chair despite a woefully s**t performance in the job he was hired to do.
Honestly surprised he doesn't post here. He's a goodun, Sam.

To quote Sam (Cheesey Mac ) He's the Stephen Trigg of coaching.

Forgetting the enormous issue that has made his position untenable, he's still in the chair despite a woefully s**t performance in the job he was hired to do.
One might suggest that he's the Bronwyn Bishop of coaching.....

Is carlile coming back.. Crameri will worry us...

:drunk:

Carlile wouldn't play on Crameri even if he was fit. Clurey and Hombsch probably a better fit for those big strong medium sized forwards they've got whereas Carlile would be left to cover whatever ruckman/quasi-forward they float down there.

Last edited:
The Crows results post Walsh are actually better than the likely outcome is he ws there.

Club Walsh Without
Geelong 0 2
Port 2 4
Gold Coast 4 4
Sydney 0 0

By my reckoning they have 4 more points than they would otherwise have got (6 irl). The emotion allowed them to win the showdown (which with Walsh we could say was 50/50) and they were given the draw against Geelong.

Couple of goal reviews that caused a bit of controversy over the weekend. Chad's wasn't shown on the afl website and was a goal anyway, although whe I originally saw it I thought it was a behind. My opinion may have been affected by Schulz dropping the ball in the square and burning what could have been a sure goal to himself.
There was one very much like the Jenkins "mark" in the Showdown, where the goal umpire called it in the field of play but his legs were over the line. This one looked a bit less clear cut in that Rosa's foot was on the line, and there was insufficient camera angle to overturn the decision. The other was simply wrong, and was when Matthew Wright grabbed the ball in the goalsquare at the SCG and got it onto his foot well before it crossed the line. The change in direction could be seen, how it was not given a goal is beyond me. Not that it would have made any difference and as it would make Studley and Stupid fume it was an alright decision by me.

Geelong are s**t. The Crows would've smashed them at AO, the same way that we should have.
So they'd have 2 more points there and likely 4 less versus us. They were up to smash us and we were tentative about roughing them up. And even then a 3 point win to them with the umpires also afraid to look like they were picking on them (the mark over the line for a point not reviewed).

Sydney are a class above Adelaide anyway so it's hard to know if this is the start of them 'hitting the wall' now they can't run on pure emotion anymore and will be s**t from here to seasons end, or just they are that bad. Given they were a good chance to lose to GC until Ablett went off who knows?

Looks as if Hird is gone. I come to this conclusion because the Essendon CEO has publicly stated that his job is safe - when you hear that, you know it's just a matter of time before the axe falls.
Nope its when you hear the president say his job is safe that you know he is gone. The real power sits with Paul Little. He is the one who has to pay out Hird and make sure the bodies stay buried.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Little is playing the patience game with Hird IMO. The poor results will be used as the catalyst to get rid of him when in reality he should have gone years ago now.

Little is playing the patience game with Hird IMO. The poor results will be used as the catalyst to get rid of him when in reality he should have gone years ago now.
Correct. If he sacked Hird, Hird was going to spill his guts. This way he serves out most of his contract, the s**t results continue and they can justify sacking him because he cant get the team to win games of footy. Expect the axe to fall betwèen rounds 15 to 18 next year a few weeks before his contract is up.

Has there been a bigger PR fall from grace than James Hird? Not just the height he fell from, but the level he has stooped.
And yet I got an e-mail today from an Essendon fan, who still insists that Hird has done nothing wrong. This fan also hopes and prays that their golden child hangs onto his job. I hope so too, but for a different reason.

And yet I got an e-mail today from an Essendon fan, who still insists that Hird has done nothing wrong. This fan also hopes and prays that their golden child hangs onto his job. I hope so too, but for a different reason.

How can they possibly still be so brainwashed? It just defies logic that anyone could still back him anymore.

They will never recover if they don't sack this campaigner soon
Unfortunately they will. Idiots buying memberships and sponsors still on board despite him figuratively shitting on the club every other week. I can understand Bombers fans still supporting the club, we're fanatics here. I like to think if it'd been our club (though we haven't and I can never see us stooping to such tactics), we'd have been as a supporter base much more demanding that all responsible were gone, rather than making excuses for them. No one person is bigger than a club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back