If we made another grand final will you go?

Remove this Banner Ad

Assuming he understands everything and is passionate, age shouldn't be a worry.
My first final was Adelaide 07 when I was 9 and I still look foundly back on it and am thankful for the experience.
Hope you can get there this year as they'll never forget it!

My youngest is four. He's been to a few games already but this would be a new order of magnitude for him.

Absolutely!! Went 08/12/13/14 and there is nothing like being there for a GF. Don't care where I sit just as long as I'm there. Sat up the top in 2013 and was still worth being there.
Best was last year sitting next to the sydney cheer squad in a small pocket of hawks supporters while their team crumbled then spent the last qtr drinking with Darren Jarman cheering the boys home.

If you get the chance to go, take it

I dont care if their is no money to feed the kids for a couple of weeks.
KkAjX39.gif

I dont want to miss this.
This would be worth the big bucks alone look at the shitme player's expression, that was juda's expression the rest of the evening...2014 was magic!

$350 is 23% of 1500. $75 is only 12% of $580. Wages have increased roughly 3 times since 1991. Ticket prices have increased 4.5 times. Tickets are definitely less affordable in 2015 than 1991.

$350 is 23% of 1500. $75 is only 12% of $580. Wages have increased roughly 3 times since 1991. Ticket prices have increased 4.5 times. Tickets are definitely less affordable in 2015 than 1991.
It would take too long to discuss this economically. It's not that simple. You have to take lots of other things into consideration. A 22" hunk of a tv in 1991 cost you $1500. Today an equivalent tv for our time costs you $1000. A 286 computer cost you $3000. Today something equivalent for the modern times costs you $500 etc etc....you have way more money in your pocket. Thats why despite houses being a lot more expensive people have more to spend. Otherwise we would not see record crowds, record memberships, people willing to pay for fox footy and telstra streaming etc. We have much more money than we did in 1991.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flights booked, accommodation booked, GF tickets paid for...just need our boys to hold up their end of the bargain.

Baring some serious illness requiring hospitalisation, I'll never miss one. Been to 86/87/88/89/91/08/12/13/14. Hated 87 and 12 but the rest were great. My old man had been to every GF that Hawthorn every sued in until he missed 13 following a heart bypass. He made 14 though. It's expensive, but I don't drink, I don't smoke and barely go out due to work, so I find a way.

Went to 13 and 14.

Still yet to see a loss :)

Would have loved to see 08 though. I reckon that would have been the best.
08 rocked! It was such s hot day but it was amazing and to see Crawfs last game made it all the more special!! The atmosphere was electric!

It would take too long to discuss this economically. It's not that simple. You have to take lots of other things into consideration. A 22" hunk of a tv in 1991 cost you $1500. Today an equivalent tv for our time costs you $1000. A 286 computer cost you $3000. Today something equivalent for the modern times costs you $500 etc etc....you have way more money in your pocket. Thats why despite houses being a lot more expensive people have more to spend. Otherwise we would not see record crowds, record memberships, people willing to pay for fox footy and telstra streaming etc. We have much more money than we did in 1991.
Some items are relatively more expensive. Some items are relatively less expensive. Tickets are more expensive. If you are spending more on housing and more on gf tickets which are both relatively more expensive, if all other items are relatively the same price you are necessarily giving something up to afford housing and gf tickets. Another test is cpi. At an annual rate of 3% since 1991 $75 is worth $152.45 in today's money. Tickets are more than double that price which means they have risen at a faster rate than both wages and cpi so by no economic measure are they more affordable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back