Traded James Aish [traded to Collingwood for #26 and St Kilda's 2016 second round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

wait and see what the pies can package together... but I cant see why the Lions should be bother from changing their stance if 2nd round stuff is tabled up. Fingers crossed the Crows come back into the picture

Pick 13 from the Crows would be best for all parties you'd imagine.

Crows need a smooth outside mid.

Lions save face/get a good pick.

Aish gets to one of his (presumed) preferred clubs.

Well we don't want a mid 20s pick and a VFL player. If Collingwood want him badly enough, they'll have to make an offer too good to refuse.
If you're referring to Ox, he played 17 senior games this year. Hardly a 'VFL player'. Given your mob is rumoured to be chasing him hard, I think that you and your club aren't really on the same page.

fair chance it isn't a bluff call like the Pies "Friday deadline or no trade" threat

EFA.

I'm curious between yourself, BRAB, dlanod and TBD (when not s**t stirring) I feel like I'm most likely to get a rational response to this question.

Would you feel that the club were justified in their stance were he to get through to Collingwood via the ND?

To pre-empt the question of how we'll get that pick let Collingwood worry about that because that's where their energies will be spent. I'm moreso interested in how a Ross Lyon stance will be accepted in the washup.

I'm also acutely aware that this isn't an Aish/ Collingwood issue, but one of player retention I just have doubts on the benefits of this move aiding player retention.

wait and see what the pies can package together... but I cant see why the Lions should be bother from changing their stance if 2nd round stuff is tabled up. Fingers crossed the Crows come back into the picture

Aish said he wants to go to Victoria. So it will be Carlton for nothing or Collingwood for something.ie 2 second rounders

You don't have the players or the picks to get the deal done though so off to Carlton James will go
Or he'll nominate for the ND, stipulate a one year contract and tell any club who picks him that he will request a trade the next year.

There are ways around these things. Pickering is a ruthless bastard, and he has a reputation for getting his players where they want to go.

If you're referring to Ox, he played 17 senior games this year. Hardly a 'VFL player'. Given your mob is rumoured to be chasing him hard, I think that you and your club aren't really on the same page.

We won't be bending over backwards for him, and he won't be part of a mid 20s pick and Oxley trade. He's a back pocket depth player, sure we'll have him for nothing, but he ain't worth fighting over

We won't be bending over backwards for him, and he won't be part of a mid 20s pick and Oxley trade. He's a back pocket depth player, sure we'll have him for nothing, but he ain't worth fighting over
You don't chase depth players in trades, you chase players who you feel have a good chance of being best 22.

A lot of pies fans are having a good laugh at these kind of comments. It's pretty much the Crisp scenario last year reversed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of interest, has there been much outside of Bigfooty that has mentioned Brisbane being interested in Oxley?

EFA.

I'm curious between yourself, BRAB, dlanod and TBD (when not s**t stirring) I feel like I'm most likely to get a rational response to this question.

Would you feel that the club were justified in their stance were he to get through to Collingwood via the ND?

To pre-empt the question of how we'll get that pick let Collingwood worry about that because that's where their energies will be spent. I'm moreso interested in how a Ross Lyon stance will be accepted in the washup. I'm also acutely aware that this isn't an Aish/ Collingwood issue, but one of player retention.

good question... TBH yesterday I was like "@#$% Yeah" in response to the Lions hardline stance. And although I still understand why they have that stance I think we should find a deal. Whether that is with the Pies or not

I would be pissed if Aish made it through to the pies 2nd round pick (26?) in the ND. It would make the Lions hard stance look stupid. I doubt that would happen. People bring up ball a lot but forget to remember he was nearing the end of his career and looked awful at the saints (not to say he was a bad player at the Pies/quite the opposite). Aish would have a heap of currency in the ND, and especially with the crows at pick 13 who would back themselves to keep Aish happy back in his home town

Still I struggle atm to see how the Pies can put up an adequate deal knowing they will need a big deal to get Treloar in... This could just get messy with the Lions either sticking to the "No trade" stance or asking for a 1st round pick (10-15?), and then the Pies arguing a player should get to where they want to go despite potentially not having much to offer on the trade table

For the Lions Aish couldnt have picked a worse club to ask to be traded too

I dont get the Collingwoods fans massive overrating of Seedsman. He ISNT the second coming.

Just another plodder, maybe they can package him up with Oxley and Jessie White so we can get our NEAFL team back on track

Pickering said today he wouldn't have let James select a club without being fully confident a trade / route to that club has been mapped out.

Out of interest, has there been much outside of Bigfooty that has mentioned Brisbane being interested in Oxley?
Not that I've seen, which is why I was at pains to put the word 'rumoured' in my sentence.
It's certainly very plausible though. Ox is out of contract, and a Qld boy who's just had somewhat of a breakout year. I don't think anyone would be shocked if he announced he wanted to go to the Lions.

Just another plodder, maybe they can package him up with Oxley and Jessie White so we can get our NEAFL team back on track
Have you seen your team mate, they would all finish top 10 in Brisbanes best and fairest.

Banter aside, Oxley would easily be best 22 for Brisbane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back