Training 2015/16 preseason training (discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

You would think if freo had any concerns about losing mora tomorrow they wouldn't be publicly saying how good he's feeling, let alone letting him train

Fingers crossed karma doesn't bite us in the ass

You would think if freo had any concerns about losing mora tomorrow they wouldn't be publicly saying how good he's feeling, let alone letting him train

Fingers crossed karma doesn't bite us in the ass

There is probably an unwritten rule that if a club cuts a player from their main list and publicly declares they will rookie them, other clubs stay away.

Tbh I'm more excited about seeing mora today then bennell

We've been on this emotional roller coaster with him - just want to see the kid get what he deserves

I thought I saw a photo of Brady running with Sutty, could be wrong though - wasn't sure if he'd be back on the track yet after his shoulder surgery.
More lookers than players this morning.Nice to see Gaskin and Fred and great to meet Dannythedoorman.
Not much to add from Gaskins report but the positive was that there where no stragglers on the runs. Hannath surprised by keeping up with Taberner.
Footballs came out very early in the session and skills were OK considering the lay of. Mora looked great and completed a full session without any strapping on his knees.We were told that he is pain free for the first time in a long time but were also reminded its only the first day. Hughes has bulked up and looks great,the Irishman also trained well. Clancee,DeLuca and Sutcliffe ran laps with Clancee looking trim and with a new hair cut. Neale and Crozier led the runs by a good margin. Bennell looked fit and finished a full session.. The training the house down award must go to Mora just because we love him.:):rainbow::rainbow:[
More lookers than players this morning.Nice to see Gaskin and Fred and great to meet Dannythedoorman.
Not much to add from Gaskins report but the positive was that there where no stragglers on the runs. Hannath surprised by keeping up with Taberner.
Footballs came out very early in the session and skills were OK considering the lay of. Mora looked great and completed a full session without any strapping on his knees.We were told that he is pain free for the first time in a long time but were also reminded its only the first day. Hughes has bulked up and looks great,the Irishman also trained well. Clancee,DeLuca and Sutcliffe ran laps with Clancee looking trim and with a new hair cut. Neale and Crozier led the runs by a good margin. Bennell looked fit and finished a full session.. The training the house down award must go to Mora just because we love him.:):rainbow::rainbow:

I thought I saw a photo of Brady running with Sutty, could be wrong though - wasn't sure if he'd be back on the track yet after his shoulder surgery.

You would be correct

12294658_10153420824729317_8774381562388516333_n.jpg

Well they both look like they've come back in good nick....any idea how long before they would be back into full training?

It is what it is.
Today was first of the pre-season and they completed the full session.
There wasn't exactly a re-hab group. Clancee, sutty, and Brady were doing a series of runs under tutelage on the scoreboard wing for about 25 minutes while a group of thirteen were working up the middle.
They then all joined as one group.
Today, as you would expect was a moderate intensity session and they were all in it.

I was intrigued watching Hale showing some shimmys to Anthony Rock.
I counted eight assistant coaches and other assistants out there. ( Kinda funny with sixteen players )

Last edited:
Well they both look like they've come back in good nick....any idea how long before they would be back into full training?

No idea. At this stage it's mainly just running and a bit of non contact ball work. Once the older guys come back next week and they get the 3km time trial out the way then we will get an idea of how they are going. I didn't see Brady but Sutty looked perfectly fine to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Crozier, Neale and Sutcliffe there it's a little surprising that Sheridan wasn't there.
There is probably an unwritten rule that if a club cuts a player from their main list and publicly declares they will rookie them, other clubs stay away.
There have been a few. Richmond took Banfield when Brisbane wanted to keep him, and last year Geelong took Delaney when North wanted to keep him. I can't think of any that were injury related though.

I think the Scharenberg ACL injury today shows that people with cursed knees just keep having problems at AFL level. I'd love Mora to be the exception and I think the rookie list is the right place for him to be.

The first pre-season in some time where we haven't had Craig Moller trailing behind the pack...

Was Josh Deluca there? Or any WAFL players given permission to train?

Deluca was there but he was working on his own. No WAFL players were there.

We were told that Sherro was out earlier before the others.
Yeah the Lachie Neale interview video had that Tommy was a bit crook so trained earlier.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back