News Lewis Taylor charged over crime spree (and stealing a seatbelt buckle)

Remove this Banner Ad

Silly thing to do. But FWIW I had a minor indiscretion a year or so back where I scraped & dented the bumper bar and one panel of a clapped out late 80's toyota hi-ace van. The price to repair from insurance came back at around 5k.

Funny how people immediately want to minimise something (the old "nothing to see here" get rolled out yet?) when it involves their club.

And yet others want to make it into the crime of the century.

Weird.

Funny how people immediately want to minimise something (the old "nothing to see here" get rolled out yet?) when it involves their club.

Weird.

Nobody has been downplaying it. They've been putting it into perspective against the piss in your pants hysteria of Leemas.

Weird.

STOP OVER/UNDERREACTING POBT!

*POBT likes this.

I cant help myself...
2agojma.gif

Weird.
crimes of this nature are general pretty subjective when trying to rank their severity though I guess.

Probably no right or wrong answer (well except Leemas view which I find pretty OTT).

Onto the matter at hand (because we NEED another opinion), it was a dumb thing, and I'm guessing yeah, the club and leadership group have had their say. This is the inevitable delay of the court and police systems and it sneaking into the public domain. The fan always feels like they're the last to know and the disappointment is a an understandable reaction, the hysteria less so.

It was dumb, and to be honest, unexpected from a guy I have met, generously gave his time to my son when he didn't need to and has played like a trooper for us. The courts and media will have their way with him, and the silly clown has provided every opposition player with some prime sledging material. He has said he will pay it back (note, his mate has not) and has admitted guilt. That takes a degree of character, something he is now learning to build I hope.

POBT i have to confess I think the Aker defence will always be in play in any case like this, "He's acted like a dickhead, but he's OUR dickhead!"

Last edited:
Leemas reaction probably was a bit OTT, but he certainly has a point. Being under the influence does not excuse Lewy of his disgusting acts. Should be a suspension + fines at mimimum. Need to set an example when it comes to this sort of thing
I'd suggest there will be fines from the law courts.

Unless we have a pending sponsorship with pick-a-part, I honestly don't see why the club needs to impose additional sanctions. They've no doubt spoken to him and have given counselling. How is giving him a penalty in addition to what he receives from the law going to help? Save the club based sanctions for times when a player does something stupid that is not necessarily illegal, or that they can't be charged for. Things like getting court on camera snorting mysterious white powder...

Given it happened 13 months ago, the club may have imposed some internal sanction or behavioral clause. They've probably also done a good job supporting Taylor though, given this is the first anyone has heard about it.

Being pissed isn't an excuse to be a knob. Smashing car windows sober or not is never appropriate in any society. All you lewy lovers defending him is ridiculous. I can understand a mistake but not just breaking one but 4 my god you know what your doing is wrong yet he continued to do it. .
It was in a wrecking yard. Smashed cars & stuff. There is a reasonable chance that the worst he thought he was doing was trespass.
It was childish, wrong and expensive. He will/has been dealt with,so let's not confuse/compare this with assault, major theft or arson. He broke some broken cars. They weren't his, and it cost the owner income. "Criminal", but get some perspective.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No excuse for this disgraceful act. Cost the wrecking company 10k in damages which is a lot of cash if you are struggling business. Hope he gets punished accordingly and forced to apologise to the wrecking company. I don't understand how people are downplaying the crime just because he is a Lions player. Have a hard look at yourself... what if your son or daughter done something like this? How would you feel? "Oh it's okay, I used to get up to mischief when I was younger... nothing to see here."

No excuse for this disgraceful act. Cost the wrecking company 10k in damages which is a lot of cash if you are struggling business. Hope he gets punished accordingly and forced to apologise to the wrecking company. I don't understand how people are downplaying the crime just because he is a Lions player. Have a hard look at yourself... what if your son or daughter done something like this? How would you feel? "Oh it's okay, I used to get up to mischief when I was younger... nothing to see here."
No-one has said "It's alright".

Important to note that whilst Lewy has made admissions, we don't know exactly what those admissions are, or what actually occurred.
We all know better than to believe what is reported in the media.
Sure he's not innocent, but we don't even know exactly what he's guilty of.
Yeah pretty much what Skoop said. Very easy to jump to conclusions. I'm not sure I have seen anyone downplaying as such, more arguing for perspective against more severe crimes.

Of course everyone's defending our lewy. This is insane. Seen all the pitchforks come out for Nixon, daw, the Hawthorne blokes, all the St Kilda scandals. What if someone claimed the Hawthorne guys were drunk and under the influence of mates as I've seen throughout the thread. No one see the irony? Look at how little sympathy Albert proud got? But he was drunk!!!! Under the influence of mates and his mrs was probably asking for it. Crime is crime. Period. No clubs suspension is nuts. I'm glad he's taken ownership and I'm sure he's a great kid but come on. What's really got me going is how you are all claiming the media are making a big go of it and it's not a big deal. Well Albert only beat his girlfriend half to death..... He's not that bad come on guys!!!!! Oh the irony the rose coloured glasses. Like I said crime is crime period. That's all I have to say on the matter.

Dude they were junked cars in the wreckers..... Not cars on the street.

Still private property and the wrong thing to do...... But I can see how an 18 year old drunk boy thought he wasn't doing any harm to cars already scrapped.

y9fzP4m.jpg

How can you stay mad at that face.

Seriously though, if Steele says the actual details are different to the "Rampage" headlines - I believe him, especially after what happened with the academy player incident.

How quickly did the media backtrack after that..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back