Training 2015/16 preseason training (discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

You've got a problem with anger management Danny. Probably should look for a different career. Doormen have a bad enough reputation in Perth as it is.
I will gladly come to training as soon as I finish work. I've met up with Jedi, sheriff, Salim, coulda and others when I can. But not this Wednesday. Still working.

And yes I am interested in him. But hopefully we won't get a good enough draft pick to get him. I questioned (someone who should know) his height and was told he had grown since the numbers in this article were taken:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-11-26/the-next-batch-whos-the-pick-of-the-2016-draft-crop

This photo shows him as being tiny compared to David Mundy
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=UlVUWVI2LW0zMnFMY29CaTc3Qm1JaGdmUU9Wa2tB
But maybe it's just a matter of perspective.

In this photo, he doesn't seem much shorter than Barlow and de Boer:
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=UlVUWVI2LW0zMnFMY29CaTc3Qm1JaGdmUU9Wa2tB

I'm not sure if the links work. But if you copy and paste into your browser, that worked for me. Edit: works.

Great Pics ,thanks for posting.

You've got a problem with anger management Danny. Probably should look for a different career. Doormen have a bad enough reputation in Perth as it is.
I will gladly come to training as soon as I finish work. I've met up with Jedi, sheriff, Salim, coulda and others when I can. But not this Wednesday. Still working.

And yes I am interested in him. But hopefully we won't get a good enough draft pick to get him. I questioned (someone who should know) his height and was told he had grown since the numbers in this article were taken:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-11-26/the-next-batch-whos-the-pick-of-the-2016-draft-crop

I'm not sure if the links work. But if you copy and paste into your browser, that worked for me. Edit: works.
I am not a Doorman in real life but my Nickname was chosen in respect of my Dad Danny who was the Doorman at South freo for 18yrs and was awarded a Certificate of Merit. I was a 42 year career Public servant working in Facilities Management and Project Management. Telling you where to get off in a direct manner after you didnt accept my comments about the guys size is hardly requiring anger management.

Thanks for the links. I can say that from data from a Footy Record from last year he is smaller than Suban and Spurr and is 3 cm bigger than Walters so he isn't that big at 180cm and 73 kg as per WAFL data and his weight is 1kg less than Ed Langdon and 3 kg shy of SonSon's weight. If you have been offended by my comments I offer you my apologies.

Last edited:

I am not a Doorman in real life but my Nickname was chosen in respect of my Dad Danny who was the Doorman at South freo for 18yrs and was awarded a Certificate of Merit. I was a 42 year career Public servant working in Facilities Management and Project Management. Telling you where to get off in a direct manner after you didnt accept my comments about the guys size is hardly requiring anger management.

Thanks for the links. I can say that from data from a Footy Record from last year he is smaller than Suban and Spurr and is 3 cm bigger than Walters so he isn't that big at 180cm and 73 kg as per WAFL data and his weight is 1kg less than Ed Langdon and 3 kg shy of SonSon's weight. If you have been offended by my comments I offer you my apologies.

All good Danny. The doorman comment was said in jest, especially with the incident on the weekend with the Premier's son.
I asked " are you sure of this?" Then explained what I'd heard. Hardly not accepting your comments, and certainly not deserving of "I don't give a s**t...you obviously know better"
I clearly don't know better (we can both agree on that!), which is why I was asking.
Danny, I have enjoyed your reports and look forward to meeting you down at Freo and shaking your hand. When posters ask stupid questions, please be a little more patient with us?
And Petroski-Seton is an interesting one. Different sites have him from 179 to 183 cm. He is slight, but not as slight as Gold Coast's Jack Martin. He can move like a cat, and could be anything, and right now he is in purple.

All good Danny. The doorman comment was said in jest, especially with the incident on the weekend with the Premier's son.
I asked " are you sure of this?" Then explained what I'd heard. Hardly not accepting your comments, and certainly not deserving of "I don't give a s**t...you obviously know better"
I clearly don't know better (we can both agree on that!), which is why I was asking.
Danny, I have enjoyed your reports and look forward to meeting you down at Freo and shaking your hand. When posters ask stupid questions, please be a little more patient with us?
And Petroski-Seton is an interesting one. Different sites have him from 179 to 183 cm. He is slight, but not as slight as Gold Coast's Jack Martin. He can move like a cat, and could be anything, and right now he is in purple.
I guess he gets seen in Purple and we get first hand look at him and him us and the whole professional footy environment. If you look at his WAFL stats they're not that great but as for size no he is not as slight as Jack Martin I agree. According to what I have got from the net in regards the WAFL stats (180cm/73Kg) he has only played 3 League games but has played 18 colts games from 2013 - 2015 with a season high of 10 games in 2014. See ya at Training one day.

Stradnica is the tall. From EF. Then the mids are SP-S (indeterminate height) and Noah Hura from Peel.

Luke Strnadica (you've let the 'n' in the surname wander down a few letters to the right which might make it difficult for others to google him). Around 200cm, named at FF in the colts WAFL team of the year and a Fremantle Dockers fan.

Last edited:
I'd just like to make it clear that I'll disagree with anybody I feel like and I'm prepared to come to training and fight you all.

brick.jpg :rainbow:

I know we're extremely unlikely to ever have a chance of getting him, but he does look mighty good in purple.

Luke Strnadica (you've let the 'n' in the surname wander down a few letters to the right which might make it difficult for others to google him). Around 200cm, named at FF in the colts WAFL team of the year and a Fremantle Dockers fan.
Sounds like someone GWS will draft next year

Out of everyone I am really hoping Johnson has a solid pre-season and gets his body to last a full season. The more I re-watch our games (and check the stats) over the past couple of years the more I think Johnson is one of the critical pieces of the puzzle for us. Him going down in Round 10 (in his 200th game) I felt was one of the turning points in our season. I have no idea how we are going to replace him when he decides to hang up the boots. Suspect, like Pavlich, he might have to be managed in 2016 but I think he's a player that steps up against the best teams anyway, so maybe that will suit him.

Without checking the stats Im sure there is a massive difference in our win/loss record when Johnson is fit and in the team compared to our record when he is either coming back from an injury and playing, or out with an injury. Ethan Hughes or Mora are my picks to replace Johnson in the long term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL website said at this stage he's one of a few candidates that might go in the first few picks. Here's hoping he does a Darcy Tucker

Out of everyone I am really hoping Johnson has a solid pre-season and gets his body to last a full season. The more I re-watch our games (and check the stats) over the past couple of years the more I think Johnson is one of the critical pieces of the puzzle for us. Him going down in Round 10 (in his 200th game) I felt was one of the turning points in our season. I have no idea how we are going to replace him when he decides to hang up the boots. Suspect, like Pavlich, he might have to be managed in 2016 but I think he's a player that steps up against the best teams anyway, so maybe that will suit him.
I can report I saw him coming out of TLC yesterday with a coffee and he was moving nicely on the footpath. Used his classic sidestep to get around a woman in a pram & seemed to be moving freely.

I can report I saw him coming out of TLC yesterday with a coffee and he was moving nicely on the footpath. Used his classic sidestep to get around a woman in a pram & seemed to be moving freely.
Like selling candy to a baby.

A lot of people are saying Petrevski-Seton might even go #1 next draft. Suspect we have no chance of landing him but having him in the purple now helps if ever wants to come back home at some point.

Calling it very early but I don't think Strnadica will go first round. Will probably depend a bit on the demand for KPPs - so how well this year's draft crop develop. There don't seem to be many regarded in the top 10-20 of the 2016 pool yet. Strnadica seems a bit polarizing - some people think he is great (for his size) and others not so much. We might use our first rounder for a trade so not sure if we'd get him even if he slid. But wasn't expecting Tucker and Balic to be anywhere near our picks either. Maybe we just need AFL.com to write a life story about Petreveski-Seton and Powell-Pepper so they slide as well.

There are some strong WA boys in the draft crop next year, all involved in the AFL academy. P-S, Powell-Pepper, Rotham, Hura, Goddard, Waterman and Strnadica are all exciting prospects imo. It should be interesting to see how three of them go at our training sessions.

I assume the baby was pushing the woman in the pram?
I heard it was more something like this
7840566e8ae40e0df7cac718d2755558.jpg

A lot of people are saying Petrevski-Seton might even go #1 next draft. Suspect we have no chance of landing him but having him in the purple now helps if ever wants to come back home at some point.

Calling it very early but I don't think Strnadica will go first round. Will probably depend a bit on the demand for KPPs - so how well this year's draft crop develop. There don't seem to be many regarded in the top 10-20 of the 2016 pool yet. Strnadica seems a bit polarizing - some people think he is great (for his size) and others not so much. We might use our first rounder for a trade so not sure if we'd get him even if he slid. But wasn't expecting Tucker and Balic to be anywhere near our picks either. Maybe we just need AFL.com to write a life story about Petreveski-Seton and Powell-Pepper so they slide as well.

There are some strong WA boys in the draft crop next year, all involved in the AFL academy. P-S, Powell-Pepper, Rotham, Hura, Goddard, Waterman and Strnadica are all exciting prospects imo. It should be interesting to see how three of them go at our training sessions.
Similar things were aid of Clem Smith in his under age year of the National Champs and then he slid dramatically due to a few different holes in what people saw in his game but size was also one of them.

I'd just like to make it clear that I'll disagree with anybody I feel like and I'm prepared to come to training and fight you all.

brick.jpg :rainbow:

I agree with everyone and I'm prepared to make sweet, sweet love to your wife, girlfriend or daughters*

* Not in a Ricky Nixon way

Pretty low key session this morning.

Nat was pumping out the laps at good pace after doing his work with the rehab guys. Grey and Silvagni also were running hard and looked in good nick physically. Other members of the rehab group were Clancee, Apeness, Balic, Yarran and possibly another couple I may have missed. Harley Bennell was working one on one doing run through's with a trainer and obviously isn;t 100% at the moment but didn't seem too bad.

The main session included most of the squad working in 3 or 4 smaller groups and again was based around foot skills, quick hands and goal kicking along with some ball movement later on. Sam P-S looked really good as a young guy with sharp hands and neat foot skills. Also watched Morabito closely and agree he is moving freely and enjoying himself on the track which is good to see.

If anybody has any questions about any other players I will attempt to answer them but as stated it was a pretty quiet session today.

Pretty low key session this morning.

Nat was pumping out the laps at good pace after doing his work with the rehab guys. Grey and Silvagni also were running hard and looked in good nick physically. Other members of the rehab group were Clancee, Apeness, Balic, Yarran and possibly another couple I may have missed. Harley Bennell was working one on one doing run through's with a trainer and obviously isn;t 100% at the moment but didn't seem too bad.

The main session included most of the squad working in 3 or 4 smaller groups and again was based around foot skills, quick hands and goal kicking along with some ball movement later on. Sam P-S looked really good as a young guy with sharp hands and neat foot skills. Also watched Morabito closely and agree he is moving freely and enjoying himself on the track which is good to see.

If anybody has any questions about any other players I will attempt to answer them but as stated it was a pretty quiet session today.

Johnson, A.Pearce, Collins, Uebergang each training with forwards or back.

I am really interested in knowing how any of the young bigs are tracking.

Irish, Apeness, Uebergang, Smith, Taberner, Pearce. How far away are they to cracking a chance. How have they progressed. What focus are they being given.

More a general question over the course of the pre-season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back