NFNL Div 3 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep started with 16 players and at half time only had 13 🤔 Bad move not renewing senior coach???
Sounds like a pretty dark day for Lalor. Really feel for those involved.

Where to from here? League needs to put some time into this situation.

West just got a massive percentage boost but if Lalor forfeit against another side no points awarded, no percentage and winning percentage comes in.

Imo this could really effect the season and fairness.

Sounds like a pretty dark day for Lalor. Really feel for those involved.

Where to from here? League needs to put some time into this situation.

West just got a massive percentage boost but if Lalor forfeit against another side no points awarded, no percentage and winning percentage comes in.

Imo this could really effect the season and fairness.
Maybe Ben can explain more he was quick to blame cuts and others on here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure about other games in div 3 but turtles had the same ONE umpire officiate both games.

Yep not great for the ‘Match of the round’..
1 field umpire in all 3 games on the day ..
U19s had a young kid , did a good job , but no goal umpires & no boundary umpires. Luckily game was played in good spirit as I’d hate to have seen what would have happened if it wasn’t.
Ressies 1 ump & yep he also did the senior game all by himself.
Stood in middle of ground and umpired all day from there..
Some iffy decisions throughout the day , but didn’t affect the result..
Kilmore getting a terrific win in a very even contest all day.

Yep not great for the ‘Match of the round’..
1 field umpire in all 3 games on the day ..
U19s had a young kid , did a good job , but no goal umpires & no boundary umpires. Luckily game was played in good spirit as I’d hate to have seen what would have happened if it wasn’t.
Ressies 1 ump & yep he also did the senior game all by himself.
Stood in middle of ground and umpired all day from there..
Some iffy decisions throughout the day , but didn’t affect the result..
Kilmore getting a terrific win in a very even contest all day.
With some of the behaviour we’ve seen in D3 over the years it’s not great to hear only 1 umpire is doing games especially after already doing a reserves.

You’d think they would rate matches importance and give the best allocations from there. If any game should have had 2 umpires it should have been that one.

With some of the behaviour we’ve seen in D3 over the years it’s not great to hear only 1 umpire is doing games especially after already doing a reserves.

You’d think they would rate matches importance and give the best allocations from there. If any game should have had 2 umpires it should have been that one.
If they played double header U19s games on Friday night’s they would have a surplus of umpires and they don’t have to double up. The clubs don’t have to find a completely different volunteer group (trainers and staff) and they might even get more kids playing

If they played double header U19s games on Friday night’s they would have a surplus of umpires and they don’t have to double up. The clubs don’t have to find a completely different volunteer group (trainers and staff) and they might even get more kids playing

100% agree. More Fri night games for those that have the lights and maybe Umps can do more. Double header is an idea, as we get colder it could be a small issue but should be tried. I think there are to many that do not see the light and start doing Fir nights more. 19s or Womens for that matter.

I also agree with paying them more, if we are paying the most then we may recruit from other leagues, I am sure they are looking at the same idea.

In the end AFL must come to the party here, they can advertise and advertise but have they really looked at ways ahead? Uni and uni students need the coin, decent programs and pathways for them, especially with tax free pay is one idea.

100% agree. More Fri night games for those that have the lights and maybe Umps can do more. Double header is an idea, as we get colder it could be a small issue but should be tried. I think there are to many that do not see the light and start doing Fir nights more. 19s or Womens for that matter.

I also agree with paying them more, if we are paying the most then we may recruit from other leagues, I am sure they are looking at the same idea.

In the end AFL must come to the party here, they can advertise and advertise but have they really looked at ways ahead? Uni and uni students need the coin, decent programs and pathways for them, especially with tax free pay is one idea.
I’m not against Friday night under 19s but the burden on volunteers can be a lot with opening the club up on an additional day, also a very late night for those setting up and packing up/canteen etc. Would kids want to play on Friday nights missing out of social events?

I’m not against Friday night under 19s but the burden on volunteers can be a lot with opening the club up on an additional day, also a very late night for those setting up and packing up/canteen etc. Would kids want to play on Friday nights missing out of social events?
Yeah I understand your point but if they play the 19s on Friday nights there’s no need to open up at 8am Saturday mornings. I feel that we would get a better attendance from players as some work on Saturday mornings & the kids don’t go out until 10-11 o clock these days. I also think that’s part of the problem getting kids to play at 9:45am on a Saturday morning because some of them go out on the Friday night.

Yeah I understand your point but if they play the 19s on Friday nights there’s no need to open up at 8am Saturday mornings. I feel that we would get a better attendance from players as some work on Saturday mornings & the kids don’t go out until 10-11 o clock these days. I also think that’s part of the problem getting kids to play at 9:45am on a Saturday morning because some of them go out on the Friday night.
Yep certainly some pros and cons. To be honest I really think in an ideal world 19s would have been scrapped like the AFL did.

Reserves comp would look a whole heap better and with more purpose if these kids were running around there. Most clubs are just calling on social footballers to field these sides instead of actually developing talent for their senior side.

The game isn’t what it use to be in the 70s and 80s and 18 year old kids can easily run around in open age football without safety concerns.

Friday night is hard to do as clubs have their Auskick running and juniors training

Friday night is hard to do as clubs have their Auskick running and juniors training
They use to play 19’s on Friday nights at Epping and a couple of other grounds from memory problem was there were not many grounds with suitable lights so could not fit the whole division in on a Friday night

They use to play 19’s on Friday nights at Epping and a couple of other grounds from memory problem was there were not many grounds with suitable lights so could not fit the whole division in on a Friday night

Played in a few of those games , great atmosphere.
The U19s play Saturday mornings infront of a handful of people. Help is hard to get at the best of times & the low number umpire issues ( supplying goal & boundary umpires) is making it even tougher.
Friday nights at multiple venues , home* allocated side run the bbq (supplied by league) would be ideal..
2 games on the night (a club like Mernda could do 4 games) 20mins flat qtrs .
Game.1. 6pm
Game.2 745pm
Or
1 game at venues kick off 630pm & a Rotation system , where clubs will be Friday at least 1 out of 3 games
Bigger crowds , kids are free to have their weekends. Easier for umpires & club helpers..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back