NFNL Div 3 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

No 16,17s this year. Will they be able to keep 19s around?
19s are hard at the best of times I can't see them having 19s in 2023. It's a shame but that's something the junior and senior body will have to work together for the future of the club.

The drums will be beating at Mernda if they get rolled by Eltham this week.
Cant wait to watch the replay of the South Morang game, I'm sure its got nothing to do with the VERY AVERAGE game style.

After a covid interrupted 2021, 3 wins against Reservoir and 1 against Lalor during that season Mernda are lucky that Reservoir and Lalor exists.
Season 2022
Practice Match 1 Away Fitzroy Stars L
Practice Match 2 Away Saints W
Practice Match 3 Home Epping L
Round 1 South Morang Home L

PREDICTIONS FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR.

Round 2 Eltham at Home L
Round 3 Power Away L
Round 4 Lalor Away W
Round 5 Reservoir Home W (flying two on the trot)
Round 6 Heidelberg West Away L back to reality.
Round 7 Kilmore Home L
Round 8 Eltham Home L
Round 9 Power Home L
Round 10 Lalor Home W
Round 11 South Morang L
Surely a change will come mid season.
Mernda have a great list of young blokes running around and they're having a impact on games, from what I seen on the weekend the forward Kimo struggled and didn't impact the game what so ever, Austin down back struggles to hit a target and when he does the ball is at his team mates feet. Sitting just above Lalor and Reservoir after r1 is OK but you wouldn't want to be there come round 10.

They are definitely missing Delaney from the side.

Mernda have a great list of young blokes running around and they're having a impact on games, from what I seen on the weekend the forward Kimo struggled and didn't impact the game what so ever, Austin down back struggles to hit a target and when he does the ball is at his team mates feet. Sitting just above Lalor and Reservoir after r1 is OK but you wouldn't want to be there come round 10.

They are definitely missing Delaney from the side.
“Great list” They finished 3rd bottom and beat Lalor and Reservoir only. I wouldn’t call it a great list

That is a type of too hard basket comment is keeping the 19s where we are. What is the NFNL doing at Latrobe if they cannot start to have access to the facilities there. I know the Uni has some control but the government paid for most of it....

I am not saying its easy or everything is available but there is enough evidence it should be tried for at least one year and not dismissed as one ground may or may not be available.

Maybe Preston is available (hell they get enough from us in finals and give SFA back (unless we look into kickbacks going somewhere......) There are other grounds that clubs without proper lights could share.

Its not easy I know but I am sure if tried it would be successful.
Denny I am behind anything that will get the under 18/19 comp fire on all cylinder, I was just stating that the uni football side has home ground rights and can not just be pushed aside because the NNFL want the ground .

A great list of YOUNG blokes compared to a great list is something different.

13 of the 21 playing on the weekend were under 21.

I would just say it’s a young list. Until they beat someone other than Lalor or reservoir, it’s just a young list.

Mernda not having 16’s or 17’s definitely won’t help with their future direction over next few years either.

It’s an interesting season coming up for the Demons.

I watched the game between Mernda and South Morang, I've always been told if you don't have anything good to say don't say anything at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched the game between Mernda and South Morang, I've always been told if you don't have anything good to say don't say anything at all.
Come on PP ,
Spill the beans
Definitely a couple of area’s that they had to improve on ….
1) skills
2) fitness
Come l PROMISES I won’t tell 🤫🤫

Tips for this weekend:
Kilmore v Laurimar - Kilmore by 15
Lalor v Reservoir - Mustangs by 18
South Morang v Heidelberg West - SM by 40
Mernda v Old Collegians - Turtles by 45

Tips for this weekend:
Kilmore v Laurimar - Kilmore by 15
Lalor v Reservoir - Mustangs by 18
South Morang v Heidelberg West - SM by 40
Mernda v Old Collegians - Turtles by 45
Kilmore v Laurimar - Kilmore 12. Home game, hard to beat up there

Lalor vs Mustangs - I think mustangs need to print some lyric boards because they may be singing the song once again. Mustangs 23

South v West - judging by the outs for west it’s probably true the Covid rumour. South to win easily.

Mernda v Turtles - Young Mernda will try hard but just won’t have the answers Turtles 37

Last edited:
Round 2 and some good games coming up

Kilmore (4th) vs Laurimar (2nd) both clubs opened 2022 with wins last week. Kilmore in a slog with the turtles and the power easily over Reservoir. Both clubs will look to continue that form tomorrow. Both clubs have settled line ups and will be interesting to see how the youngster of the power go. The blues on their home deck are always hard to beat and I think they will get the job done, just. Kilmore by 7 points.

Lalor (10th) vs Reservoir (9th). Hard to say too much about last week for both clubs suffering very heavy defeats. In saying that though one of them will have the chance to sing their club song tomorrow at 5pm. Been a long time between drinks for the Two Blues but think they will salute tomorrow. Reservoir by 23 points.

Sth Morang (3rd) vs Heidelberg West (1st). 2 undefeated teams go at it and by the look of it West have been hit hard with 8 changes from round 1. Potter out for the Lions is also a loss but can’t see the Lions losing this one. South Morang by 32 points.

Mernda (6th) vs Old Eltham (5th). Both clubs coming of losses won’t want to slip to 0-2. Mernda pushed Sth Morang but still seem to lack that overall class across the ground. The Turtles would be thinking they let one slip being in front at 3 quarter time but being over run by Kilmore last week. The turtles loom to have too much class though and will win by 31 points.

Enjoy the footy

Laurimar by 2 goals
Reservoir by 3 goals
South by 4 goals
Eltham by 2 goals
Great round coming up!

Round 2 and some good games coming up

Kilmore (4th) vs Laurimar (2nd) both clubs opened 2022 with wins last week. Kilmore in a slog with the turtles and the power easily over Reservoir. Both clubs will look to continue that form tomorrow. Both clubs have settled line ups and will be interesting to see how the youngster of the power go. The blues on their home deck are always hard to beat and I think they will get the job done, just. Kilmore by 7 points.

Lalor (10th) vs Reservoir (9th). Hard to say too much about last week for both clubs suffering very heavy defeats. In saying that though one of them will have the chance to sing their club song tomorrow at 5pm. Been a long time between drinks for the Two Blues but think they will salute tomorrow. Reservoir by 23 points.

Sth Morang (3rd) vs Heidelberg West (1st). 2 undefeated teams go at it and by the look of it West have been hit hard with 8 changes from round 1. Potter out for the Lions is also a loss but can’t see the Lions losing this one. South Morang by 32 points.

Mernda (6th) vs Old Eltham (5th). Both clubs coming of losses won’t want to slip to 0-2. Mernda pushed Sth Morang but still seem to lack that overall class across the ground. The Turtles would be thinking they let one slip being in front at 3 quarter time but being over run by Kilmore last week. The turtles loom to have too much class though and will win by 31 points.

Enjoy the footy
What happened to 7th vs 8th?

Reservoir to beat Lalor this week what a moment it will be. Great to see Lalor field a reserves team this week after forfeiting last week. Reservoir 2 points

Hearing rumours Morang boys don’t like the money that’s being spent on a recruit and it’s killing the culture. The boys aren’t happy it may come unstuck tomorrow. Tipping an upset west by 3 goals

Turtles midfield will run rampant against the Dee’s and show that they are a force to be reckoned with. Turtles by 6 goals

Kilmore and laurimar to be match of the day. Laurimar to be tested without Williamson against a good team. The youngsters may rise but Kilmore flag fancies and to take the choccies. 3 goals

Reservoir to beat Lalor this week what a moment it will be. Great to see Lalor field a reserves team this week after forfeiting last week. Reservoir 2 points

Hearing rumours Morang boys don’t like the money that’s being spent on a recruit and it’s killing the culture. The boys aren’t happy it may come unstuck tomorrow. Tipping an upset west by 3 goals

Turtles midfield will run rampant against the Dee’s and show that they are a force to be reckoned with. Turtles by 6 goals

Kilmore and laurimar to be match of the day. Laurimar to be tested without Williamson against a good team. The youngsters may rise but Kilmore flag fancies and to take the choccies. 3 goals
Morang will win by 10 goals.

I don't understand how the players would know what each player is on?
Would only come from the player themselves, which I doubt or the football manager.
Whichever it is, it's amateur hour and shouldn't happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back