Grade your team's draft 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Had given up hope we'd get Caddy as the best player to fill a need in our range. And was concerned we'd go best available on a tall defender. So happy with that considering the offer the eagles had on the table was pretty good too.

Lual and archie look pretty exciting and hopefully they come along quick so we can focus mcgrath on just being a lockdown defender and not being one to move the ball out of defence.

Vigo makes sense as a project ruck.

SSP will be interesting for us.

B+

Good haul but missed out on our own NGA prospect to a man child.
The Ugle-Hagan gift isn’t enough to keep you from moaning about a fair draft pick, taking a kid in the range that was expected? Or would you prefer the AFL to adjust the rules by a couple of picks so you can have your cake and eat it too 🙄

At the moment, hard not to give this one an A.

Got the splash move that club needed, and Curtin looks a very serious prospect. Paired with someone with the potential to be a big inside midfieder in a side that tends to push small and another dart at replacing Smith as a half back flanker.

The Ugle-Hagan gift isn’t enough to keep you from moaning about a fair draft pick, taking a kid in the range that was expected? Or would you prefer the AFL to adjust the rules by a couple of picks so you can have your cake and eat it too 🙄
The Lual selection aside (which was fine btw, if the Bulldogs desperately wanted him they could have found a way to trade into the top 40 where he was widely rated), I'm not sure if you understand the meaning of that phrase. The Ugle-Hagan bid has nothing to do with the Lual pick.

B at the moment because I don't know what to make of it fully aside from Harley.

How do you rate an afl draft when players haven't played yet ?

What you can rate is the clubs position before and after a draft and trade period, as far as assets before and after this period

On that basis I rate Richmond an A+, could not be happier Blair was outstanding creating a first round draft pick out of mid air like Houdini

The Lual selection aside (which was fine btw, if the Bulldogs desperately wanted him they could have found a way to trade into the top 40 where he was widely rated), I'm not sure if you understand the meaning of that phrase. The Ugle-Hagan bid has nothing to do with the Lual pick.
I have to laugh though when a club gets first dibs on the best draft prospect through their NGA despite playing in GFs and a supporter gets narky because another club fairly acquires a player because they couldn’t get dibs on him as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We filled needs with all 3 picks whilst also adhering to best available, I’m stoked with our draft, couldn’t ask for much more. 🤷‍♂️

If people can’t acknowledge we did well because dodo, thats fine by me. 😁👍
There are more holes on your list than a block of Swiss cheese from the local deli .

Seeming we just had a team with 8 Rookie Drafted players and a bunch of second and third round pick players win 16 in a row and a Premiership by 81 points just over a year ago with a team that’s missed Finals twice in like 2 decades?….

I’d say he’s pretty darn good at picking outside the 1st round and you’d be hard to find anyone who disagrees with that.

We didn’t get priority picks, concessions or any other kind of hand out to succeed. Relied on great talent scouting to get kids who were a bunch of misfits (our backline calls themselves the Misfits)
Or state government funding etc.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can't fault who we picked in this draft, but difficult to give an A when you are selecting down in the weeds. But I feel confident we will get a couple of best 22s from our haul.

Especially happy we opted for Simpson and Delean over Managh.

The fact that we traded back one spot to gain a F2 pick and still got Wilson the player we wanted is A+ right there

Collard was very highly rated out West and looks an exciting proposition up forward

We got a pacy linebreaker in Hastie who totally blanketed the peacock Caddy in a game this year and was rated the no1 Falcon going into the draft ... looks to be an A grade steal

Hugo Garcia for his name alone gets an A rating

And lastly the big unit superboot Schoenblaster who could well have gone top 10 if he had played a full season

I think we did ok

Thought the Crows did well and of course Suns & North given they have been gifted opportunities ..... which I think most agree needs to stop

Harsh. Did as good as anyone with the picks you had available.

Schoenmakers drops you down from an A to a C. Would be absolutely fifthly if Geelong took him if the rumours are to be believed.

Agree. Love the 2 backline players you grabbed and they compliment each other perfectly. I wanted both of them at Geelong
What are the Schoenmaker rumours?

I have to laugh though when a club gets first dibs on the best draft prospect through their NGA despite playing in GFs and a supporter gets narky because another club fairly acquires a player because they couldn’t get dibs on him as well.
The last time your club nabbed a NGA off another club it backfired. You seem to be the narky one here talking about JUH when he's not the player in question.

Ahh Bigfooty never change.

Hilarious hearing how players were or weren’t drafted in their ‘expected’ range. Whose range is this, guys who post groupthink phantom drafts on message boards after watching a bunch of two minute clips of players?

Harsh. That small forward will be a pleasure to watch and will bring people through the gates.

I would be happy to have Brodie Ryan on Geelongs list.

He's a dumb troll. Just ignore him.

Jumping on Cam Mackenzie after one season in the system. Ridiculous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back