Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The crows winning yesterday wasn't really a surprise for mine, it was expected because i believe they are a better side than Collingwood. Yes the thought of losing to crows in a final is about as painful as it gets but there is still 5 rounds to go, lets not consumed by what the crows are doing. You go on the Crows "non- crows discussion" thread and all they talk about is Port, they've been completely consumed by what is happening at Port Adelaide for the entire season and quite frankly this thread has become all about the crows in recent weeks. Apparently we play in an 18 team comp?

Let's just worry about Collingwood first and foremost. I'm really interested to see how we come out after the break, and also what sort of response are we likely to see from Collingwood after yesterdays narrow loss. I'm really hoping our return to form in the SANFL is indicative of how we are going to come out against the Pies at the G.

I'll be there for my first game at the G since 2004, and i can't wait. Going to watch the Geelong versus North game too on the saturday night, which should be another good game and am hoping the Kangas can get up so we can be back in the top 4 by next sunday night.

Can't believe all the negativity here about playing the Crows in a final.

If it happens, I say bring it on.

A lot of water to go under the bridge before that occurs and there are going to unexpected results before the minor round finishes.

I still think we will make top 4.

This week is the key. We need to beat Collingwood and we will.

I'm really hoping our return to form in the SANFL is indicative of how we are going to come out against the Pies at the G.

Moore's recent form will hopefully add as a spur to some of those players we have who are treading water at the moment. His 2013 disposal average was 16.47 from 17 games and he had only two single-figure disposal games, with five of them 20 or more.

Anyone catch last wednesdays 'the recruit'? Burgo was so brilliantly harsh. A kid had an above average skin fold for AFL average and he was just like "that's deplorable, I'm thinking fat club straight away."

Anyone catch last wednesdays 'the recruit'? Burgo was so brilliantly harsh. A kid had an above average skin fold for AFL average and he was just like "that's deplorable, I'm thinking fat club straight away."
There are parts of that show that are excellent and proper footy-related media, and that was one bit. It was really interesting seeing how Burgo and Vossy applied AFL-related fitness criteria to the surviving contestants. Beep tests, skinfolds etc. Must be very much like pre-draft discussions at every club.

It needs to put the lotion on it's skin.

426166-0257c1c8-1602-11e4-8b83-8df6d69c6921.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't mind that comment because Smith is a deadset Troy Chaplin clone & he saved that Johncock flog from being put up for delisting.

I reckon Reece Maxwell has caught Burgo's eye with his elite agility & fitness, he couldn't believe how close he was to Stephen Hill's record testing time.

Apologies if this is too much of an extract.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-07-28/mrp-full-statement-round-18-week-two

Ty Vickery, Richmond, has been directly referred to the Tribunal for striking Dean Cox, West Coast, during the second quarter of the round 18 match between Richmond and West Coast, played at Patersons Stadium on Friday July 25, 2014.

In summary, he cannot accept an early plea in the matter.

Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from the West Coast Football Club, the incident was assessed as intentional conduct (three points), severe impact (four points) and high contact (two points). This is a total of nine activation points, resulting in a direct referral to the Tribunal, with no offer of an early plea. He has an existing bad record of 43.75 demerit points carried over from within the last 12 months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies if this is too much of an extract.

Ty Vickery, Richmond, has been directly referred to the Tribunal for striking Dean Cox, West Coast, during the second quarter of the round 18 match between Richmond and West Coast, played at Patersons Stadium on Friday July 25, 2014.

In summary, he cannot accept an early plea in the matter.

Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from the West Coast Football Club, the incident was assessed as intentional conduct (three points), severe impact (four points) and high contact (two points). This is a total of nine activation points, resulting in a direct referral to the Tribunal, with no offer of an early plea. He has an existing bad record of 43.75 demerit points carried over from within the last 12 months.

Ty Vickery needs to tweet Jon Ralph.

It wont help his case but I need the laugh.

Last edited by a moderator:
... Ty Vickery, Richmond, has been directly referred to the Tribunal for striking Dean Cox ....
Sort of surprising that Cox's hit on Vickery didn't get a mention, it was pretty forceful. Vickery's was retaliation, high etc. but he did cop an unexpected whack.

It did get looked at but the force was insufficient to warrant a report
No biggie for me but if a Port player had copped the hit from Cox that Vickery did I'd be dirty if it didn't at least reach the MRP for debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back