Autopsy Round 14: Richmond V GWS @ MCG - Changes for Carlton

Vote for your top 5

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny thing is if we'd played, and won, against a side with history, like Essendon, Carlton, Saints who are probably not as good as the Giants but somehow have more credibility, then it would be viewed as a better win, is this a valid view?

I loved this match. Down going into the last break, not playing good footy. Coach know he needed to give a spray, and gave it good. And the players responded to close the game out. When we look back this might be the match than taught this playing group to grind a match and get the win no matter what. We needed this as another step towards being a genuine premiership contender and not just an outside chance when we're "on form."

It was a good solid win, people are forgetting what happened yesterday, many players would have been down in the dumps, especially when we have many people involved with the RFC who come from Adelaide! It was wet for most of the day so didn’t expect any clean kicking and GWS do have a better than average year, so overall good win under the circumstance.

Now to smash Carlton this week!

To be completely honest. As soon as the game started there was not one moment I thought Richmond would lose. Never cared about this one as far as a percentage boost, just the four points. Maybe against St Kilda Richmond could have a nice big win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

didnt get reported but will definitely be looked at by the MRP

Wont get anything. Barely looked at got what it deserved 50m
Ivan is interesting 1. High contact done no damage. Looked more like a coathanger then a strike. If he does miss 1 could be a blessing
He needs a spell. And if Megans bloke comes in he will murder Wood.

Do you have the time and qtr for me?
I'll have a look at the replay.
Cheers

Sorry mate i didnt actually watch the game, im away at the moment

its in the highlights package on the rfc site

Highlighted the absolute necessity to nail those shots that are better than 50:50. TV x2, Lids X2,Miles, Lambert.

Newman running thru F50 in Q2 missed JR by 10m was inexcusably shithouse. No pressure. Ball went straight down the other end for a goal. 2 goal swing in low scoring game.

We had chances to put them under the pump on the scoreboard. Never happened. Very similar to Dogs and Dees games except GWS weren't good enough to capitalise.

Great last qtr tho and after we kicked the first looked like we were all over them.

As expected, had a great day at the footy.

Richmond fans proved themselves to be amazing hosts. Not one mis-directed sledge. Not one incident that may have been inflammatory.

Thanks for a great day Tigers. You lads were clearly the better team and had you kicked truly we'd have suffered a bigger loss.

The umpiring was pretty bad for the first 3 quarters even had me scratching my head at times.

Any hoo, thanks for being gracious hosts and even classier winners.

There's a fair few Melbourne clubs who should borrow from your playbook.

Cheers guys.

It wasn't careless nor intentional. Maric was getting ready to ruck and as his arm started going up the other dude ran straight into it.

Haha that's exactly the excuse at the tribunal if he went up for it and they would laugh you out of the place. he saw him coming and threw his arm our and lead with his elbow across the neck/shoulder junction. the camera from the other side shows it clearly. However he wasn't hurt, so hopefully nothing to see here.
Irrelevant if its incidental contact

haha, what the fans consider incidental, the MRP considers a felony!! But I do agree it isn't much.

The team needs to adjust the game plan to cope with the opposition zoning. Our midfielders didn't cope well and kicking efficiency was low, especially the last kick into the forward line where were kicking to contests. We have to be more clinical so we do not rely on the clubs leaders to lift the team against low ranked teams.

Back