Preview Adelaide vs West Coast Saturday July 11th @ Domain

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually I love getting on the oppositions' board and wishing them good luck against you guys at this time of the week. But I genuinely hope Adelaide win this week and will be cheering you guys on:thumbsu:

So many unknowns about this week it's impossible to know where to begin....Taking the emotional state of mind of the players out of the equation, if the Crows can keep quite Kennedy, Darling and Sinclair/Lycett you'll go a long way towards winning. It'll be a great test for Lever regardless to play on a genuine KPF if he's selected. If a Wright or Lyons can play a defensive job on Hurn/Wellingham it would dry up that run off the half back where Kennedy and especially Darling lead to on the flanks and set up the forward movement.

Would like to see Walker and Lynch push up the ground and isolate Betts and Cameron close to goal, with Domain stadium's deep pockets you wouldn't mind those guys taking shots from the pocket.

Whatever happens, I wish you all the best on Saturday and hope a smile can be returned to the supporters' face during such a sad time

Not sure if this has already been mentioned but I want the whole squad flown over to Perth so they can all be in the huddle at the beginning of the game. We literally fly as one.

The SANFL game should be played earlier on Saturday so the rest can get to Perth in time.
Those not playing have been asked to go if they feel up for it would be great to have the whole squad.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

knight better still come in. would be completely unfair for him not to considering walsh gave him the news before his passing. also does anyone know if it WAS van berlo he was dropped for? kind of gave BF a break since friday and cant be stuffed looking through 13 pages but people were talking about tredrea saying something? cheers

West Coast are currently being hailed as a premiership contender.

They have played three teams in the top eight with losses to Freo and Bulldogs (away) and an away win against Richmond. They are yet to play Hawthorn, Sydney, Collingwood and Adelaide. Their third loss was against the Kangaroos in Tassie.

Home wins against Carlton, GWS, Gold Coast, Geelong and Essendon would have been predictable given the form of these teams this year. Similar story with their win in Darwin against Melbourne last week. Their big wins have been against Poort in Adelaide and Richmond in Melbourne but the form of these teams has not been very consistent. The final 2 wins were away against Brisbane and away against St Kilda.

Whilst I believe the Eagles were initially underrated I still believe they are below the top three. Under normal circumstances I would give us a reasonable chance (particularly with Phil's knowledge of the Eagles) but we could fall apart on Saturday (or have a glorious victory).
My thoughts exactly. We're in this game good and proper - depending on the boys' mindset.

Usually I love getting on the oppositions' board and wishing them good luck against you guys at this time of the week. But I genuinely hope Adelaide win this week and will be cheering you guys on:thumbsu:

So many unknowns about this week it's impossible to know where to begin....Taking the emotional state of mind of the players out of the equation, if the Crows can keep quite Kennedy, Darling and Sinclair/Lycett you'll go a long way towards winning. It'll be a great test for Lever regardless to play on a genuine KPF if he's selected. If a Wright or Lyons can play a defensive job on Hurn/Wellingham it would dry up that run off the half back where Kennedy and especially Darling lead to on the flanks and set up the forward movement.

Would like to see Walker and Lynch push up the ground and isolate Betts and Cameron close to goal, with Domain stadium's deep pockets you wouldn't mind those guys taking shots from the pocket.

Whatever happens, I wish you all the best on Saturday and hope a smile can be returned to the supporters' face during such a sad time

Thank you, these are generous sentiments and much appreciated.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned but I want the whole squad flown over to Perth so they can all be in the huddle at the beginning of the game. We literally fly as one.

The SANFL game should be played earlier on Saturday so the rest can get to Perth in time.
Yep and hopefully office and admin staff as well

I've heard that players families will be flown over as well. At the very least it would be good to see all injured players there and all of the emergencies, office and admin staff and parent, families and friends ..... Unfortunately we are committed
to not taking the p1ss out of the sanfl so will need to pick a reasonably competitive team for the game against centrals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure but all the usual first team guys were in green.
I saw this. But they were swapping Guernsey around during different drills. Plus you have three interchange and the sub to add. Knight did remain in green as did Hendo. Wright, lever and Crouch were in wight and green at different stages. Kelly and Vb wight. Brodie Martin green.

I saw this. But they were swapping Guernsey around during different drills. Plus you have three interchange and the sub to add. Knight did remain in green as did Hendo. Wright, lever and Crouch were in wight and green at different stages. Kelly and Vb wight. Brodie Martin green.
Yeah, I guess we'll see. Could always be that the greens from the full oval drill are named on the ground with 4 from the white tops in the bench.
CEY was in white during that particular drill also.

Yeah, I guess we'll see. Could always be that the greens from the full oval drill are named on the ground with 4 from the white tops in the bench.
CEY was in white during that particular drill also.
Yeah no worries. Cameron swapped to white as well. Will try and upload pics later if I can. Big turn out.

Im going to this game now. Will probably be the strangest game ive been to in terms of atmosphere. Cant really imagine what its gonna be like.

image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg Fagan was among the suits near the race. The lone runner, we couldn't identify. He was jogging or sprinting along 100m in front of us for nearly 15 mins. Tall and solid, taller than Tahlia. We were in the middle of the crowd. Not densely packed in, but there were also a few ppl in the stand in front of the boxes. Sloaney did some jogging along the boundary on the other side and signed lots of autographs. At the end of the session, most of the guys did autographs and selfies with the young fans. My photos are lousy of the guys on the oval. I'm sure another poster will have good photos of the training.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    377.5 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back