Mega Thread Adam Goodes (Trolls will be carded - read OP!)

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if it was knee jerk attitudes and personal dislikes some commissioners harboured about the Sydney Swans which polluted the waters and led to this Goodes issue festering?

We implore the League to act but behind closed doors it's just, 'well here we go again. More whinging and self entitlement from Sydney'.

Myopia is a terrible trait for a Board. Time for change.
Yep time for a coup de'tat which is French for Coup de'tat.

When Michael Long was overlooked, and instead ranks were pulled tighter by reinstating Langford, the AFL Commission made their statement.

I watched the SBS news tonight and saw the piece on the 37 thing .....3rd quarter and 7th minute

It was my mate who I used to work with who started that outside the ground. We worked together in wa and he texted me today about it.

His name is Rodger ....lol,he's a Pom and a great bloke and swans member. Love your work Rodger

I work with aboriginal people as a drug and alcohol counsellor and I have been applaud by the treatment Goodes has been dished up.

I'm over posting in the main board and been shouted down and abused by posters.

I see what 200 years of racism has done. Causes depression, anxiety, addictions and violence.

I was heartened to see aboriginal players dancing and kissing their chests on the weekend. Hopefully a positive wave that was created at the SCG WILL continue. There is no courage in booing incessantly and I ask do we want our kids to be taught this is what we do at the game.

Goodes has done so much for his people and she be applauded

And can I just say one more thing ....Brereton is a a racist man and fox footy should have ripped him off the air.....

That's my bake

Bereton was on SEN radio between 4-7pm and i switched off until Rohan Connolly showed up at 6pm. He and Dermie disagreed strongly over the Goodes saga. Thank god for journos such as Rohan.

I just had a thought if Goodes plays this weekend. I think it would be great if both Geelong and Sydney players got together before the game and each side performed some kind of indigenous war dance. The tone would be set before the game starts and I reckon it would discourage some from booing

What an awful idea. I think most football fans are sick of the whole media circus around this issue. I'm sure Adam Goodes is. How about Geelong and Sydney get together for a game of football. No booing, no war dances. Two proud football teams go head to head for four quarters, best team takes the points.

What an awful idea. I think most football fans are sick of the whole media circus around this issue. I'm sure Adam Goodes is. How about Geelong and Sydney get together for a game of football. No booing, no war dances. Two proud football teams go head to head for four quarters, best team takes the points.

Yours is a good club, not just on the field but off it too. I think your supporters will show an example and put this business to bed. If a couple of morons boo they'll soon shut it off when they realise no-one's joining in. I for one would like the only issue of the day to be footy.

Fair enough. Though I don't think it's so easy to get back to normal service again even if the booing stops, I think there's an ugly side of a large group of fans that we can't just pretend don't exist, when we can't hear them anymore.

Fair enough. Though I don't think it's so easy to get back to normal service again even if the booing stops, I think there's an ugly side of a large group of fans that we can't just pretend don't exist, when we can't hear them anymore.
It's become pretty evident that there is an ugly side to a (larger than I had thought) group of supporters. But that's a social issue and one that will continue to take generations to improve. Football can't be expected to solve it overnight. But the football industry can try to set standards of how we expect crowds to behave when they attend games.

I'm all for this. It'd be great if the controversy screeched to a halt at Geelong when one of the great clubs of the decade just decides to let the game unfold as it should. It's up to your supporters, I guess. :thumbsu:

Yours is a good club, not just on the field but off it too. I think your supporters will show an example and put this business to bed. If a couple of morons boo they'll soon shut it off when they realise no-one's joining in. I for one would like the only issue of the day to be footy.
Fair enough. How about the AFL institute the Farmer Goodes Cup. In honour of the two greatest indigenous footballers to play the game. Both clubs could play once a season in perpetuity in their honour. After Adam retires of course.

Like real life, you know its there, under the surface. You can't change what people think but you can stop them behaving in a particular way and after a while their way of thinking will die out. I think its naive to think its finished though. There's a Collingwood game coming up and what if we meet the Hawks (or have to go to Perth) in the finals?

Like real life, you know its there, under the surface. You can't change what people think but you can stop them behaving in a particular way and after a while their way of thinking will die out. I think its naive to think its finished though. There's a Collingwood game coming up and what if we meet the Hawks (or have to go to Perth) in the finals?

I would hate it if this weekend went really well, with no issue at Geelong, only to have it all come back for the Collingwood match. Collingwood were booing everyone on Saturday. But the worst was Jeff Garlett after he did a celebratory dance towards their cheer squad; at one point they seemed to be booing Neville Jetta because they thought he was Jeff Garlett.

I would hate it if this weekend went really well, with no issue at Geelong, only to have it all come back for the Collingwood match. Collingwood were booing everyone on Saturday. But the worst was Jeff Garlett after he did a celebratory dance towards their cheer squad; at one point they seemed to be booing Neville Jetta because they thought he was Jeff Garlett.
There may be some scuffles if they pull that crap at the SCG

Mike Fitzpatrick statement on Adam Goodes

Hi, If you don't remember I'm Mike 'I care.....(about me)' Fitzpatrick, leader down here in AFL Bunker. I would like to take this opportunity to talk about what I know best, myself......and uhmm power and by doing so show my strong support for Adam Goodes, just in case you maybe thinking that we have been ignoring it.

In the early 2000s, I was invited to toss the coin at a Carlton/Swans game. I stood next to Adam Goodes in the centre of the ground at Princes Park. I remember thinking one of these teams (mine as it turned out) will be found to break AFL regulations, (actually they were doing it as I walked out to the middle, LOL, but thats another story), anyway we the AFL, will give them a slap or two but no individual will be held accountable. Got to keep in house old boy.

The other team, they will follow AFL regulations that we set, but as soon as they recruit a major player and upset our cart, by following the market regulations that we put in place & control,........well they are going to have to pay severely for that. Not that we will say anything publicly of course. We don't do that.

You see, its like racism. There's two forms. There's the individual type, e.g. calling a player a black c, like they did in my day LOL.....did I tell you I once played for Carlton, and there's the institutionalised version.

Thats were we have all the wealth and power but we are really good at papering over that with our PC talk and programs. I was really good at this at Rio Tinto (Did I tell you I once was a director at RIO Tinto).....i mean nobody seems to care how much wealth we accumulated as long we didn't appear to be racists at the individual level. (NOTE to myself? Is that giving it away? mmmmm......better paper over that....)

This is not what we stand for. The AFL, this most Australian of sports, stands for a fair go for all, men, women, black, white, Muslim, Asian. Just do not piss us off or get in our way.

Let me make this very clear. Adam Goodes has the unanimous support of the AFL Commission and when I attend the game in Geelong this week, I hope to see this great champion of our game back on the field where he belongs and I will continue on my merry way...Thank You...did you know I am a Rhodes Scholar.....

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everything started with Eddie so it probably makes sense that it returns to him.

Karma bus will take care of things.

Everything started with Eddie so it probably makes sense that it returns to him.

Karma bus will take care of things.

Sadly when it comes to Collingwood - racism is a part of its DNA. Remember this was the club who had a president publicly declare "As long they behave like white people we won't have a problem."

Stands taken by Nicky Winmar & Michael Long's were borne out of issues with Collingwood.

AS people have mentioned - Geelong is a very good club with a strong culture and leadership & a relatively mature supporter base. So this week should go well.

The litmus test in terms of how far we've come in a short period........will be Collingwood.

Sadly when it comes to Collingwood - racism is a part of its DNA. Remember this was the club who had a president publicly declare "As long they behave like white people we won't have a problem."

Stands taken by Nicky Winmar & Michael Long's were borne out of issues with Collingwood.

AS people have mentioned - Geelong is a very good club with a strong culture and leadership & a relatively mature supporter base. So this week should go well.

The litmus test in terms of how far we've come in a short period........will be Collingwood.
Their coach made a very good statement. But they may be booing him also soon.

Their coach made a very good statement. But they may be booing him also soon.

Amazing how the MB thread fizzled out almost straight after the Hawks lost, humility is a great leveller. If they are getting smashed it will be hard for the Pies to boo too hard.

I'm all for this. It'd be great if the controversy screeched to a halt at Geelong when one of the great clubs of the decade just decides to let the game unfold as it should. It's up to your supporters, I guess. :thumbsu:
Finals time will tell us a lot. Likely now we will have to travel to Perth in week one. The mentality over there of either side has to be questioned. Let's hope it's over by then, but I seriously doubt it.

Finals time will tell us a lot. Likely now we will have to travel to Perth in week one. The mentality over there of either side has to be questioned. Let's hope it's over by then, but I seriously doubt it.
Only Geelong and St Kilda to be faced outside of NSW before the finals. Cannot see too much booing in that time. This is a topic that nearly needs its own thread. Is Adam Goodes fair game for booing in a knockout final? I expect crowds to sense a weakness and try to exploit that if and when the time comes.

Only Geelong and St Kilda to be faced outside of NSW before the finals. Cannot see too much booing in that time. This is a topic that nearly needs its own thread. Is Adam Goodes fair game for booing in a knockout final? I expect crowds to sense a weakness and try to exploit that if and when the time comes.
The answer is no.
Respect should come first no matter what the occasion. Some things are bigger than the game.

Amazing how the MB thread fizzled out almost straight after the Hawks lost, humility is a great leveller. If they are getting smashed it will be hard for the Pies to boo too hard.
Misery spreads misery.
I am sure Eddie will find another egg story to whip the mob back into a suitable frenzy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back