Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 27

Remove this Banner Ad

IMHO if they win the spoon, it'll be well deserved. There were calls for taking the decision in that Sydney game to court, and amusingly there was a thread over yonder that suggested forfeiting their game against West Coast as a protest. Focus on getting better - not the perception that the world is against you.
Funnily enough they won't win the spoon because the umpiring favours them so heavily in Adelaide that they're gifted wins against similarly mediocre sides.

Also they get two games against us, who have an even worse mentality than they do.

half way through the first quarter he was screaming out "they're back, I'm telling you they are back, you mark my words, I'm calling it the crows are back". FNLOL!!!!!
That two goal five point first quarter? They were crapping on in the post game like they’d played top level football!

Nicks could be the first coach extended then sacked in the same year
Wouldn't even be the first coach extended then sacked in the same year this decade. Brett Ratten a couple of years ago.

Rowe said Pedler is a better footballer than JHF.
Pedlar isn't even a better footballer than Fabian Francis. And I mean Fabian Francis today, not 20 years ago.

If Ken doesn’t put a run with on Dawson like Freo did last night….well, it would confirm what we already know about him but the point remains, just hard tag Dawson and they have no midfield.

From there it all falls apart for them in the most glorious way

For some reason Pedlar just annoys me as a player. I just dont see anything he offers. Not taking Tom Powell with the pedlar pick was another terrible drafting decision. (I really wish we had pushed hard for powell last year when his trade value was super low due to injury)

So, do you think Harrison Petty watched tonight and got excited about playing for Adelaide next year?
I really hope they spend all their draft capital on Petty and Welsh and have nothing left for the midfield.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
For some reason Pedlar just annoys me as a player. I just dont see anything he offers. Not taking Tom Powell with the pedlar pick was another terrible drafting decision. (I really wish we had pushed hard for powell last year when his trade value was super low due to injury)
He's one of those guys who has 'attributes' but doesn't actually do anything with them. Ken would probably love him, he and Lachie Jones could have big tough guy contests at training while the rest of the team is playing football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And those fools keep harping on about it. Karma’s a bitch when it’s on the other foot.
They also boasted about not getting AFL assistance over Covid which actually means that they dont have the 6 month cause and can't sack him early.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
IMHO if they win the spoon, it'll be well deserved. There were calls for taking the decision in that Sydney game to court, and amusingly there was a thread over yonder that suggested forfeiting their game against West Coast as a protest. Focus on getting better - not the perception that the world is against you.
No, the world is against them - in fact the world can’t stand them

We are unsurprisingly at the time where threads in the crows board and port board are amalgamating into the same amount of derision pointed at the clubs.

Except they're unlikely to get the same level of belittling or harassment about it like our club/the media chooses to use.
I’m waiting for the Advertisers inevitable ‘Brave Loss’ article.

I know the tingles just aren't that good as a list and were always unlikely to beat Freo in Perth, but you have to ask as well whether all that bitching and whinging over that Sydney game last year has hurt them.

It should have been as simple as "Yep some things go our way some don't and we failed to win enough games earlier in the season to get in so we take responsibility for not playing finals"... then get on with it. Collingwood in 2022 a great example of that.

Instead they've spent months creating this big victim mentality about how they were so hard done by because one call didn't go their way in a season they were never gonna do anything more than make up numbers in finals anyway. You lose focus when you let that sort of nonsense talk go on, and feel entitled to play finals. If you expect things to happen you're going to get ****ed in the ass by clubs that are making things happen and are 100% focused on beating you in that week, which is exactly what the Cats, SUNS and Dockers have done.

Maybe I'm reading too much in to it but I just think this mentality stuff is underrated sometimes.
Their draw was always going to get tougher this year. Remember that Hawthorn, Norths and West Coast accounted for 4 of their 11 wins last year. Barely AFL level teams. And then 6 wins if you include the show downs.

Their double ups this year include Port, Brisbane and Sydney, which I can’t see them winning all of.

Unless something drastic happens, they will be bottom 6.

Hasn't he just inked a new deal at 550k a year too?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back