Fantasy 2014 Bigfooty NFL Mock Draft - Sign Up & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure where catters078 has got to (hasn't been online since 20 January) and we were already deeply immersed in setting up the BigFooty NFL board's mock draft by this time last year.

So what the hey.

The actual NFL draft has been shifted back a few weeks to early May, so we have just under three months from today to complete the draft.

If we have time, it'd be good to do a seven round mock draft collectively (I had fun looking up prospects about whom I had no idea before the team I was picking for was on the clock), but we can be flexible about this.

Sorry, wce_all_da_way, but I'm claiming the Jets this year. ;)

Just a few notes:

* Due to trades made in real life, neither the Redskins nor the Colts possess a first round draft pick this year. Anyone claiming those teams will have to sit out the first round, unless they are prepared to trade back into the first round.
* The draft order between the Ravens and the Cowboys will be determined by a coin flip at the draft combine. The order in the odd rounds will be reversed in the even rounds.
* As noted above, draft pick trades can occur. As we've not previously done a keeper mock draft, it's probably not worth allowing trades to include future picks.

Key dates:

February 17 -- Teams can begin applying the franchise tag to players.

February 19-25 -- Scouting combine in Indianapolis.

March 3 -- The final day to use the franchise tag.

March 8-11 -- Teams can begin negotiations with players who will be unrestricted free agents. Qualifying offers to restricted free agents are made in this window.

March 11 -- Free agency begins at 4 p.m. Teams may begin signing players and trading players. Teams also must be under the salary cap.

March 23-26 -- Annual league meetings in Orlando, Fla.

April 7 -- Teams with a new head coach may begin offseason workout programs.

April 21 -- Teams with returning coaches may begin offseason workout programs.

May 8-10 -- NFL draft.

Sorry, wce_all_da_way, but I'm claiming the Jets this year. ;)

I look forward to your terrible drafting then. I have a history of good picks so do not screw it up.

Put me down for any team that struggles to get a user and let me know. Really not fussed what team I get.

I don't want Larkis massacring the Texans draft, i will take them and the number 1 pick.

If a more experienced Texan fan like TheGreatBarryB would like to take over then i am all for that but in the meantime at least Houston will be represented.

I don't want Larkis massacring the Texans draft, i will take them and the number 1 pick.

If a more experienced Texan fan like TheGreatBarryB would like to take over then i am all for that but in the meantime at least Houston will be represented.

Go for it mate. Good to see another Texans fan..rare as hen's teeth. Although if we ever make the SB this board will be inundated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go for it mate. Good to see another Texans fan..rare as hen's teeth. Although if we ever make the SB this board will be inundated.
I am sure we will find people who have been supporting the texans for the last two decades in that case :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back