Training 2015/16 preseason training (discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks Tants! All I will say is I let my football do all the talking. We have some good days at work and a few which we rather forget. But we are all TTHD for now and when the season 2016 starts...we will take the Flag this year. The stars are aligning...

Lots of Love - Danyle "Deep Heat" Pearce aka Tobiko

I found D.Pearce added an inside element to his game last year, moments where we needed a clearance, I was suprised and pleased to see Daniel getting his hands dirty. Like everyone's said, he'll kick a fantastic goal yet shank it the very next kick, you know what you're going to get with Daniel, we just need to maximise his positives.

Also happy to hear that Barlow will return to his extractor role with RTB admitting he made a mistake and playing him out of position in 2015.

Im not calling him a fool because i dont agree with him. Calling him a fool because of his rationale saying that someone has the best kick in our team because they get the most inside 50s... pretty clear difference there champ

No need to call any body a fool on here champ . Different opinions ,that's what this place is all about champ.

Thanks Tants! All I will say is I let my football do all the talking. We have some good days at work and a few which we rather forget. But we are all TTHD for now and when the season 2016 starts...we will take the Flag this year. The stars are aligning...

Lots of Love - Danyle "Deep Heat" Pearce aka Tobiko
Are you like Beetlejuice? Say your name and you appear! Hooray. Love your stuff.

I

its soccer. yawn. And the best players are on the other side of the world.

We get to see the best football player in the world play and train on our doorstep. And a game of football doesn't have to be reduced to a 30 second highlight reel so that it isn't incredibly boring.

See - I'm trying to re rail the thread, back to the awesomeness that is Fyfe on the trading track!
Why as a human being on the planet earth, would you limit yourself to one form of sport, when they are all in their own way, awesome? Anyway, it wasn't meant to start a chain of discussion about soccer, it was just a throwaway remark about Fyfe looking like Ibra. Just sprinkling a bit of pixie dust onto an already layered cake of discussion, yo.

I would much rather a player kick 40m to a target than kick 60m straight to a contest which is easily pipped off by a defender. Hell, I would rather a player kicked 30m to a target.
Posts like this are easy for most of us to agree with, and they are often made. But clearly Lyon does not agree. Pearce is following the coach's instructions,and that is demonstrated each and every time he is chosen as best 22, and then every single time he delivers it long inside 50.

These posts should be directed at the game plan, not the guy who rates well in the Doig each year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damn, that was kept quiet JMT - must be bloody hot!

A lovely day under the fig trees.

Very quiet

1st quarter sloppy kicks on a whole. Yarren has a long way to go.
2nd quarter skills better. Morra playing deep defence and looking good. Kicks to Pav from Ballas needs to be just out in front and not too big a task.

A lovely day under the fig trees.

Very quiet

1st quarter sloppy kicks on a whole. Yarren has a long way to go.
2nd quarter skills better. Morra playing deep defence and looking good. Kicks to Pav from Ballas needs to be just out in front and not too big a task.
It is great to see the confidence being shown in Morabito and how well he is adapting to a new role.

Does he do much actual defending, or is he more attacking?

Final half

Skills were slightly better

Blakely was a ball magnet

Tabs kicked a couple of goals. Mayne, Uber, Tanner and Barlow 1 goal each. Very short quarters.

Tabbbbbbsssss!!!!!

Both

Sorry that was half time. The quarters have been split in half. So their playing 8 eighths instead of 4 quarters.

I made that mistake last year and left after 4 qtrs :cry:

Does it look like an A and B team or just mixed? Interesting to hear who's playing where position wise too.

Mixed groups

6/8 or 3/4 time

Mundy looks very good

Tanner bar 1 goal is a shocking kick

Collins and Silvagni playing very well in the backline. Both very physically strong.

Big session in the heat and although not the best skills the boys can run all day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back