Training 2015/16 preseason training (discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Could the perceived poor skills be partly attributed to playing on the small oval oat SF? As opposed to the vast open space of Subi...

No much more add that what has already been said about Yarran's right boot flying through the centre of the goals at 3/4 post height. Straight over the umpires hat it went.

The crowd went beserk.

But seriously, Nat Fyfe tore it up today but was then rested for the last quarter.

I watched the rehab boys train for a while too, and they all look in pretty good nick. Irish is a concern though.

Mundy, Ballas, Sonny and Blakey were all superb today.

So was Silvagni and Collins in the back line.

Mora may miss the odd target, but he makes up for it everywhere else.

Goal of the day was from Tanner Smith 50m out on the boundary line near the South Fremantle club rooms. I said to JMT that no way would he even make the distance but he did.

Zac Clarke also did some great things.

Highlight for me today was the "Gourmet Dorper Lamb Burger" from the Freo Markets. It was superb and worth every cent of the $10 I paid for it.

Could the perceived poor skills be partly attributed to playing on the small oval oat SF? As opposed to the vast open space of Subi...
For what it is worth my view is the skills were poor for only small parts of the first half 4/8 today. I think our skills were terrific for the second half and very good overall. The way we play actually makes scoring more difficult as we still are training with basically a wall behind the ball in match sim play. When both teams are doing that the skills look worse than if there is a different structure on opposing teams.

Some were but unfortunately some weren't forced errors

I know it was only the WAFL but when I went to the early scratch matches in the late seventies and early eighties the skills were often awful, right down to players get struck on the back of their heads regularly (drop kicks usually to blame).

I honestly think that the skills will very quickly come up to speed now they are in full oval practice.

Pleasantly surprised at Clarke's early form considering his lengthy injury lay off.

Excited to see Tucker and Collins in action soon.

Im super excited about morra. I never forget that running goal in 2011. He was predicted to win a brownlow at that time. So hope he can string a season together. And with a full contact pre season there is no reason why not.

Just wish Yarran was a bit more match ready. I have high hopes for him

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Im super excited about morra. I never forget that running goal in 2011. He was predicted to win a brownlow at that time. So hope he can string a season together. And with a full contact pre season there is no reason why not.

This is Yarran's first week in the main group. It is to be expected he would be behind a bit.

Last edited:

How can you forget something that never happened? :D Mora's running goal was in 2010.

That was my thought on seeing him the other day too. Was pleasantly surprised by his physique. He's obviously done a lot of weight work prior to getting to us.

It didn't surprise me. This was him prior to being drafted.

fb3d7ac2f852d9ae124897741e818e84

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am really excited about the prospect of Hill and Morabito streaming from the backline while Bennell and Walters spin their wheels in the forward half.

Fyfe, Mundy, Neale, Barlow and Pearce are a pretty strong centre core. Feed in a bit of pace and precision from the likes of Langdon and Weller when they are ready. There won't be many balls coming out of there without having some kind of impact from that bunch.

Excited.

No much more add that what has already been said about Yarran's right boot flying through the centre of the goals at 3/4 post height. Straight over the umpires hat it went.

The crowd went beserk.

But seriously, Nat Fyfe tore it up today but was then rested for the last quarter.

I watched the rehab boys train for a while too, and they all look in pretty good nick. Irish is a concern though.

Mundy, Ballas, Sonny and Blakey were all superb today.

So was Silvagni and Collins in the back line.

Mora may miss the odd target, but he makes up for it everywhere else.

Goal of the day was from Tanner Smith 50m out on the boundary line near the South Fremantle club rooms. I said to JMT that no way would he even make the distance but he did.

Zac Clarke also did some great things.

Highlight for me today was the "Gourmet Dorper Lamb Burger" from the Freo Markets. It was superb and worth every cent of the $10 I paid for it.
Sounds like a Croatian delicacy. Did they have any Cevapcicci at the markets as well? If you dont now what they are ask the Cook at the Croatian club in Stirling.ha ha

Last edited:

Yarren I doubt will play for Freo in round 1. He's already behind the others.

Highlight for me today was the "Gourmet Dorper Lamb Burger" from the Freo Markets. It was superb and worth every cent of the $10 I paid for it.[/QUOTE]

Love them Dorpers.

Sounds like a Croatian delicacy. Did they have any Cevapcicci at the markets as well? If you dont now what they are ask the Cook at the Croatian club in Stirling.ha ha

Tanner has had probably 2 good outings for the whole if summer where he has stood out against Mora regularly standing out. Mora is way ahead IMO .

Nema cevapcicci na marketu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the great reports :thumbsu:

Sounds like Morabito is a good chance to start in round 1, though Tanner is giving him a run for his money on the rookie upgrade spot :)

Tanner has had probably 2 good outings for the whole of summer where he has stood out against Mora's efforts regularly standing out. Mora is way ahead IMO .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back