2015 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Macca19 and FishingRick04 I assume the Podcast will feature the fixture heavily next week. A request / suggestion for subsequent weeks to fill in some of the dead time is a more detailed review of our opponents. I admit I don't watch other teams play much (they are generally as boring as s**t/painful to watch) so I'm not the expert of them. Something along the lines of 5 minutes per team (maybe 4 a podcast?) on how we've matched up against them in the Ken era (pre-Ken being useless) and whether you think they are likely to go better or worse in 2015 then 2014, particularly against Port (based on coach changes, aging list (whether bad like the Hawks/Freo or good like GC / GWS), trades, free agency loss / gain, delistings / retirements etc.).

Sounds good! I'll cancel Christmas :D

Can make it to all games bar the Thursday night one, I think, because of work early in the morning, but I mind wind up just going anyway. Pretty happy with that.

Lots of night games – awesome.

Only one early afternoon game – awesome.

9 FTA. That's as good as its gonna get for us I think.

1 MCG. Not ideal.

But overall pretty happy. Nice one KT
yep you know it's farked when saints get 7 FTA

yep you know it's farked when saints get 7 FTA

You've got to wonder about the Saints. All those box office draws, all those champions of the game, all those near misses (1997, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2010) and still treading water as a club while nosediving back into spoonsville.

What will it take for them to level out and become a consistently relevant club with the supporter base to match?

So 5 games for me in Melbourne, but not too happy about only 1 being at the MCG and having to play Hawthorn at Etihad. Unexpected that we copped the Bulldogs twice, also disappointed we didn't get North and the Suns at home.
I was looking forward to playing Hawthorn at the G: we improved by 162 points on the time we played them there in 2011, so that means we would have won the next one by 159 points :)

Tough draw good no excuses, but 4 games at Etihad pfft & 1 at the MCG two months before the finals :rolleyes:

Maybe he gets rested by the club so it can be played at home? Playing Richmond in Rnd 8 :)
Won't want to rest players against Brissy, particularly at the Gabba. They'll be good this year. If I was a betting man I'd be putting money on them to make the 8. Although it doesn't seem as if their odds will be anywhere near as generous as ours were in 2013.

Tough draw good no excuses, but 4 games at Etihad pfft & 1 at the MCG two months before the finals :rolleyes:
Actually better than last year, 3 games at Etihad and 1 at the MCG 1 month before the finals.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The funny thing is, with how easy Adelaide's draw is they'd have to be woefully bad to not make the top 8 yet Walsh will get all the credit.

The funny thing is, with how easy Adelaide's draw is they'd have to be woefully bad to not make the top 8 yet Walsh will get all the credit.
They could lose 3 of their first 5 if you ask me

*actually could quite easily lose 4 of their first 6

I love this draw, especially the first few rounds. Some blockbuster games to start off at home. Singing NTUA is going to be epic with sellout crowds. Lets beat the best to be the best. Not be accused of making a GF on the back of a soft draw. Bring it on mofos !!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back