2015 ICC Cricket World Cup Final: New Zealand vs Australia - 29th March, 2.30pm AEDT @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Other World Cups we have had MULTIPLE people with 20 wickets, look at 2003 for evidence on that. I know the pitches were flatter this time, but the point stands. Starc carried this attack.

Forgot Maxwell, but even so that is 2 batsmen...you are being very generous counting Finch! Might as well count Warner while you are at it despite him having a horrendous WC!
What point? You said yourself, rightly, that the pitches were as flat as a shitcarters hat

They all bowled incredibly well in 2007 as well, i think people tend to rate the 2007 WC win lower than others because of the piss poor organization, the time the games were on and the farcical near darkness finish but we really did dominate that cup more than any other.
I agree, I also think it was overshadowed a bit by the death of Bob Woolmer, the catch taken by the fat bloke from Bermuda that caused an earthquake in some parts of the world and that, like this world cup, certain teams get in through tokenism.

I agree, I also think it was overshadowed a bit by the death of Bob Woolmer, the catch taken by the fat bloke from Bermuda that caused an earthquake in some parts of the world and that, like this world cup, certain teams get in through tokenism.
I think you mean "the single greatest moment in cricketing history".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What point? You said yourself, rightly, that the pitches were as flat as a shitcarters hat

Players still got 20+ wickets, and the fact is both the 2003 and the 2007 attacks had blokes getting more lots of 20+ wickets, and you would hardly call those wickets seaming paradises.

Anyone hear Faulkner on SEN this morning, very funny... very hammered.

Reckon most blokes will be still pissed at the presentation going on at Fed Square at the moment given they were still going strong at 7am

1999 - 12 matches - 1 bowler with 20+
2003 - 11 matches - 2 bowlers with 20+
2007 - 11 matches - 3 bowlers with 20+
2011 - 6 matches - 0 bowlers with 20+
2015 - 8 matches - 1 boers with 20+

So sure, in 2003 we had 2 bowlers with 20+ wickets, but Aus also played 3 more games.

Think in 2007 we had all 3 bowlers over 20 wickers...McGrath, Hogg and Tait? Memory could be failing though.

Anyone hear Faulkner on SEN this morning, very funny... very hammered.

Reckon most blokes will be still pissed at the presentation going on at Fed Square at the moment given they were still going strong at 7am

I didn't hear that but I laughed when he was interviewed on the ground last night and when asking about how much drinking was going to happen he made some comment about being guided by the senior team members, very diplomatic answer I thought :p Clearly the senior members set a high standard for him :D

As long they all have their phones switched off, don't want another public outrage like when Ryan Harris tweeted after The Ashes win :rolleyes:

Do yourselves a favour and read the comments on any cricinfo article about Australia winning the world cup.

India is all of a sudden producing a ridiculous amount of wine, pity it's all sour.

So what's that now? 99, 03, 07 and 15, that's pure domination, fantastic to see the Aussies win another one, were easily on paper the strongest side in the WC, we just hopes they got it all together and didn't choke, last night was a masterclass and NZ were never really in it.

We are a very good chance of winning it again in 2019 as well, most of this group will still be going. Haddin, Clarke, johnson, watson are the obvious ones that come to mind who will be retired.

So what's that now? 99, 03, 07 and 15, that's pure domination, fantastic to see the Aussies win another one, were easily on paper the strongest side in the WC, we just hopes they got it all together and didn't choke, last night was a masterclass and NZ were never really in it.

We are a very good chance of winning it again in 2019 as well, most of this group will still be going. Haddin, Clarke, johnson, watson are the obvious ones that come to mind who will be retired.
Don't forget 1987

Surely useless 'Paul Collingwood MBE' Doherty is well and truly gone by then too (Cameron Boyce the replacement). Just purely going off my head,

Haddin- replaced by Whiteman or Nevill (just hope it isn't wheelie bin Wade)
Clarke- Chris Lynn probably
Johnson- Cummins/Paris/Pattinson/NCN
Watson- Mitch Marsh.

They are pretty good replacements.

Finch is surely on a tightrope, especially as in England it will swing and he is hopeless against the ball that moves. You would have to consider another opener.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back