List Mgmt. 2015 List Discussion (No rumours or hypotheticals please)

Remove this Banner Ad

The BJ hate in here is ludicrous. Writing him off as a sub standard VFL player when he has had no consistency in terms of games played at AFL level is a bit short sighted.

21 off the rookie list? Pretty sure he's a senior listed player! Pretty sure he's older than Heeney, Jones, Mills, Rose and damn sure he's as good as Derickx!

Ok Mick he started on the Rookie list and was upgraded in 2014 I think. I think he is better than Derrickx. At times in 2014 I was certain we had made a mistake and he was hopeless. Kept overrunning the ball, giving the ball to the wrong options, terrible delivery etc . But toward the end of last season he started playing some very decent footy. Picking good options, timing his run to the ball, delivering really well. so I think I will wait and see how he fares instead of baying for blood. doing that can end up with egg on face.

Ok Mick he started on the Rookie list and was upgraded in 2014 I think. I think he is better than Derrickx. At times in 2014 I was certain we had made a mistake and he was hopeless. Kept overrunning the ball, giving the ball to the wrong options, terrible delivery etc . But toward the end of last season he started playing some very decent footy. Picking good options, timing his run to the ball, delivering really well. so I think I will wait and see how he fares instead of baying for blood. doing that can end up with egg on face.
Among other things.....

I agree, BJack has shown improvement. His value is as yet realised. Giving him the equivalent of a packet of chips and a bus ticket to stay on and develop further can't be a bad thing. Worst case is that he stalls at his current level of development and we've spent bare minimum on someone who at worst can plug a gap if we should ever need it. Shock horror.

It's not like we're certain we've missed out on anyone else because we've kept him on and he's taken their spot. For those who want to get rid of him I want you to name me his replacement. Go on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair, he is better then Warnock or D.Simpson as depth. Probably would give T.West a run for his money..
It speaks volumes that one of the players you listed is not even on an AFL list, and one changed clubs as an zero compensation free agent (which still overstated his value).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back